2022 application excitement thread!

mevertsen

Very Active Member
Well, my daughter is in for all her apps.

She even applied for archery antelope for her second choice in our local unit.

Last year she can do junior deer.

Late cow with 4 points? We'll see.

Desert bighorn with 5 points and California bighorn for the long shot.

Points for bull and bear.

Good luck all!

Well if she gets the archery lope tag buy her a Lottery ticket fuel prices are going to keep tags close to home. I was hoping to draw that unit rifle but still about a point sigh.

Would love to draw a cow tag with 5 points. I only have 4 points for bull but I will put in for it anyway (along with everything else). Can't win if you don't play :)

Missed last year applying due to unforseen life moments. Went to apply this year & all my 14 points for deer, elk & antelope are gone. Regs say 2 years consecutive missed you lose your points. Called fish & game & they said I missed 2 years which is BS!! I only missed last year & have receipts that show it. They said sorry can’t help. Done with Nevada they will never get another dime from me!!!

Last edited:
Just getting points this year for elk and deer. Putting all our eggs in drawing a decent WY mule deer zone.

Drew cow elk last year and got one. Took 4 attempts for me to draw when girlfriend drew 3 out of 4 times. Of course the 06's getting shrunk for anterless elk this coming year will put more pressure on the other zones.

Missed last year applying due to unforseen life moments. Went to apply this year & all my 14 points for deer, elk & antelope are gone. Regs say 2 years consecutive missed you lose your points. Called fish & game & they said I missed 2 years which is BS!! I only missed last year & have receipts that show it. They said sorry can’t help. Done with Nevada they will never get another dime from me!!!
Something doesn't add up? You either missed two years like they say or they screwed up on their end. With as much as you have invested I’d throw a much bigger fit…especially if you have receipts, e-mails, cc statements to back you up.

Did you buy a hunting license in 20?

If you don't buy a license and don't draw, you don't accrue points.

Something doesn't add up? You either missed two years like they say or they screwed up on their end. With as much as you have invested I’d throw a much bigger fit…especially if you have receipts, e-mails, cc statements to back you up.
Definitely on there end!! Not going to sit & argue on the phone with them, to be told there is nothing they can do. It shouldn’t matter how many years I missed, they’re my points regardless I paid for them. Screw Nevada not giving another dime ever!!

He’s going around to all the forums with this story. If you’ve got receipts they’ll fix it. It makes for a great story but there’s certainly more to it then what’s being said.

He’s going around to all the forums with this story. If you’ve got receipts they’ll fix it. It makes for a great story but there’s certainly more to it then what’s being said.
I‘ve got receipts & they won’t fix it!! been on the phone with them twice. Glad your an authority though. Not going around to all forums either. Posted on this one & another. Ohh I guess 2 are all forums in your mind. Hope it never happens to you cuz it will make a great story. There is nothing more to it than what I’ve said, but like I said your the authority who knows it all. Why don’t you stick to the Dakotas mouth piece.

I put in for all species, why not. I don’t have a lot of points but I guess it can’t hurt to try. I assume it’s slightly possible to draw a tag with less points? Anyone know the truth in that? Is it random or do they intentionally give tags to those with higher points?

Is it random or do they intentionally give tags to those with higher points?

The draw itself is randomized so you can draw a tag with zero bonus points. Each application is assigned a random number from 1 to something huge like 10 million or so. The applicant with the lowest number for any given species will draw that tag.

Having points gives you the option for your name to be dropped into the hat again, so to speak, thereby giving you more chances to draw a lower number with each subsequent 'roll of the die'.

The draw itself is randomized so you can draw a tag with zero bonus points. Each application is assigned a random number from 1 to something huge like 10 million or so. The applicant with the lowest number for any given species will draw that tag.

Having points gives you the option for your name to be dropped into the hat again, so to speak, thereby giving you more chances to draw a lower number with each subsequent 'roll of the die'.
Thanks. How do you even find that kind of information?

Last edited:
I‘ve got receipts & they won’t fix it!! been on the phone with them twice. Glad your an authority though. Not going around to all forums either. Posted on this one & another. Ohh I guess 2 are all forums in your mind. Hope it never happens to you cuz it will make a great story. There is nothing more to it than what I’ve said, but like I said your the authority who knows it all. Why don’t you stick to the Dakotas mouth piece.
As far as I know, you've had to apply online for the last few years.

So if you applied, it will be in your account. You can look back through and see all your transactions under applications and points on Kalkomey website.

Show us a screenshot?

Apply for area 26 :ROFLMAO:
Dang it doz, you're trying to give away my wife's bull tag this year in 26!! Everyone, I did no fact checking on this, but my phone blew up last September with these pics of a gal from Overton taking this bull in area 26. Maddog58-stay away from 26! LOL. Good luck to all of you this year and congrats to this gal on a great Nevada bull!!

IMG_8620.jpg

IMG_8528 (2).jpg

Dang it doz, you're trying to give away my wife's bull tag this year in 26!! Everyone, I did no fact checking on this, but my phone blew up last September with these pics of a gal from Overton taking this bull in area 26. Maddog58-stay away from 26! LOL. Good luck to all of you this year and congrats to this gal on a great Nevada bull!!

View attachment 72337

View attachment 72338

You are on the Nevada forum, not Utah. There are way too many people in that picture to be in Nevada.

Goinhuntn, when I had to turn my elk tag in due to covid, the ladies who helped get my points/money back were magnificent. By far the best experience I have ever had dealing with a FnG department. Post up those receipts you claim to have.....

I've drawn bow deer and bow antelope twice each over the years so I'm saving those point pools for when I get too old and worn out to chase elk and sheep.

Double Digit's on Sheep and Elk so maybe- maybe not----> dang it.

Robb

I still don't get bonus point data. On the stats sheet it'll say DRAW RATE 30% but under bonus point data it'll say 190 "unique applicants" for 15 available tags which equates to 12%. I find bonus point data extremely confusing.

It's all about rolling a low number though. Roll a high number and you're screwed.

The draw rate accounts for 1st choice applicants divided I the number of tags.

Which is a greater number than what the bonus point data suggests.

All the explanations are at the bottom of the stats sheet.

It's nearly impossible to decode because we don't know what everyone's other choices were and in what sequence or combination, or what each person's draw number was.

That is absolutely horrible!!! Really sorry to hear that. I don’t blame you at all for being pissed.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom