Using cow elk permit during archery hunt

xbow

I know you can use your cow elk permit during another hunt as long as they are for the same area. My question is I plan on using my cow permit during my archery deer hunt this weekend, but does anybody know what happens if you fill your deer tag first? Can you still hunt with your cow permit afterwards? I can't seem to find a explanation of the rule that pertain to this scenario in the regulations. Thanks in advance for any clarification anyone may be able to provide.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-13 AT 10:01PM (MST)[p]100% Yes you can as long as you keep your buck tag with you while hunting the cow. Did it a year or two ago, killed my spike elk opening morn, game warden checked it and he told me good luck with the cow tag that I still had. Once the season ends for deer then the cow tag can't be used until its scheduled time.

"If your buck deer or bull elk permit and your antlerless elk permit are for the same area, you may use your antlerless elk permit during your buck deer or bull elk season, using the weapon listed on your buck or bull permit. However, you may not use your buck deer or bull elk permit during the antlerless season, unless the seasons overlap"

That is straight from the guide book. It says you can use it during your antlered permit hunt. Nothing states the validity of the license is depented on an unfilled antlered tag.

Fill em both! Good luck!

AND, even better, if you are a DH, you can hunt your cow during each season.

Methinks I have some elk meat coming.......woohoo!

Same with youth hunters with any weapon deer permiy...

Get a 3 seasons, can fill cow permit during any of them!!!

Have done it with my kids 4 years in a row! 60 day hunts! AWESOME.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Ain't you suppose to be huntin goofy Bulls goofyelk?

Founder just Banned My Signature!
Hang in there!
I'm working on another one!:D

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom