Wy. antelope unit 90

sourkraut

Hello guys and ladies, couple of old timers (77 and 78)decided to use our points and drew unit 90. I've been on this site for a number of years and have received some good info in the past and hoping some of you can help out once again. Open to any and all information and suggestions you may provide. More than likely our last antelope hunt and hope to have a successful hunt. Thank you. Regards Sourkraut

Don't know as you will need much intel on 90. Antelope throughout the unit. Even at the FS boundary. More private to work around the further North you go. You can easily scope out the whole unit in a day to find the best action. You should have little trouble finding bucks. I would focus South but all has good populations of goats.

Sourkraut,
As mulecreek stated, you will get your bucks, so I'd focus on defining what "a successful hunt" means. If I thought an antelope hunt was going to be my last, success would include spending as much time as I could, just looking over the country and the bucks it holds. I'd also avoid the opening weekend crowd and chaos and not try to beat everyone else to the "best" buck in the unit.
A quality "successful" antelope hunt for me would include glassing lots of bucks and maybe even holding off hunting until later in September when the bucks start rutting. I'd try to find high spots to glass from and then choose really good bucks to try to sneak in on.
My favorite antelope hunt was just like that! It took place several years ago with my son. We loaded our truck with all our gear and a tent and then looked over bucks all day for several days. When the sun started to set, we would pitch the tent, cook dinner and hit the sack. The next day we would get up, have breakfast, pack up and head out again until nightfall. "Nomad hunting" Success for us was a great time, a book buck for my son and a memory we still talk about.

So if any of that appeals to you, give it a go and best of luck to you old farts! :D :)

(I'm only a few years behind you)!

Sourkraut,
As mulecreek stated, you will get your bucks, so I'd focus on defining what "a successful hunt" means. If I thought an antelope hunt was going to be my last, success would include spending as much time as I could, just looking over the country and the bucks it holds. I'd also avoid the opening weekend crowd and chaos and not try to beat everyone else to the "best" buck in the unit.
A quality "successful" antelope hunt for me would include glassing lots of bucks and maybe even holding off hunting until later in September when the bucks start rutting. I'd try to find high spots to glass from and then choose really good bucks to try to sneak in on.
My favorite antelope hunt was just like that! It took place several years ago with my son. We loaded our truck with all our gear and a tent and then looked over bucks all day for several days. When the sun started to set, we would pitch the tent, cook dinner and hit the sack. The next day we would get up, have breakfast, pack up and head out again until nightfall. "Nomad hunting" Success for us was a great time, a book buck for my son and a memory we still talk about.

So if any of that appeals to you, give it a go and best of luck to you old farts! :0 :)

(I'm only a few years behind you)!

I drew this tag this year hopefully you had a good hunt. I’m looking to head up scouting and was wonder what the roads were like if a truck will do the job or if you recommend a 4wheeler

The first four days of the season, over the weekend will be a circus. LOTS of people!! I would focus more from the 15-25th, and have a more enjoyable hunt, and have the rut to help locate some bucks cruising around.

I also drew this tag for 2020, any advice on good lodging spots?
It would be nice to avoid the wall tent on this one if the unit is small
enough to easily cover. Thanks in advance!
Tim

There is a little motel and restaurant in Boulder, WY or you can go up the road another 12 miles and stay in Pinedale that has several motels and dining options. There is the Sand Draw Inn at the intersection of US 191 and WY Hwy 351 but don't know if they are still open since gas drilling operations went under.

There is a little motel and restaurant in Boulder, WY or you can go up the road another 12 miles and stay in Pinedale that has several motels and dining options. There is the Sand Draw Inn at the intersection of US 191 and WY Hwy 351 but don't know if they are still open since gas drilling operations went under.

Thank you!!

The division official in Pinedale was helpful to us years ago. We went 2 1/2 weeks into the season an never seen a sole. Seen over 100 bucks in two days. I killed a 80 1/2” goat and seen two others that were similar. My brother killed a 73” goat after missing a few nicer ones. Fun hunt but my information is dated. Good luck.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom