When You Croak a Yote

hikenhunt

What do you do with a croaked yote ! I know some people get them mounted. Is a yotes pelt worth anything !

LAST EDITED ON Dec-24-09 AT 10:36AM (MST)[p] hikenhunt.... Croaked yote??? Pelts are not worth anything here in NM.. maybe $7.00. a Fur buyer usually visits Silver City N.M. once a year so local Trappers/Callers can take their haul down and sell them. They post a notice in Trapper & Predator caller rag.

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b33a67c6ce98490.jpg

Croak means to be dead - a croaked yote = a dead yote.

I'm just looking for something to fill the void between the end of hunting season and the start of shed hunting. Coyote hunting looks like it could be a lot of fun.

hikenhunt......I knew what you meant just never heard it said like that before "croak a yote"... once you start calling predators you will be hooked...guaranteed! Are there many yotes/bobs/foxes where you live?

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
4b33db0c7b1c9be6.jpg

Yea, I would say within 30 to 80 miles from me there should be a lot of yote country - I live in Northern Utah - I shoot a .270 Remington model 700.

then your pelt should be wort .75 cents lol

I usually just leave them. They are heavy and stink also full of fleas.

sometimes ill take a photo and sometimes i skin and split their tail and add salt. I then add them to the collection!

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom