Who wants a job?

Hmm. I work part time( summer firewatch) for a logging outfit on the East side of Comifornia.Good fallers are the tuffest SOB's I've ever been around. Hiking big mnts, carrying a lot of weight. Knew a guy in Chester that fell for Collins pine into his 70's. If they don't know what they are doing, they won't last. Injured or killed is more like it. Need your own insurance ( exspensive) because you will use it. Looks like a Husky in the vid? Most guys I know run Stihl. I've never seen a plastic hardhat in the woods? Would love to see and feel a couple of those giants hit the forest floor! Cmon all you citidiots, apply!

Have you all ever seen that show about loggers?
The reason I asked is watching these guys and the lack of safety was crazy. Do loggers have something called OSHA?

Would love to see and feel a couple of those giants hit the forest floor!
It's like a mini earthquake.

Johnny Walker.jpg

30 years in residential never saw an OSHA dude. Pretty sure they hung out with the Union guys, more breaks, better snacks

Hmm. I work part time( summer firewatch) for a logging outfit on the East side of Comifornia.Good fallers are the tuffest SOB's I've ever been around. Hiking big mnts, carrying a lot of weight. Knew a guy in Chester that fell for Collins pine into his 70's. If they don't know what they are doing, they won't last. Injured or killed is more like it. Need your own insurance ( exspensive) because you will use it. Looks like a Husky in the vid? Most guys I know run Stihl. I've never seen a plastic hardhat in the woods? Would love to see and feel a couple of those giants hit the forest floor! Cmon all you citidiots, apply!
Pretty good log cutters don't last long! I cut road ROW on contract once in a while. Idaho has a state safety inspector and if there is an accident REPORTED, OSHA investigates.

You Mean To tell Me They Show Up In The Basin Once In A While But Not Out Your Way?

You Ever Bought A Power Tool That Didn't Have A Ground On The Power Cord?

They Shine Their Badge On That One & CHINA DGAF!

The Cordless Tools Save Some BS With The OSHA Crew!

MSHA Takes It A Step Further!

30 years in residential never saw an OSHA dude. Pretty sure they hung out with the Union guys, more breaks, better snacks

Have you all ever seen that show about loggers?
The reason I asked is watching these guys and the lack of safety was crazy. Do loggers have something called OSHA?
If any place in the world was gonna have OSHA regs. apply in a logging operation it would be in California where the guys looking for fallers. I'm a little surprised they're allowed to cut a tree. Definitely must be private ground/timber company.

There is pretty much two kind of fallers. The good ones and the dead ones. I've known both. Tough gig-- tougher work. The good ones love it and wouldn't do anything else.

I wish him well but in this " Handout Society" we're currently in I'd be surprised if anyone even applies.

Dont think the OSHA guys could find the jobsite.
I live under the OSHA and other regs. Can't lift over 50 lbs or 1/3 body weight so 50 lbs is my limit. As long as I lift properly it is a breeze to stay back-healthy. My strength has dropped so putting back some lean muscle mass is imperative. It can be done after 65 even.

If any place in the world was gonna have OSHA regs. apply in a logging operation it would be in California where the guys looking for fallers. I'm a little surprised they're allowed to cut a tree. Definitely must be private ground/timber company.

There is pretty much two kind of fallers. The good ones and the dead ones. I've known both. Tough gig-- tougher work. The good ones love it and wouldn't do anything else.

I wish him well but in this " Handout Society" we're currently in I'd be surprised if anyone even applies
Those fallers are some extreme workers for sure. The everyday danger is crazy for sure but like you said people that do that job just love it

Pink Floyd is chiming in my head..."Money"...wonder if the wages have gone up any in the last 30 years..:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom