3rd, 4th, 5th choices?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
My plan is to get drawn for the area 10 ML hunt. Rifle is my second choice. I thought I had 7 points but turns out I didnt get any points for 2003 or 04. I have researched no other areas because I was a 93% chance to draw. What are some other areas that have plenty of deer and public land that I could possibly draw as a 3rd, 4th or 5th choice? Also, would they be worth buring points on? Any help would be great.

Steve

You could draw an Area 10 early season RIFLE deer as your 5th choice, we did as a group in 2005.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

Unless you put in for Archery hunts, there are probablly not any muzzleloader or erly rifle hunts that are easier to draw than area 10. If it were me, I'd put those two as my 4th and 5th choices and put some of the "better" units/seasons in the first 3 slots. It would not decrease your odds of drawing area 10 muzzy or early at all.

I agree ,
put in that unit 10 muzzleloader tag one of your last picks, #5
use your other 4 choices for hard to draw late hunts,
such as rifle late 033,194-196.
late 81 other late muzz tags. 15,21
late rifle 061, 231,241 late 071-79

you will draw that muzz 10 hunt with points...
Good luck

Thanks for the advice guys. I'd have put the area 10 as first and second choice. Didnt know that first choice is the same chances as the 5th choice. Thanks again!

Steve

Wiz, They beat me to it. Once they draw your random draw number, they go through all your choices before they move on to mine. Go for the best early and what you'll settle for later. My problem is as I accrue points, what I will settle for keeps getting harder to draw.

GOOD LUCK, and if you draw 10, PM me.

Points just give you a better chance to draw a low number. If you have 17 points and all 290 of your random numbers are higher than everyone else, you still ain't gonna draw. If you have zero points and get number 1, you're going hunting on your first choice. I think NV has the best possible system. Everybody has a chance to draw and it just gets better with time! It's still pretty tough to swallow when you have 15 sheep points and a guy with 3 points draws your tag.

I think draws in general are frustrating. Also, needing to keep each states system in your mind and how it is different from the other states draws is even harder. It really effects what hunts to put in for and what hunts not to put in for. Thanks for the help in setting me straight on the NV draw system. I appreciate it guys! Good luck in the draws!

Steve

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom