Where's Winter???

P

Prism

No complaints, but what's up with the weather?

We're one day out from having Utah's driest December on record!

Equally weird is the lack of press and talk about it.

The Ski Resorts have enough Snow for Skiers!

That's all that matters!:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

It's not in Richfield Pris. A warm south west wind has been melting snow like a Canadian Chinook today. If this keeps up we'll be kicking up dust with the rear runners tomorrow.

DC

This is a crazy winter for sure . I work in the canyons along the front , and in 10 years of working up there I have never seen it like this . The ski resorts have some snow , but the skiers I have talked with said its pretty sad conditions .

It makes me wonder if I'll be watering my lawn come summer time or how much I'm going to get gouged on hay prices this year if the water situation is poor .

Meagan played soccer on grass today! I can't remember ever being able to play on grass the day before the new year! There's kids all over the neighborhood on scooters and skateboards wearing short sleeve t-shirts. Pretty crazy indeed!

It's always an adventure!!!

Im going up to my friends cabin tonight for new years. Its been a yearly tradition for the last 7 years, this will be the first year we can drive a truck to the cabin usually there is at least 5 feet of snow. Its a little odd not getting the snowmobiles ready to go.

Such an odd year for weather! it was so snowy and cold into summer this year and now this... ODD!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!

May we actually get some snow in the months to come as I do want to ride my sled this year at some point!

Given there isn't decent snow to ride sleds we took after some coyotes this AM on the Front of all places. Been seeing quite a few of them, however today the score was Coyotes 2 Hunters 0. I missed at 271 yds (shot it for 254 yds given extreme downhill angle). Maybe we'll get em Monday.

Coyote hunting last week in southern Utah desert, it looked and felt like spring. It was really green out there. Weird as hell!

Traditional >>>------->

I'm thinking it going to be a long summer.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

There's something wrong with hunting coyotes at 9000' in just a long sleeve shirt and allergies because of the sage. What a weird season. Animals are scattered from top to bottom.

I hope when it finally decides to snow that it's gradual because there's still a lot of game way up high that could get stranded if we got dumped on.

It should be a good winter for deer. They had great fat reserves going into the winter.

Lions and coyotes aren't chasing them in deep snow.

The deer don't need to dig or work hard for food.

The few deer we have are spred out and not grouped up as much.

I agree with prism, when it finally decides to snow I hope it's gradual.

It is a weird winter for sure. Signs of the time? I doubt it's global warming.

Hope for some good moisture to come.

Happy New Year everyone.

A huge difference from last year , thats for sure. Last year it was a 10 mile snow mobile ride to get up to the cabin. When we got there, there was a twelve foot powder snow dift in front of the gate. Couldn't get the snow mobiles threw it. Couldn't even swim up the hill.It was 21 below and had to head down the mountain to get a room.
This year I was able to drive my truck up ! Its was 45 degrees when we left yesterday in short sleeve shirts. We where at 9200 feet. There was about two feet of snow behind the cabin and in the shade.
1581img_0563.jpg

If we have a late, cold, wet Spring the fawns will do poorly.

It seems that's what happens when the snow comes late.....and stays late.

Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom