Unit 58 Pronghorn

Jimmyt

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share some advice on areas to check out. I was planning on hunting before the deer opener the last week of Sept Thanks Jim

Opener is Sept 25th, and that's when I would be out there, at least for 2-3 days. Seems typically the rut is about the 12th-25th, and I would try to see as many bucks as possible, especially together and see what ones are dominant. get familiar looking at them and learning to judge mass, more than length.

The average for horns every year is only around 11 inches, and you will see quite a few in the 12-13" range. A 13" buck looks big, after looking at lots of little ones! Bigger ones tend to be loners, up high, and even in the trees. Stay away from Eight Mile and all the heavy roaded motorcycle and ATV areas. Pass Creek and North to Gilmore would be better places on the west side, while a lot of good ones come the Divide Creek area on the East side.

The last two weeks of the season are good, as the deer/elk hunters push them down towards the desert and with early weather they will even start bunching up the last week. Good luck, hold out for a big one.

Opener is Sept 25th, and that's when I would be out there, at least for 2-3 days. Seems typically the rut is about the 12th-25th, and I would try to see as many bucks as possible, especially together and see what ones are dominant. get familiar looking at them and learning to judge mass, more than length.

The average for horns every year is only around 11 inches, and you will see quite a few in the 12-13" range. A 13" buck looks big, after looking at lots of little ones! Bigger ones tend to be loners, up high, and even in the trees. Stay away from Eight Mile and all the heavy roaded motorcycle and ATV areas. Pass Creek and North to Gilmore would be better places on the west side, while a lot of good ones come the Divide Creek area on the East side.

The last two weeks of the season are good, as the deer/elk hunters push them down towards the desert and with early weather they will even start bunching up the last week. Good luck, hold out for a big one.
Thanks for the good advice it's appreciated

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom