Whitetails in Utah?

C

Coonhunter557

New here but will be moving to Utah this summer and was wondering if there are any whitetails out there. Will be in the Roy area.
Thanks for any info

Coonhunter

There are some whitetails around northern Utah. A couple have been killed in Logan canyon and up by the Idaho border in Plymouth. Not enough to get excited about hunting them. I think there will be more and more each year as they spread out and populate. I personally jumped one while pheasant hunting in a small orchard in Willard last November. He was a 3x3 running with 5 muley does. Kind of a neat thing to run into while chasing pheasants.

yes Northern Utah has them. One was shot above Wellsville a few years ago and I've heard of a few along the Bear River bottoms in Cache and Box Elder.

This is an old thread, but there are definitely white tails in UT. I have seen them in Mt. Green(doe and 2 fawns), Middle fork WMA(Huge 8-pointer) in 2005, and 3(forker and 2 does) Near Logan Canyon. I have a friend that knows where a bunch are in Tremonton. I wouldn't mind shooting the buck i saw in Middle Fork WMA, he was a toad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom