Which colorado unit?

chunter

I am a non resident and have 3 points for deer. Which one of these units would you recommend 40, 68 and 70 third seasons and why? I know I am still a year or two away but just want to get a head start. What is public access on these units like? I really want to chase at least 170 inch with the potential of bigger. Or if there are any other units I might be looking over that I could draw and have good success. Thanks

I would go to unit 70, if you are looking for 170+ inches. I have seen them there...

Friend used to live in 68, not very many nice bucks there....

Unit 40 has allot of private and the BLM lands are near impossible to access.

unit 70 has a lot of private land mixed with BLM where the deer like to stage on 3rd season and can be tough to access. We had 3 tags this year and only one of us was able to connect on a 170+ buck. The unit can prove to be frustrating.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Thank you all for your replies. Anything on unit 68? Or maybe any other units. If you would rather pm me please do.

We had 3rd season unit 70 tags this year and it was a very disappointing hunt. There were people everywhere (lots of OTC elk hunters I think). We hunted 7 days and the biggest buck I saw was a 25 inch 3x4. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the deer in the unit - I've done better with leftover tags. I'm sure there are 170 class animals there, but we didn't turn any up in 7 days of hard hunting.

70 3rd has be a unit that up until the last few years was drawn on 2nd choice for residents, and did not get much attention until after 2007 when the winter kill hurt so many units. When this took place certain magazines had to find new units to send their followers to, with that being said 70 is a fun hunt but struggles to produce trophy deer on public land in relation to number of points it takes to draw. I will say any unit can produce a monster in CO.

Unit 68 doesn't have many good bucks in it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Unit 68 doesn't have many good
>bucks in it.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Lol, ok.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom