What did you draw????

Not here in Kali yet....elsewhere only one...an Antelope tag in Nevada.....waiting on Wyoming and California draws.

Brian

Out of all the sates I've applied in......I finally drew a tag....archery mule deer in CO. Can't wait to get back in the high country.

BOHNTR )))---------->

Nothing for me yet. No dice in Utah, Nevada and Colorado. Still waiting for my Region D tag and my area 48 tag in Woming. I'm hoping my 12 year old daughter gets drawn here in Cali for the Hunter Ligget either sex apprentice hunt. That is the same place I took my first deer so I'm hoping it works out. I'll probably just end up with the same old A zone tag. Ya, I put in for G3.....we know how that ends up.

Steve

I'll be hunting Elk in November in Wyoming with my brother.I am going to buy the Archery stamp and go hunt them in the Rut the end of September.Also put in for an Antelope tag in Wyoming and will make it a little Combo trip.As far as the Cali draw i put in for everything and am expecting nothing.

me and Eel are hunting Wyoming.... got a B tag ...still wait'n ca, nm, wy! points across so far!
4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

Going to Colorado, with a tag. Another trip to NM with friends. And like everyone else, don't know about my Ca. tag yet.

Did'nt draw my 2nd choice in Co....I drew it 3 times before as 2nd.....could'nt believe it. Headin to a old standby in Idaho....the Sawtooth.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

mod700 what unit did you draw and how many points did you have?I will have 12 going into next year.You can P.M. me if you want

Drew GMU 21 for the archery season. Now I am hoping that I don't draw the northwestern cali elk tag( seasons overlap).....I guess murphy's law will cause me to take three weeks off work instead of two.......darn!!!

Also have a south eastern utah muzzleloader tag too.......

what's a guy going to do?

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Did not draw South Dakota this year however I could buy a whitetail tag but I think I would rather wait till next year and hunt late season muleys again. I saw some pretty good whitetails last November when I was hunting mule deer but they just don't excite me like big muleys do.. besides I'm planning on hunting G3 in December.. well maybe I will.. it could happen and there is always the elk, antelope, big horn sheep... sheesh I almost forgot about those..

Jim- Maybe you'll pull the elk, antelope, and the sheep tag this year!! That would be a very, very bad problem you'd probably love to have, eh?

Steve

Way to beat the odds in Nevada elkslayer! I guess your 7 points beat my 11, I put in for the archery anyways so you can be the guinney pig. All my hunts havent been drawn yet, Oregon antelope and Arizona coues, cant wait! Set your goal at 350 or better and good luck . BH1

>Jim- Maybe you'll pull the elk,
>antelope, and the sheep tag
>this year!! That would be
>a very, very bad problem
>you'd probably love to have,
>eh?
>
>Steve

Well Steve you know it would be a problem but some how I would try to work through it the best I could. I would put my chin up and do my best to endure all of that hunting. Now that I think about it you have me concerned.. This could be a real issue, I hope I can sleep tonight..

Jim

Oil, what Wy unit? My first choice was a Nov rifle but I planned on the archery. So much for plans. Around Cody??

Buckhunter, My minimum is 340. I think I can pass a 330 bull but not a 340 bull. Sound stupid?? It does to me but from what I know and guys that hunted it last year, 330 bulls were as common as 330 bulls can ever be common. Only thing I can promise is I won't look back and say I wasn't prepared. My issue will be staying off of the trigger.

And I expect a Region "K" tag in another few weeks. Thats the wife, step-son and my hunt.

Drew a area 16 early rifle tag for Nevada! My oldest son, I have four, drew a area 6 bull elk tag also. Iam waiting to hear from Wyoming, and California. Hope I just get a point for Wyoming now. Area 16 is only three hours away from home, I plan on spending alot of time out there this summer. When my White Mt. sheep tag, and X9C deer tag arrive, everything will be alright. Thanks, Doug.

Deer in CO, nothing even with 7pts. Did draw a Cow tag though and one of my buddies drew a 21 2nd season tag. More points in NV and WY and waiting on CA.

Drew Montana deer and elk, waiting on the special permit for deer. Also got NV archery deer. Points in UT, CO, AZ. Still waiting on AZ sheep, NM sheep and obviously CA.

My girl friend drew a nevada muzzy deer and I have drawn a Colorado
muzzy tag for deer We will be busy for two weeks the seasons over lap.waiting on new mexico my daughters in for elk and deer youth tags the wait is killing me.

I don't have a single tag in hand... yet. I hope to draw A-20 in Ca. Gonna send my Co general archery elk tag back for a refund. I will then buy a couple caribou tags for my September hunt in Alaska. I should draw a Kansas whitetail tag for November. I have a archery Coues deer hunt brewing for January in Mexico. I've never hunted Mexico, this should be fun... I love Mexican food!! My mediocre season is looking good right now. Last week I was in the dumps about not having tags and now it's rolling. Ed F

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowuntr

I drew a 3rd season CO cow tag for unit 71. Should be able to fill that. Dad will pick up an OTC bull for same unit when we get there.

Waiting to hear on Calif draw.

Calif_Mike

Colorado 4th season Either Sex Elk Tags for the 3 of us. Been going the 3rd combined for the last 20 years but thought we would change it up a little this year. Still waiting on Cali Deer, Antelope and Elk

- Rich

So far a Lone Peak mountain goat tag in Utah and a muzzleloader deer tag in 081 NV. Still waiting on NM, AZ, ID, MT, and CA.

Though with two great tags in hand and my standby OTC deer hunts in CA, I surely wouldn't mind spreading the wealth with my fellow MM members who haven't yet drawn a tag. I think it would actually be better for my marriage!

Good luck to everybody in the remaining draws...

Horniac

I recieved my Calif. 2nd archery tag & Bear tag 3 weeks ago. Waiting to see if I can bow locally through the draw. Out of state, I have a CO Elk bow hunt & a Utah late season cow tag.

Utah Archery Deer (southern)
Will likely have a Kaibab Archery Deer to go with it unless I draw 12AW early with 5 points.
I drew point # 14 for AZ Archery elk. Should be on unit 9 next September.

For Kali, I applied for Doyle Muzz and Independent Archery Elk

I drew Az 13B archery
In CA I drew M3, NW Roosevelt, Surprise Valley archery Antelope,
and Orocopia Sheep.
Well, in my wildest of dreams I did.

And a Unit 44/45 New Mexico Elk tag. I'm maxxed out.

I've now got:

Oct 1, Wyoming Region "K" (wife/step-son/me)

Oct 10, New Mexico 44/45 elk (Dad/me)

Oct 20, Nevada elk (me)

only draw I've got left that isn't Preference Points is the Wyoming deer to varify the Region "K" tags and Oregon Sheep.

Hope they don't do that to me!!!!!!!!!1

I drew archery mule deer in eastern Nevada, drew my third choice for archery mule deer in the wilderness of Colorado, just found out I was drawn for Antelope (any legal weapon) Northeast New Mexico, I have two OTC Blacktail Deer tags for Cali and a bear tag. I hope I don't get drawn for antelope, elk or sheep here in Cali. The sad part is that I may not be able to hunt any of these hunts. I was laid-off two weeks ago for the first time in my life. If I am fortunate enough to land another job soon I won't have any vacation time. I guess I'm either hunting them all or none at all. What a situation.

JR

califhuntn, I'm sorry to hear that, DAMN!!!!!!!!!

I went through that in my early 20s with only a mortgage and that was tough enough. I don't wish that on anyone.

Good Luck, sometimes these things work out for the best in the long run. Hope that's the case with you.

hang in there califhuntn..I was laid off after 15 years....I thought a was not going to have a job for a year...I planned to still hunt for at lease a week...I did not draw EDD because I was picked up by an old employer I worked for 20 years ago however I took a 9 dollar an hour pay cut...bastards know when they gots ya!! jobs are opening up a bit it seems...so hang on won't be long know..turn in CO and save that money..

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

califhuntn
Sorry to hear about your job. Hang in there and good luck!

Where about is your Antelope hunt in Northeastern NM? We did an Antelope hunt up that way years ago. We based in Springer and hunted towards the NE. Had an awesome hunt and took some nice lopes.

- Rich

Thank you guys for the thoughts and words of encouragement. It's definitely a strange and unfamiliar feeling. I have been told by many people that things may work out for the better. I will stay positive and upbeat. Good luck to all of you this hunting season. I hope our economy turns around and don't wish this on anyone.

califelkslayer good luck in Nevada on that elk hunt. Hope to read all about your hunt like last year. I may be hunting the same unit during archery deer, if I do I will keep my eyes peeled for a big stinky for you.

JR

califelkslayer, sorry I confused you with califelknuts and his Monroe elk hunt last year. I still would like to hear how your elk hunt goes.

JR

Yea, I'm not the author elknuts is. That was a great story.

BUT the most enjoyable hunt of my life was my Co archery elk last year with my dad and we get to do it again in NM this year. Damn, I hope I'm still killin elk @ 74.

And I'm keeping a diary for the Nv hunt, along with scouting video/pics and have a partner that wants to go along to video. He's having back surgery though and I'm not sure he'll be ready.

So regardless of the outcome, there'll be a story.

Utah speedgoat & New Mexico unit 15 muzzy tag. Feeling lucky about an Idaho supertag with Cali draw soon to follow!

Points in CO, UT, NV (did not draw any).

Waiting on CA Draw (likely end up Drawing second choice-Hunting deer in D3).

Waiting on WY Draw (Antelope in South west WY).

Debating buying the UT General Northern Rifle tag...or save money and hunt at home D3.

Just dont know what I'll do. Good luck everyone! When is the CA draw anyway?

-Rodzilla

I'm on a lucky streak.171-173 muzzleloader deer in Nevada and 61 Colorado elk muzzleloader so it should be a fun year.If anyone has any info on Colorado please send it my way I can use all the info I can get,Thanks...Devlin

>Utah speedgoat & New Mexico unit
>15 muzzy tag. Feeling lucky
>about an Idaho supertag with
>Cali draw soon to follow!
>

Forgot to mention...M3 doyle muzzy tag last year

I havnt drawn a tag this year yet!! Im hoping im using all my luck for CA this year. M3 here i come.. Also just going to see what leftover tags are in WY and waiting on SD.

If i draw a ca. goat or elk tag,..i'll probably die from heart attack!! so if your a alternate, you still got a chance...
mike

What date is the results going to be posted

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thanks Rack. Anybody ever gotten the alternate spot and eventually ended up with the tag? I've known 2 guys with the alternate spot and never got squat!

I got notified once about 7 years that i was a alternate for a bow goat tag,...as close as i ever got, as hard as these tags are to draw,..i think few pass the chance.I don't know of anybody being drawn as a alternate, and getting the tag.
mike

Yort-
Nice to see you on MM!

So far, which I'm not happy with, I'm striking out across the West. Hopefully I'll pull a tag here in CA but the odds are stacked against me. Good luck to those that have been fortunate...I'll be hunting vicariously through you.

I'm feeling your pain! Not one tag yet. Down to Wy and Az deer. And CA of course. Max points for elk, sheep, and antelope. So I have a chance, (a slim one). I also have three friends in for G6 with max points. We'll be buck hunting in Dec. OTC bull tag in CO too, most likely.

Don P.

A very good friend of mine who I used to hunt ducks with 60+ days a year plus several weeks of salmon fishing missed out on a Lassen 1st period antelope tag about 12 years ago. He was newly retired and fished commercially for salmon almost 40 days straight.

Got home, opened 40 days of mail and he was 3 days late to pay for the tag. Someone was happy!!!!!!!!

Looks like he won't be fishing for salmon anymore....the state's got that all jacked up now. Too bad about that goat tag. I'll bet he was pissed!

Steve

Well, we drew our Colorado tag and now fuel is $3 again. By October, it will be $4+. I'm retired here, I can't afford this chit!

To help finance my trip, I decided I may sell a pre '64 Model 70, in 220 Swift, with a K10 Weaver steel tube scope. I have 2 that almost match. Both made in '58.

Depends on the interest, so if you know any collectors.

.....THEY ARE NOT SHOOTERS. The throat lasted until about 1980 in the first one and the second one made it to about 1996. They can be rebarreled, but then they are shooters and NOT COLLECTORS.

I drew so far a bull tag in a good wy unit and I sholud get the pronghorn there also.,my brother on the other hand has also drawn elk in wy. probly pronghorn in wy. he drew a pronghorn tag in unit 15 nv. then a moose tag in Idaho ,this enough but two more states to go with results well will see what happens , good luck to the rest of you

I bought an AO tag and a Pig tag for CA. I am hunting private land in VA and MO later this year.

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough. -John Wayne

Was able to get my drawing results for Wyoming this morning.

Area 87 successful Mule deer buck
Area 63 successful Antelope any

Will greatly be looking forward to a fun trip!

Joey

Drew a wyoming tag area W never been there before didnt draw in nevada or colorado have a B tag in California. Drew nevada and california last year.

I drew an Elk tag in Wyoming on the first draw of the year for me then a whole bunch of UNSUCCESSFUL.Then on my last draw of the year i drew an Antelope tag in Wyoming.I think i'll call these my "BOOK END" tags.

I'm still holging out for an Arizona deer tag, but for now I will be hunting antelope in wyoming, whitetail in South Dakota, as well as a G-1 and a B tag here. Good luck to all, some of you have some great tags.

CABugle

My dad drew an X3B so at least I get to play guide on that hunt. I guess me and the kid will get one of those much sought after B Zone tags.

- Rich

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom