2013 CH Draw Results Posted

Yep, I offically struck out as well.

"Sorry, this license number was not drawn for a controlled hunt."

The back door originally showed me with just an extra WT doe tag, but the official site improved that with an extra cow elk also! Finest kind meat in the freezer.

>The back door originally showed me
>with just an extra WT
>doe tag, but the official
>site improved that with an
>extra cow elk also! Finest
>kind meat in the freezer.
>
Same here, back door showed my mom with nothing, but just found out she got the 29 bull tag woohoo!1

My son and I drew Bull Elk tags in unit 31. Only took me 21 years to get it. I am really looking forward to this one!

I put in for one of the trophy species and drew a blank so in this drawing I could only apply for unlimited or extra tags.

I did not get the extra WT doe tag that I put in for. It used to be a sure thing but the number of people putting in for that has doubled in the last 3 years.

I drew my second choice for extra cow elk, in unit 54-2X. We'll see how that goes.

Looking forward to the second drawing. Last year the only tags I drew were in the second drawing.

>Looking forward to the second drawing.
> Last year the only
>tags I drew were in
>the second drawing.

That's impressive, those are some pretty mean odds.

After 17 years of trying finally drew my first rifle antelope tag. Struck out on Deer and Elk, so will be hunting general for them. Congrats to all who drew, and good luck this fall!

It's strange that you can actually buy your controlled hunt tag through the on-line vendor after the backdoor has opened and have it in your hands before the "official" results are posted. Wonder why there is such a lag...

Horniac

Have any of you guys who've drawn in the past sent a check or money order instead of paying the convenience fee? Anything special in going that route?

I get to hunt antelope with Blank and Weasel! I'm not sure how well my Knight will tolerate a bullet with no sabot, tho.....

Drew 39-1 the early buck hunt and 40-1 for antelope.

I am convinced group hunts get pulled first. For 15 years I put in by myself never drew anything(cept a super tag :)). Since I have been putting in on party tags with my son the last 4 years I have drawn something almost every year.....go figure.

me & my 2 sons & wife put in for 6 years in a row as 2 & 4 per app & never drew crap...the 4 of us have been putting in seperate for the last 7 years & still No Tags & we have applied for both 1st & 2nd draws !! that SUCKS for us

Nothing for me.

It's always funny to watch the bonus point system debate that starts up again right after draw results come out

Some seem lucky and some seem unlucky, but the longer you play the closer to the "odd's" you seem to get. It's how Vegas makes their $$, it's just math.

That said, the math is getting harder every year with many hunts that averaged ~10% annually now down around 5%. It's true everywhere though, for hunts that are desireable.

Good luck to all those that drew in finding your dream critter and good luck to all those that didn't draw in finding one better than those that did draw!

Yeah one thing i've noticed is the debate gets less every year,as people get sucked into points in other states, and still can't draw what they want. Idaho take it or leave it, still has the fairest system. I.M.H.O.!!

>Yeah one thing i've noticed is
>the debate gets less every
>year,as people get sucked into
>points in other states, and
>still can't draw what they
>want. Idaho take it or
>leave it, still has the
>fairest system. I.M.H.O.!!

Totally agree. Check out the issues that Wyoming is having with point creep. I'll keep the system we have now. Haven't drawn in11 yrs but I wouldn't trade it.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-13 AT 03:36PM (MST)[p]yeah there is no free lunch.

I played the point game for 12 years in other states. Still almost impossible to draw the best hunts unless you have some luck and then when you do its in a year where the temperature is in the 90's all the way through october....or it's the year they decide to institute an either sex youth hunt and add 250 tags to the 25 tags for the trophy hunt, or it is the year they double the price for tags...yeah points are a bit of bs as well there is no guarantee.

By the time you draw a tag after 12 years of putting in you may have paid $1000. for the points and you still have to buy the non resident tag and license fee.....it adds up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom