Unsuccessful in the draw

Cavalier

I'm very disappointed that I didn't get drawn for the general archery deer hunt. I've been to Utah a number of times since 2004 both archery and muzzle loader hunts and had great times. Utah use to have thousands of left over archery tags but I haven't put in for archery in 3 years. I'm assuming there won't be any leftovers in the Southeast corner of the state if I didn't get drawn, so what happened that they are all gone now. I didn't compare years, did they drop the number of tags? What gives?
Anyone have some explanations.

Thanks......

So....since no one wants to post anything about my post, I guess I have to assume that apparently it is old news that left over tags are non-existant. Better luck next year.

I spoke with a Biologist a couple weeks ago regarding the South Eastern portion of the state and he told me they had cut a lot of tags. I had some questions about the La Sal unit and he said they had cut quite a few Archery tags there as well.

I believe its because its getting harder to draw tags, so people are trying to get whatever they can so at least they are hunting. Before when there was extra tags, people saw that and did not draw, so Now they are thinking archery is the way to go. But now its getting hard to draw even those tags. I drew my 4th choice.

0-10 years for me in UT

Success will be sooooo sweet when i finally draw something

Yes Mr Cavalier, the tag numbers are way down (along with the smaller units) in an effort to build/protect the buck part of the deer herds.
This is going to be the "new normal". General season tags are now limited entry and guys who draw feel pretty lucky.
Zeke

As Zeke stated. The whole deer application/unitprocess has changed as of last year. Everything is a draw and at alot smaller numbers. Even as a residence it takes a point or two to draw several of the smaller units now for rifle.

I figure I will be lucky to draw every other year and will have to look at other states on the off year which will be just fine.

I do hope that the new management plan helps the deer numbers and the quility of the bucks. It will be worth it.

What a sad day to see guys not drawing or drawing a 4th choice for an archery tag. I have decided this year to do as Lebron James did and take my talents to Wyoming rather than Utah :)

They have (1) leftover ML tag for SJ in the SE.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>They have (1) leftover ML tag
>for SJ in the SE.
>
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

OK!

Here's my Question?

You know Damn Well several Guys are gonna try & get that Single SJ Permit,Right?

How they gonna do it without over selling a few permits?

People lined up all over the State,who's gonna know who is first?

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom