What is the definition of TARD?

hawkbill

Very Active Member
I hear the word TARD or UTARD quite often on MM, I’m just curious what is the real meaning of this word. Any or all are welcome to submit comments.

I always thought it was describing a bunch of overly friendly, yet sometimes somewhat backwards good ol boys. Like the tall skinny red headed fellers from around here.:)

Lately it seems to refer to the foul natured knuckleheads who are ruining the place.

Or anyone behind the wheel of a car with Utah plates.

Last edited:
1. A word used to overcompensate for the fear of being seen as a woke person that is considerate of people touched by intellectual disabilities, including their families and friends, and would not to use stereotypes of people from Utah. 2. A word used by people that may have binged too many episodes of Yellowstone.

Last edited:
Or anyone behind the wheel of a car with Utah plates.
This...

When I was a kid growing up in Wyoming, my father would go into some sort of meltdown mode whenever he saw a Utah plate. He seemed to believe that if you had one of those plates, all of the following were true:

1) You can't drive. Or at best, you drive like every road is a one lane dirt road.
2) You can't hunt. Or at best, you hunt like you drive (see 1) above).
3) You have 20 kids, and all of them are jammed in the back of that Ford under the camper shell.
4) You struggle with geography. Wyoming was not a northern county of Utah.

Funny- living in AZ all my adult life, I have spent copious time in Wyoming and Utah. Wonder what those folks think of me and my AZ plates :)

This...

When I was a kid growing up in Wyoming, my father would go into some sort of meltdown mode whenever he saw a Utah plate. He seemed to believe that if you had one of those plates, all of the following were true:

1) You can't drive. Or at best, you drive like every road is a one lane dirt road.
2) You can't hunt. Or at best, you hunt like you drive (see 1) above).
3) You have 20 kids, and all of them are jammed in the back of that Ford under the camper shell.
4) You struggle with geography. Wyoming was not a northern county of Utah.

Funny- living in AZ all my adult life, I have spent copious time in Wyoming and Utah. Wonder what those folks think of me and my AZ plates :)
That was yellow plates for us here. If you ran into a yellow plate in the woods, you tried not to make eye contact. Undoubtedly they would need a ride, gas, knife, map or something.

But you can’t really tell them apart from the locals anymore. Having CO plates used to be like being from Canada.

It's the folks who think that 20 over is a rule (UT and CA). We raised our county roads to 70 and the Interstate to 80 mph, and they're still by you, and spraying the windshield with gravel, before you can get your finger up!!

Oh yeah, and you see them coming in your mirror for a mile in the left lane, but they have to cut back in front of you with less than a car length!!

Anyone who lives in a bubble that doesn't think the outside world impacts them. Their behavior has a shared "eyeroll" response from everyone else.

It's the folks who think that 20 over is a rule (UT and CA). We raised our county roads to 70 and the Interstate to 80 mph, and they're still by you, and spraying the windshield with gravel, before you can get your finger up!!

Oh yeah, and you see them coming in your mirror for a mile in the left lane, but they have to cut back in front of you with less than a car length!!
This^^^^
I'll just add they have no idea what solid double yellow lines are for.

To Pass very slowly and then cut in front you quickly.
I knew I would get one of these questions right.

I am a Tard. Have been for 47 years. I fit all of your definitions and more. I didn’t raise 12 more but I did raise 5 and now there are 12 more in the family. All qualify as Tards.

And no, there’s no spray for’em.

Someone who marches to the beat of their own drum, who takes the meaning of freedom and liberty literally. Usually unaware of what the rest of the world is doing, and doesn't care.

That little bit of warm backwashy liquid at the bottom of a bottle, that Utard. That fat kid in gym that smelled like grease, yep utard. That end of the the bacon that’s all fat and no meat? That’s utard. Anything you hate with hunting. That utard. You make a bad shot and an aminal gets away. That’s utard. That person that stays in the right lane even though they see it’s closed up ahead and then they try to merge in at the last moment? That utard. The people that wear white sunglasses, that’s utard. Sticker in the window? That’s utard. Marrying your sister. That’s utard. Using the word “run” when talking what gear you use? Yep utard. Using the word “stud” to describe anything. Utard. Every poacher in the history of poaching. Utard.

I’m sure I forgot some…

That little bit of warm backwashy liquid at the bottom of a bottle, that Utard. That fat kid in gym that smelled like grease, yep utard. That end of the the bacon that’s all fat and no meat? That’s utard. Anything you hate with hunting. That utard. You make a bad shot and an aminal gets away. That’s utard. That person that stays in the right lane even though they see it’s closed up ahead and then they try to merge in at the last moment? That utard. The people that wear white sunglasses, that’s utard. Sticker in the window? That’s utard. Marrying your sister. That’s utard. Using the word “run” when talking what gear you use? Yep utard. Using the word “stud” to describe anything. Utard. Every poacher in the history of poaching. Utard.

I’m sure I forgot some…
You did. Lack of knowledge on your part.

I’m sure I forgot some…
That's kind of what I meant. (See #12 above) but you filled in the blanks.

I’m proud I’m at the point where my phone doesn’t try to autocorrect the word utard.
The trick is being smarter than your phone, i.e., knowing enough to proofread before posting so you don't come across as an illiterate. Of course, one still needs to know how to spell & use proper grammar. ;)

A TARD signaling another TARD while out hunting
D4FE2364-873E-49B3-94DD-0841958162D8.png

This made me laugh out loud

Man, here comes Jack Moroni. I swear he's never been out of Provo. All he does is drink cough syrup and talk about snowboarding. What a Utard."

This made me laugh out loud

Man, here comes Jack Moroni. I swear he's never been out of Provo. All he does is drink cough syrup and talk about snowboarding. What a Utard."
No one ever told me that qualified. Thanks for broadening my understanding. I guess I need to get out more too.

You can have 2 wives in Utah, but only one beer on the bar at a time.

And it's 3.2........that's utarded.

You should do your homework.

Utah got rid of 3.2 beer a couple years ago.

And you can have unlimited wives.

Tard
“A person who has an intellectual disability (often used as a general term of abuse). Pronunciation. tard. /tärd/ /tɑrd/. Origin. 1980s shortening of retard.”

Tard
“A person who has an intellectual disability (often used as a general term of abuse). Pronunciation. tard. /tärd/ /tɑrd/. Origin. 1980s shortening of retard.”
That’s the medical definition. It has nothing to do with being from Utah. If it does, it’s an unfortunate coincidence.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom