Best Swarovski binos for western bowhunting?

pacer1975

Looking to upgrade. Bino pouch setup. 10x50? What model? Or is this overkill for glass? How about high end vortex? Thx.

IMO, there is nothing better than Swaro's.

I only bowhunt.

I'm too shaky with 10's. I use 8.5 EL's.
I bought a pair of NL 10x42 for my wife, I really think they could be the best glass made for all around glasses.

If I use a tripod, I have the Swaro 85 spotter.

Leica or swaro for sure but you can’t go wrong with Ziess either. Vortex is great for the grand kids and influencers and usually common with the pervs at the football/basketball games when they usually don’t even know what teams are playing, yet are glued to the glass like it’s day 12 on the Strip looking at the cheer squad. I’d keep it European if it’s for your self.

493AFAB0-5ADF-4929-90A7-8A01C563385E.jpeg

I have heard no such thing as good, inexpensive glass or a$$. Great info./knowledge here as usual. Thx.

Last edited:
I use Zeiss 10x25 for close in spot and stock. Smaller size easier for me to handle with bow. I use SW 10x42 and SW spotter for long distance scanning or when sitting water.

12X42 NL pures for sure. Unreal clarity and good field of view. I don’t do a lot of hand hold glassing though. Mostly off a tripod. 8x42 or 10x42 NL’s might suite your needs better

Stick with at least 4+ exit pupil. I had some 20x32 ELs that were fantastic…… Except in low light.

10x42 should be OK. I can’t imagine that 12x42s would do as well in low light.

The claim is that the FOV and light gathering is better on the 42 NL than on the 50mm EL’s. I would agree after using them, but haven’t done a side by side
Had them side by side in Arizona this last year the 50s gathered more light then my 42s. It only made a difference for maybe 5-6 minutes of last light but was able to see antlers with the 50s and could barely make out a deer with the 42s but the 42s are all around better I think

Bet the 12s would have lost 8-10 min. Never looked thru one at dusk but 3.5 mm exit pupil just seems too small for low light

I am going 10x42 due to size and I only bow hunt. Marsupiol size small chest pouch.Don't need to score a critter@ 2 miles, I know when it's big enough. All good input. Thx.

Bet the 12s would have lost 8-10 min. Never looked thru one at dusk but 3.5 mm exit pupil just seems too small for low light
I use 10x25 leicas in my shirt pocket for bowhunting. Very helpful for picking out eyes and ears in the thick stuff.

It’s my experience that these pocket binocs are useful for at least as long as you can see your sights.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom