Wasatch Moose Which Season

tesmitty

What season is best during the Wasatch moose season? The 1st week which falls in Sept. or the 2nd two weeks of the season in October. From what I'm hearing the Oct. dates are better for big bulls. Is that true?
Thanks, Todd

depends on the weather, last year the 2nd season was alot better.
when I had my tag in 2004, the 1st season was a little more active.

If you can scout, then the first week of the hunt is the best. Find your bull scouting and get him killed. Once the bulls get to rutting they can travel miles. When I had my tag, many of the great bulls I had scouted were killed before the second season had opened. Although I can't really complain with my results.......

--------------------
www.sagebasin.com
--------------------

+1 with what packout said. They move quite a bit but are way fun to call in Id hunt both with that tag. its only a once in a lifetime tag.

Thanks guys!! My brother has been out scouting every chance possible, but has yet to find any large shooter bulls. I'm hoping he'll come across some soon. The real problem is I don't want to miss out on his hunt. I have set aside 9 to 10 days of vacation time to assist him on his hunt and I want to be there when he connects. I've been dragging him around since he was old enough to sit in a tree stand and I don't want to miss this opportunity. The current plan is to be there the first week but if he can't locate the bull he's looking for I'll wait until until it opens again in October. I just wasn't sure what the best part of the season was.
Thanks Again, Todd

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom