wet cape

I think your talking about a green cape? It's always good to try to clean the cape up before freezing it. Anytime you add water to a cape your asking for problems, like slippage. Now if the cape has been out in the elements for a while it might be best to cool it down in the freezer then take it out and clean it up. You can use a kitchen trash bag to put the cape in. Get all the air out of bag. Spin the bag around and tie a knot in it making sure you don't put any holes in trash bag. It can stay in the freezer for a long time this way.I hope this helps.

quest

I don't think he is talking about a green cape. If you get a wet tanned cape from the tannery, you can freeze it.

Is that a trick question?.......like, "How much wood........?"

Or is it Algebra.......math without numbers?

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-12 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]Fresh green capes That are wet can be frozen. Very often when in the field, especially with antelope, we will use soap and water to wash capes, then rinse, before freezing for transport. The only time I suggest not freezing a cape is if it is close to slipping already. If you freeze a cape then, chances are it will fall apart when it thaws out.

Ben

Reread the original post and Quest, I believe you are right. Don't know why I inserted "tanned" in there...

I've made sure when freezing to roll up the cape starting with the head and ears on the inside to help protect from freezer burn ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom