Yikes - Beef Prices

grizzly

Long Time Member
20211211_173906.jpg

What I see as a huge waste of money is the prime tenderloin for $25 a pound. They are over-rated by almost every chef and restauranteur. Tender to the point of mushy, and nowhere near as flavorful as a decent ribeye or NŸ Strip.

That is not a terrible price for prime boneless ribeye from Sam's. The quality and taste are excellent. They are actually trimmed very well, have minimal juice in the package, and little waste. Compare the numbers of meals with restaurant price.

I have been buying the whole prime top sirloins for $6-7/lb. Cooked 4-6 hours at 200 degrees to internal temp of 128-130 they are amazing! Great taste, fork tender, and many differing cuts and meals. I got some whole prime briskets for $4/lb. I don't have room for another package of meat in the freezer!!

“What I see as a huge waste of money is the prime tenderloin for $25 a pound. They are over-rated by almost every chef and restauranteur. Tender to the point of mushy, and nowhere near as flavorful as a decent ribeye or NŸ Strip”

Yep, I’d rather eat cubed round steak than tasteless tenderloin........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom