Bacon-wrapped Boneless Pig Poppers - Caveman II

Blank

Long Time Member
Ranch dressing seasoned boneless pork ribs, wrapped in bacon and slow cooked for 8 hours on LOW. Finished under broiler to crisp bacon!! Oh my. :)

Disclaimer: No jalepenos were harmed in the making of this dish. Hahaha.

F1E54FFD-7A55-478C-9330-2058804CF869_1_201_a.jpeg

2FE0D159-008E-492A-A630-60350BFAA449_1_201_a.jpeg

Usually try and get two meals out of dinners. Girls will have them tomorrow and I'll do fish for me!!

Usually try and get two meals out of dinners. Girls will have them tomorrow and I'll do fish for me!!
I found Halibut and some Cod when I took everything out of the upright freezer yesterday. I used my wife's turbo hair dryer to quickly melt all the ice off the coils.

I need to do that, but we usually wait until the weather is nicer. Unload everything into coolers, defrost for 4-6 hours and dry, then re-load and kinda take inventory of what is there, and organize!!

Boneless Pork Rib Poppers - Caveman II
10 minutes to prep, 10 minutes to finish. 8 hours to slow cook

3-4# boneless pork rib meat (can be more, but adjust ingredients). Can use short ribs also, by removing bones.
1# sliced bacon (for wrapping each piece). Large pieces of pork may take two slices of bacon.
1-2 packages of powdered Ranch dressing mix. Can sprinkle on each side on a tray, or toss in a bag or Tupperware container

Baking tray with wire rack (to drain, and for browning them in broiler - 2 minutes per side)

Trim all the fat and/or bones off the rib meat.
Season all of the pork rib meat with Ranch dressing mix ( can sprinkle, or use ZipLock or Tupperware)
Wrap each piece of powdered pork with one piece of bacon (two strips if the meat is large)
Crock pot on LOW for approx. 8 hours. Meat can be stacked on each other loosely.
Remove each piece from the pot, and place on wire rack in baking sheet.
Meat and bacon will be totally done, and very tender, but should be browned to crisp the bacon.
Two minutes on each side, turning once

Serve with more Ranch dressing or BBQ sauce for dipping.
Salad, Cole slaw, sweet potatoes, or veggies of choice to accompany

I need to do that, but we usually wait until the weather is nicer. Unload everything into coolers, defrost for 4-6 hours and dry, then re-load and kinda take inventory of what is there, and organize!!
I boil a 12 quart pot of water and place it on a shelf while I use a hair dryer above . It took me about 45 minutes. Sure was nice to find 6 Huckleberry Freezer Jam bottles also !

More expensive to buy, more expensive to run, more stuff to go wrong and need repair, and ours has paid for itself over 20 years. I'm retired, so I have the extra 4 hours every 3 years to spend on it!! :)

I just cleaned the chest freezer- sadly I found tons of burger and chicken and T Bone Steaks all at least a year old. I hope they still taste good

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom