Wife Wants To Go On Hunt...

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My wife has finally agreed to go on a hunt with me. I've been bugging her for years to go with me. I always figured she never would but the other day she said she would like to. She is not in great shape and this would be her first ever hunting experience. I'd like to do something that would not be too difficult on her regarding really cold weather and/or steep country. Have any of you been in my same situation with their wife/girlfriend? Advice? Thinking an antelope hunt but don't really want to drive all the way to WY for just a goat hunt. Plus, we'll have other kids at home so I don't have more than 5 days to be gone really.

...and no, BESS, you can't come. :)

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

If you want to really keep her happy, I would reconsider the drive to Wyoming for a speed goat hunt. That way she can go out with you in the pickup and help you spot and watch as you make your stalk.
Also plan on taking a RV trailer or go the motel route for her comfort. My wife went with me on many hunts to Wyoming and loved doing it. We ended up calling her spotter as she could pick out those white butts of antelope miles away. She was also very good on helping with the skinning chores.
If you do not want her going in the future, just pick a steep terrain deer hunt and tent camp it and you can listen to the
b!tching for the entire hunt and end having many of your dinners burnt as a means of getting even with you.

RELH

Hey Wisz!

I don't like that Idea at all!}>!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Stevo....take her on a guided pig hunt close to home? They can usually accommodate just about anyone's physical abilities and it will be a nice short trip to see if she really likes it without spending 4 days on the road.....Good luck.

A pig hunt had been thought of but just not digging the whole guide thing. I'd really like it to be just her and I. Plus, one of the great things about hunting deer or antelope is their beauty. I think the heartiness and looks of a pig, not to mention smell, may not give the same feeling if you know what I mean.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

....then quit whining about the drive and get on the road to Wyoming...suggest some road head

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

I wasn't gonna say it, Zigger, buuuuuuut......

JUDAS!

Just might be the Next MM Celebrity Huntin Flick!:D

So Please do get Footage!:D

>....then quit whining about the drive
>and get on the road
>to Wyoming...suggest some road head
>
>
>"As democracy is perfected, the office
>of the President represents, more
>and more closely, the inner
>soul of the people.
>On some great and glorious
>day, the plain folks of
>the land will reach their
>heart's desire at last and
>the White House will be
>occupied by a downright fool
>and complete narcissistic moron."
>- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore
>Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
>

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Well it's Wiz after all

2311idiot.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-14 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]Road hunt blacktails up here in the B zones. Be one of the other 35,000+.

Eel

Edit: Around Shelter Cove is good, if you can find a place to stay.

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Can she get a tag and hunt also? Either way you'd better find out what her idea of hunting is. My wife loves to hunt, but for her that means road hunting or sitting down and waiting somewhere. Total opposite of what I like. But when she has a tag I'm learning to do what she wants so she will enjoy doing it her way. I don't want to ruin it for her and have her give it up. She only gets to go every few years anyway.

Well Wiz should get his hammer, tape and saw and go build a place there like another highly esteemed MM member did... Just sayin

2311idiot.jpg

I would think that a Wy Family hunt for Lopes might fit the circumstance very well. There is the possibility of a upcoming hunt providing motivation to work out, get good grades, chores done around the house,.. :)

Time to get her and whoever else in a Hunters Ed program. If they can't hack or are not interested in the class, maybe they probably shouldn't be hunting.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You guys took my "not in great shape" comment out of context. I meant that she doesn't consistently work out and would not be able to navigate a mountain even close to what the most of us could. I would never say that about someone I love. It would be the same as saying that her hair is scraggly and her face is too oily. I'd NEVER say that. LOL

Edit: I know several of you have seen a pic of my wife and she is beautiful. BESS?

STEVE, I THINK YOU MUST LIKE THE ATTENTION AFTER POSTING THAT,YOU HAD TO NO YOU WERE GOING TO GET HAMMERED...I LIKE THE ROAD HEAD SUGGESTION MYSELF...RAS

Good answer Wisz. That's what I would say too if my wife was looking over my shoulder.:)

overton, do you have a hammer I can borrow?

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Hey Wisz?

I never said She was Beautiful!

I said She was Hot!:D

>You guys took my "not in
>great shape" comment out of
>context. I meant that she
>doesn't consistently work out and
>would not be able to
>navigate a mountain even close
>to what the most of
>us could. I would never
>say that about someone I
>love. It would be the
>same as saying that her
>hair is scraggly and her
>face is too oily. I'd
>NEVER say that. LOL
>
>Edit: I know several of you
>have seen a pic of
>my wife and she is
>beautiful. BESS?
>
>Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good
>health for granted because it
>can be gone in a
>heartbeat. Please go back and
>read the last line. This
>time really understand what it
>says.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom