Utah Statewide Permits

fishon

Very Active Member
In 2004 the Statewide deer tag sold for $81,000. The Statewide Elk tag sold for $49,000 and the Statewide mountain goat sold for I think $16,000. That is a total income of $146,000.

The interesting thing is that none of those permits were filled in 2004. It is kinda funny how everyone is up in arms about a couple of animals being killed on the winter range yet when they don't fill the permit nothing is said about it.

I hope people realize that alot of good comes from these permits wether they are filled or not.

Tony Abbott

Well said Tony, I hope (as I've said in previous posts) that our kids will all benefit from the money raised with these tags.The conservation tag program is working and the people involved are genuinely concerned about the future of hunting in the state of Utah. 'Nuff said.
Thanks,
LT

I think it's great, the first year they dont wack something they should be comlimented. Now we just need five more years of the same. LOL

Question:

Did this money go into the Utah General Fund or is it somehow kept apart and put into some other fund, and if so, what Fund did it go into?

I'm still assuming this money goes into the General Fund along with other license sales which then goes to F&G, Road repair, schools etc etc.

-DallanC

THIS MAY NOT BE GOOD!!!

IF THE DWR STARTS THINKING (UMM!!!) WE JUST MADE 146,000.00 AND DIDN'T HAVE TO GIVE A DAMN THING,THEY JUST MIGHT SELL 5 TIMES AS MANY PERMITS!!!

HELL,SOMEBODY'S GONNA DO THE MATH,YOU KNOW,AVERAGE THE KILLS & ISSUE MORE GOVERNOR TAGS,WE COLLECT TWICE AS MUCH AND THE HUNTERS ONLY TAKE HALF AS MUCH!!!

MY HATS OFF TO THE HUNTERS,MUST OF BEEN SOME REAL TROPHY HUNTING GOING ON!!!

DON'T KNOW IF ITS TRUE,THEY SAY THE GUY WITH THE DEER TAG TURNED A 38" BUCK LOOSE???(MIGHT BE BULL,I DON'T KNOW???)

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING WHAT THE DWR THINKS ABOUT 3 EMPTY PERMITS???

FYI, in California they auction off 5 Gov deer tags every year and most years only 2 or 3 kill an animal. I know of 2 different years where only 1 buck was shot. People get too excited and envious about these wonderful and useful programs. Maybe we should concentrate and b itch about the abuse of all the friggin quadrunners that are destroying are hunting grounds. To hell with chute planes, lets ban together and police the quads. As far as I know, no has ever shot or killed a buck off of a chute plane. The BOBCAT has it right....tune er up!

LETS STIR IT UP BOY'S!!!

I LOVE MY CHUTE PLANE!!!

IT'S A SILENT FLYING TUNE-EM UP MACHINE!!!

I'LL LET SOMEBODYELSE STIR THE HATED ATV DEBATE THIS TIME,I THINK I'VE ALREADY TOOK MY TURN!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING HOW MANY GOVERNOR TAGS COULD BE ALLOCATED AND HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD WHINE,OH,I GUESS JUST US POOR BOY'S!!!

FYI

90% of the money is ear marked for hunting game and its habitat in Utah. 10% goes to the group that marketed it. The money is well spent. The dwr and the group decide where and how the money is spent within the rules.

tony

Nothing negative is ever said about the Sportsman Tags when they kill a buck/bull in late winter and they have every right the auction hunter has. I know we all understand this and why it is never the controversy the auction tags are. Benefit the wildlife in every way possible I say. We all live in a great state with great wildlife.

Damn dissapointing post where are all the whiners anyway? Would bet if a little research were done unfilled tags is more common than one might think. LOL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom