wyoming elk limited public access

36moose

i am researching some units and see that the 2011 regulation booklet has unit 25 -27 marked as difficult public access. the unit is 81% public and looking at the maps it does not look to have the large chunks of landlocked public. it is not marked with an * on the reduced price cow calf units. is it a typo or am i not seeing something. thought maybe a few have hunted this area before thanks.

The * is for Unit 25 and not 27. So between Lander and Hudson there must be some private land out there is my guess. There are blocks of STATE LAND mixed in between the BLM so maybe that is why the *.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

between lander and hudson is alot of res. but I thought these units where between south pass and farson? don't have regs in front of me I may be wrong?? over on big sandy and toward atlantic city

Are you a Wyomingite or nonres. ? Watch your amount of wilderness lands that you can't hunt alone if you are a nonresident. I was amazed when I backpacked around the other end of the Winds Range this past summer. The outfitters had vacated camps in the area of Forest land that was outside the Wilderness area so also consider there may be outfitters and "dudes" making racket in your huntable area so they keep "their" area quiet and fairly undisturbed. I know all outfitters don't do this but it happens so .........

Pat C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom