Wyoming Archery Antelope Tags

You can't buy them "over the counter" as in unlimited tag numbers, however, there are a few type 9 tags that go undersubscribed and you can buy them when they go on sale (I think in July). Or, picking up a leftover rifle tag allows you to hunt the archery season as long as there is no archery only tag in that unit. Many of these leftover tags have private land issues so beware. As far as landowner tags, no.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-12 AT 07:02AM (MST)[p]To expand on the previous post a little, there are a few A/O type 9 tags in the draws, but basically the vast majority have a Type 1 license that you have to apply for and that season allows the use of any legal weapon. If you put in for the draw and get that tag, youcan then buy a $30 NR archery permit to also hunt that entire archery season that starts in August or September depending on the unit. There will be licenses left in a number of units after the draw results, which are now available on the G&F website. Those tags go on sale online on 7/10 and the doe tags on 7/17 on a first-come first-serve basis. Landowner tags in Wyoming are not transferrable or saleable like in some other states. If you have any other questions, just fire away and somebody should know the answer or where to find out.

Thank you for the responses! I am looking for a archery antelope hunt close to Casper WY. in early August. Is there an archery hunt during that time?

I haven't looked at those areas, but the bowhunt usually runs about two weeks ahead of the rifle. In many areas that would be August 15. I would be surprised if there were any earlier.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-19-12 AT 06:00PM (MST)[p]They can run anywhere from a couple weeks to over a month depending on what unit it is. Click on the link below and go down through the different animals to see what the regular season is for the unit you want to hunt. Then go all the way to the bottom of the list of all the unit and there will be a special archery section showing what dates each unit is open for archery with a $30 NR permit.

http://wgfd.wyo.gov/Web2011/HUNTING-1000179.aspx

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom