Would you? (pics/Video)

browtine

Super Moderator
I filmed this buck on Camp Williams a few times. Once in a while he jumps the fence and on to private ground. This buck isn't spooked by vehicles and will let you drive right past him without moving. With only two tags left in the state, Gov/Sportsman, would you kill this buck? I know both tag holders know about this deer. What do you think? Is he big enough, wild enough, worth punching the tag on?

2372img8287.jpg

371211707840101530779153726802826419602526171533o.jpg

Super neat buck, but no I would keep looking if I had a Governor type tag. Great mass, eye guards, height, and incredible back end. Just weak on the front end and inside spread. Awesome deer though!

The Buck would look Good Atop a Mini-Van on a General Hunt!

But Governors/Sportsmans Tag?

HELL No!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

>punch a tag on him and
>they would be proud to
>call it hunting?
>don't think so....

hahahaha, so true.
Zeke

probably would, depends on what I had been seeing for typicals though. I'd want to shoot a 200" net typical if I had a gov tag but those are kinda rare :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>...that buck sure sounds challenging....no

So Homer?

You'd Rather let Him Walk?

Let's just say:

A Ford:You'd Rather Walk!

A Big Ole Tame Pet Buck:You'd Let/Make Him Walk!

:D:D:D!!!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Why use the statewide tag on this buck when you can just bait him off and kill him when nobody is watching on the general hunt? And then climb the fence into Camp Williams to collect him, of course...

If I had the statewide tag I would be hunting hundreds of miles away from Camp Williams, not on their fence line.

He's pretty impressive. Not sure if he's gov. tag big enough, but cool. Wild enough?? Probably. Probably just as wild as most bucks during the rut.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

I guess I'm going out on a limb here. While I'd much rather be hunting the Henry's for my Gov Tag buck, this late in the year, I'm not sure I'd be passing up a buck like this.

I think he has a 170" main frame, even with the short Main beams. And I'm looking at about 50" of extras. So would I pass a 220" buck up, never in a million years.

Would I rather be after a giant typical on the Henry's, or a whopper 35" buck on the same..?? Yes, absolutely. And almost every buck will let you get close this time of year. OR I should say, a month ago...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

hate to be the one to say it but thanks, now everyone will be looking for this buck and he'll probably get poached just like the rabi buck.....

What you don't think your local poachers don't know about him already.
If he was on private land chasing does and I had a tag, I wouldn't think twice because I wouldn't know he was a local tame buck, I would love to draw a Henry's tag and hunt there, BUT I could win the lottery too and hunt anywhere too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-15 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]Dallan, its a double edge sword man. This buck is all over social media, instagram, Facebook, twitter, texts and several hunting sites. A lot of photographers are publishing photos of him. I'd be surprised if this is the first time you've seen him... right? At least now if someone does poach him, they can't post hero pics. I see what your saying, but I doubt showing photos of camp williams deer will get them killed. Also, I think the Rabbi buck was only caught because his photos were out there. If know one knew about that buck, and was watching him, we'd have no idea that there was a potential that buck was killed on a military base.

At 1:03 of that video, that buck was looking through my soul!

He's a really good buck but like mentioned before...if I knew he was a yard buck, I wouldn't shoot him. Maybe I would if put in the situation....who knows. If he was fully wild, I'd shoot him with no reservations. Will never happen cuz I don't have ooooodles of $$ to throw down on a tag like that.

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-15 AT 09:00PM (MST)[p]definitely not the first ive seen of him but this is the first that ive heard of someone saying where he is almost to a t. its just one of those things I guess. basically I just want to watch this buck grow each year instead of getting more and more pressure or until he makes that fatal mistake and jumps the fence or someone poaches him. And thanks for the congrats on my bull

Here is a road kill cactus buck from 2013 that lived by Camp Williams. They have some similarities.

1849img1308.jpg

1265img1307.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom