Wasatch Elk Unit Boundary Question

whipknot

A guy that I was talking to yesterday told me that he has been hunting for elk during the archery season the past couple of years on the Wasatch South of I-80 before you get to the summit near Mt. Aire. Isn't that the Limited Entry Wasatch unit? When I asked him about it he said that it is open to archery only for any bull. I looked at the regs and saw the extended Wasatch Front boundary... but it still shows up as inside the limited entry unit. Can anybody clarify this for me?

you can hunt south of I 80 but you have to be north of corner canyon in draper. if you go south of that you are in the limited entry unit. and you have to be west of the summit county line and Wasatch county line. so you have to be in salt lake county. that is how I was told the boundaries work from the Biologist about 4 years ago and then I asked him last year again to make sure that is correct and he said yes. hope that helps you out.

Jake

That area is the extended archery area for sure. You have to be careful around the west part of Mt Aire because it is private and they do not allow any hunting of any kind. I have enjoyed (unsuccessfully so far) hunting that area the last few years eventhough it is difficult to hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom