Wyoming elk hunt

seeleymt

Looking at doing a elk hunt with my daughter and son-in-law next year in Wyoming. They both have 13 pre points each I would just go along for the hunt not enough points for me. What would be any suggestions anyone would have as this will be a once in lifetime for both of them./
Thanks for any suggestions

I had a deer tag and cow tag this year in what would be elk unit 7. I could have shot 3 differant bulls on 3 separate occasions; 2 less than 50 yards. More elk than deer up there. We were hunting within an hour drive south of Douglas.

Didn't think there was much public land in 7 that's why I wasn't really looking at it very hard. Did you run into many other hunters?

Be sure they only have 13 and not 14. if they had 14 it opens up a WHOLE NEW WORLD OF POSSIBILITES .

If they have 13 the options are far less exciting but still good. if using an outfitter is an option it opens up a lot of doors for a non resident.

Didn't think there was much public land in 7 that's why I wasn't really looking at it very hard. Did you run into many other hunters?

7 is big. It starts about 20 miles north of Laramie and is basically bordered to the east and north by rt 25. From what I heard and saw, it is a circus up and around Esterbrook and Laramie Peak. We hunted west of there. There's hunters but we avoid them. If you stay away from trailheads and campgrounds you can get away from people. The biggest thing is to spend a some time before season and scout. Find the places without four wheelers, camp sites and easy access. We hunted antelope for 3 days in the Shirley Basin for antelope and deer/cow hunted for another 7+ days. I dont think we ever ran into another hunter out in the field. Maybe saw a few guys way off in the distance but there is plenty of opportunity to get away from people but you gotta be willing to put some miles on.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom