X-5B

Thanks,that means i will be waiting awhile,only have 3.Did you do any good with your tag?where abouts did you hunt or going to hunt?

The season doesn't start until Oct. 4th, I am going up to scout in September. I will post a report after the season.

Hey thanks for the input guys,yea hope you post your results i need all the help i can get when i draw..............

I went scouting today up there, got off to a late start. Did quite a bit of hiking....temp in the mid 90's. To hot to see anything moving around.

Yea,to darn hot.I know you know this,is there water near by.Mule Deer only travel about a mile or so to water.

It doesn't take any points if you're from So. Cal! There arn't any deer in 5B anyway, none! Burn your tags if you have'em!
Norkal

Larry, You gonna give Clint a call? He's leaving for his Colo elk Thurs i believe. I know that if i were hunting that zone and he was willing, like he is with you, i'd sure talk to him!

You must be getting close to your Hoback trip eh? Hope you stone a monster!

You guys that think x5b is a cakewalk big buck zone got another thing coming. Yeah, there's "some" big bucks there but they're few and far between with lots of room for hitten blanks. Some dandys are going to get kilt, some hunters are going to be big-time disappointed. Just how it is!

I wish you all good luck!
Joey

You guys that think x5b is a cakewalk big buck zone got another thing coming. Yeah, there's "some" big bucks there but they're few and far between with lots of room for hitten blanks. Some dandys are going to get kilt, some hunters are going to be big-time disappointed. Just how it is!

he's right!!
seen very little sigh's of deer while antelope hunting even at water holes true I was hunting antelope but being a deer hunter I was looking...!
sure hope it cools down.....
rm

Joey,

I gave your buddy a call this morning, he helped by reinforcing one of the main areas we were looking at and moved another down the list. Thanks for hooking me up, he is a great guy.

Larry

Larry, Clint is a pretty modest type of guy and not being part of the conversation, i'm guessing that he held back some of his best advice until he warms up a bit. Now that you have touched bases, it might pay to call him again later before your hunt. He, like me, loves talking hunting, i'm sure he would like that, and he does know that area...well!

Good luck this season Larrbo, think MONSTER!...and hope to see you post some pic's on your return??

Joey

Spend alot of time in that unit chukar during the deer rut. Some years I'm lucky to see more than 1-2 4X4s, have also seen bucks as good as you'll find anywhere. Know good local hunters that have eaten tag soup too.

Yea can't make up my mind on to go for X-5B or X-9A.Hunted X-9A couple times some good bucks in that unit also but you get a lot of people from LA put in for it.Just don't know????????????

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom