ANYONE KNOW FARRAR'S?

huntinguy

Just saw a video of Heather Farrar's 2010 Utah deer hunt. Doyle also labels her as a Mossback Pro Staffer. Obviously the Heather and Will have a $hit pot of money to buy dozens of big game hunts throughtout the west and book all these hunts with Mossback for the last several years. Anyone know their story/background?

What about WD Martin's story? Saw his article on his Henry's Mtn 2010 buck that he took in Muley Crazy. He said it was once in a lifetime for him which made me chuckle.

Look I'm not trying to say these two groups aren't really "hunting" as I've hunted with Mossback once and it was great. Probably wont ever again not because it wasnt worth it but because I truly like diy hunts. More power to them that go with guides though as they are the ones that usually have worked really hard in their careers and sacrificed a lot. If anything I truly admire their passion.

That being said in Heather's video I got the impression that "one more deer" didnt mean a whole hell of a lot in the scheme of things. She barely wanted to touch the horns.

What do you all think? Any info on these guys and gal?

Heather's video link:

I know what your saying about diy hunting. It kinda seems like some of these people that go guided end up being shooters and not hunters. I personally want the whole experience.
I may not take animals as big as the moss back crew. But I take a lot more out of the hunt with me then just a big set of horns.

Great buck heather! Congrats! Did you ever stop to think that maybe she didn't want to handle the antlers to much as they are in velvet and could easily be damaged. A great buck and awesome hunt!

The other time she hadn't unloaded her gun yet.

I met Heather and Will at the Expo and have talked to them at Cabela's a time or two. They seem pretty cool. As far as what they do for a living, I don't know. However, all of the hunts I have seen of the two, have been on the CWMU Spring Creek, Dodge. I know those tags aren't cheap. She shoots a beautiful bull just under 400 and he shoots a 414(?) behemoth.

I hunted with Will and Heather in Namibia several years ago. They are passionate about hunting and are very nice people - I'd share a hunting camp with them any time.

Funny story, on their Namabian hunt Will had a leopard rub up against his leg while sitting in the blind. They were pretty pale when they got back to the lodge that night.

It was WDs biggest deer at the time the story was written!
The antelope island tag was not a done deal the dwr was still in the process of trying to get the hunt and the state to go for it. And now this november he WILL kill another buck of his lifetime.And then he may decide to buy the govenors tag or the henrys tag or whatever they want-and they will.You cant outbid BILL(WDs)dad if they want it its a done deal.

She hit the buck with both shots, however the 2nd running shot piled him up instantly. Great shot on a great deer.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]I was hoping to see you post up Dr d . Didn't want to give second hand info out. Wd is into oil, right Dr D ?
As far as Heathers buck.
A very nice buck for a very nice lady.
Will is the owner of Flagship Finacial group. I believe in the Lehi area. With the economy and all I am not sure how things are as of late. Things are slow for all of us.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-25-11 AT 11:45PM (MST)[p]Whats up bigjohn?
WDs dad is in oil and a bunch of other stuff.
hope all is well down there-are you keeping Larry straight?
I was at the hospital seeing my new grandson 3-24-11
its been a long week!!! I hope we can spend some time together this summer? are you hunting turkeys?
I didnt draw but might buy a otc tag and head down that way.
Larry says he has a hot spot down there, so maybe we will see you soon. keep in touch-DOC OH and i wish i had your money problem lol.

Great looking deer and even better looking lady. I'm reminded of an article I read a while back from the guy who owns one of the big sandwich shops. He travels all over the world and shoots some incredible animals. He says make no mistake about it, I'm a shooter and not so much a hunter. He pays guides to find his animals and he shows up and shoots the animals they have found for him. He goes on to talk about a couple of whitetail hunts he has tried to do it himself to which he has had very limited success. It was a very good article.

We are all part of one hunting community and I don't think we should talk ill about people who choose to do guided hunts, high fence hunts, archery hunts or any other kind of legal hunting they may choose to do. It's OK to choose not to do it for your own reasons but to talk about it like they are doing something wrong is only damaging the one community that we all belong to.

My daughter was married to Heathers brother for a while, she is very surprised that Heather is a hunter now, she never hunted growing up. Her new husband must have given her the bug because no one in her family hunts that I know of. They seem to have lots of money to buy tags and pay for guides.

Vt We are in no way meaning to talk bad about WD, Or the Farrars. They are good folks ! Some are wondering about them as of late. Because of Wd buying the antelope island deer tag for 265,000 dollars.
As for Jimmy John he is pretty cool cat himself. A fill figured fellow like my self.haha
Huntingguy's family also hunts alot with Doyle from Mossback. He can tell you who there are, if he wishes to ? But most on here from Utah would recognize them .

Cogradulation Grandpa Dr D !!!!
See Ya on the Mountain !!

Ya Rutnbuck!

I remember you starring at her!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom