Another Easter prime rib...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...just out of the oven & now resting under a tent of foil. Will update with 'yum' photos tomorrow. I'm done on the 'puter for today.

before..

PRRoast.JPG

After...

PRRoast2.JPG

How long did you end up cooking it for? That big would be 6-8 hours for me, in my oven!!

Here we go with the "yum' shots...

A perfect 'rare' just like we like it...

PRRoast3.JPG

PRRoast4.JPG

The spread is ready...some cocktail shrimp, the meat, my 'half-baked' taters, a zucchini/carrot medley, roasted brussel sprouts with garlic, onions & bacon & au jus.

PRRoast5.JPG

Add a glass of wine & it's time to eat...

PRRoast6.JPG

PRRoast7.JPG

Those prime rib really look great.

You guys don’t have a problem buying them when they are available and freezing them until you get a chance to cook them?

I usually buy them as full 7 bone roasts, which will weigh between 18-20#. Cut one into 3-6 pounders, and cut another into 1# rib steaks. Then vacuum pack them all, and good for the rest of the year. They keep really well

Those prime rib really look great.

You guys don’t have a problem buying them when they are available and freezing them until you get a chance to cook them?
I normally do the same as Blank, but this time I cooked the entire 22 lb. roast even thought there was only two of us eating.

Yesterday, I cut up the rest for the freezer. Wound up with 12 thick meat slabs, 2 bone gnawing meals & 4 sandwich size packs of scraps from the ends to be used for French dips. That's a bunch of choice meals for $110.

I still have 1/2 of one in the freezer from an earlier sale.

I looked for them today at Sams and Kroger but they didn’t have any. I think I was too late, I should have looked before Easter.

I looked for them today at Sams and Kroger but they didn’t have any. I think I was too late, I should have looked before Easter.
Fry's here, which is owned by Kroger's, had them for $5.97 lb. The digital deal at Safeway/Albertson's was $1 less per lb. Still on sale until tomorrow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom