Big Game Draw

Everyone will start bitchin they are taking too long, but it only gets bad when the dear John notice hits.
Well I mean anything over about 3 days is too long, it’s a very simple draw, throw the names in a hat and pull them out. My 6 & 8 yr old could do it faster and probably with more integrity than the vendors currently running the draws

Glad to see there wasn't a warning post for this.

I also have to own up to lying you to you guy.s After this year's debauchery. I said "mark my words, I'll be an Idaho resident by the time next year". That is not gonna happen... I know, I know, I am sad as ya'll about it

1686848109548.png

i still say Friday july 14th...

no ones actually required to apply...
No but it’s always nice to be able to plan ones fall, I’m sure it doesn’t matter to you, you’re probably a hermit who lives alone, but I have a wife and 3 small children so every day they wait is another chance for my wife to fill my calendar with events that I may or may not be able to get out of for hunting season

No but it’s always nice to be able to plan ones fall, I’m sure it doesn’t matter to you, you’re probably a hermit who lives alone, but I have a wife and 3 small children so every day they wait is another chance for my wife to fill my calendar with events that I may or may not be able to get out of for hunting season
Fall’s already planned for the next however many years I’m alive. I’ll be hunting. You do realize the calendar hasn’t changed for quite some time. Right after august is September and so on. Seems like a simple thing to predict

And to my comment you quoted, as I said, you’re not required to apply. If your wife has your balls in her purse and only gets them out for you on her schedule maybe putting in for tags isn’t the best idea without checking with her first
Sorry about the bad day you’re having. At least it’s the weekend now.

I'm not holding my breath on witch day they come out, in two more weeks we will know, judging from past years. My issue is of all of the western states, why does Idaho always has to be the last to be drawn??

I'm not holding my breath on witch day they come out, in two more weeks we will know, judging from past years. My issue is of all of the western states, why does Idaho always has to be the last to be drawn??
We’re everyone’s fall back plan. I’d love to see us jump up to the beginning of the year and further limit non res tag sales. Idahos been the dumping ground for everyone that didn’t get “their” tags for long enough

Clear Oct 10 just incase
Funny you say that. My oldest’s birthday is October 10th. Gonna be real fun in a couple years when he gets to hunt for his birthday but right now he just gets to tag along sometimes. I don’t worry about hunting early anyway though. I much prefer deer hunting around Halloween

Big game draw? Who needs it lucked out and my small game superhunt draw anywhere in the state with a great dog. Only so much time for on earth for mans best friend so might as well make it an awesome year for her missed a good part big game hunting last year.

I hunt alone, be bad enough trying to get a 200” buck out by myself. No way trying for elk. But a coworker’s daughter got a dandy down in 41/42 last year

I like finding out as early as possible for scouting purposes. As a NR some of the places I apply for I haven't spent a lot of time in, hell some of them I've never even physically been to. Obviously that's no ones fault but my own and I'm not complaining about it, I'd rather have the tag than not. In all reality, just like the aforementioned kid at Christmas, I just get exited lol

I hunt alone, be bad enough trying to get a 200” buck out by myself. No way trying for elk. But a coworker’s daughter got a dandy down in 41/42 last year
For some guys one load back to their pavement queen is all they need. Antlers and maybe the cape if the taxidermist doesn't already have one for them. These are the guys that have no business hunting.

Birthdays during hunting season? WTF
I told my wife when we were married, no matter what, no kids in the months of September, October, November. So my wife got pregnant the 1st time and the baby was due in March, but she miscarried about 3 months in, so I said alright we will just do this on God’s time and God laughed at that and gave me a kid on the annual rifle deer opener. It’s alright because like I said in 2 years I have his birthday planned already

there is more to life then hunting. i actually wish i would have hunted a lot less when my kids were little, but i was young and stupid. you'll be amazed at how much time you have once their gone and how little all that extra time you have actually means to you. miss the deer opener every year he's home would be my advice

there is more to life then hunting. i actually wish i would have hunted a lot less when my kids were little, but i was young and stupid. you'll be amazed at how much time you have once their gone and how little all that extra time you have actually means to you. miss the deer opener every year he's home would be my advice
Once he’s old enough to hunt I don’t think I’ll be able to keep him home for the opener. I haven’t hunted the opener in a long time anyway, too much going on usually and I prefer the last week

That might be the most informative post in MM history. If you have kids (especially if they don’t hunt) read it at least twice.

Mark

Once he’s old enough to hunt I don’t think I’ll be able to keep him home for the opener. I haven’t hunted the opener in a long time anyway, too much going on usually and I prefer the last week
Was going to say, I have two fall boys, and that first 10 years goes too fast. They'll be in hunting camp before you know it.

Very well said and a really good reminder for me!

I couldn't disagree more.
Hunting and fishing drew me closer to my son than anything else ever could have.
The problem is not including your kids in your outdoor adventures.
That's selfish.
Enduring harsh conditions, the the thrill of success and the rewards of hard work.
All of those things taught my son an incredible work ethic.
He became a very successful first responder.
He risked his life for the safety of others under the most extreme conditions of wildland forest fires for many years.
He has since since advanced his career to a much more financially rewarding endeavor.
I truly think that the time I spent with him in the wilderness and on the many rivers we worked have made him the man that he is today.
Strong, tough, brave, proud.

Oh, and the notion of cutting nonresident tags.
You do realize that you are a nonresident in 49 other states?
I am blessed and fortunate to have the ability to hunt states where I don't reside.
I've hunted almost all the western United States.
From Alaska to Arizona and everything in between.
I pity people so narrow minded.

I did not realize I didn’t live in 49 other states! Wow, really changed my perspective there :rolleyes:

If your kid hunts great. If they don’t, that’s great too. I’ve seen more then one guy try and force it in there kids because they “have to like it” that’s actually worse. Do what their into, not what you want them to be into

Seriously?
I live in the United States.
It's a shame that you don't...your choice.
I never forced anything on my son.
Your argument is failing.

Does that bother you?
It doesn't me.
I'm hunting and fishing my ass off.
And my son is doing it with me.
I'm not apologizing to my children.

Lol!!! You live in California and claimed to live in the United States!!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

That really does explain a lot though. Thread was a nice one. And just like every Californian ever ya had to ruin it. Can’t have nice things with you people

Lol!!! You live in California and claimed to live in the United States!!:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

That really does explain a lot though. Thread was a nice one. And just like every Californian ever ya had to ruin it. Can’t have nice things with you people

Yeah...you nailed it ..???
#clueless

I couldn't disagree more.
Hunting and fishing drew me closer to my son than anything else ever could have.
The problem is not including your kids in your outdoor adventures.
That's selfish.
Enduring harsh conditions, the the thrill of success and the rewards of hard work.
All of those things taught my son an incredible work ethic.
He became a very successful first responder.
He risked his life for the safety of others under the most extreme conditions of wildland forest fires for many years.
He has since since advanced his career to a much more financially rewarding endeavor.
I truly think that the time I spent with him in the wilderness and on the many rivers we worked have made him the man that he is today.
Strong, tough, brave, proud.

Oh, and the notion of cutting nonresident tags.
You do realize that you are a nonresident in 49 other states?
I am blessed and fortunate to have the ability to hunt states where I don't reside.
I've hunted almost all the western United States.
From Alaska to Arizona and everything in between.
I pity people so narrow minded.
I am a bit confused here, what was it about the post that you found so offensive?

Mark

I am a bit confused here, what was it about the post that you found so offensive?

Mark

That you shouldn't hunt and should spend time with your kids instead.
Like you can't do both.
AND the whole anti non-resident thing.
Only someone that never aspires to travel and enjoy the incredible offerings of other states would say something like that.

OK, fair enough, but. I saw it as someone who regretted choosing to hunt over spending time with his kids, either when his kids were too young to hunt or perhaps his kids weren't into it. I honestly thought it was one of the better posts I have seen on here as it takes a lot to own up to such things, and it was probably something that some people need to here to help them avoid having the same regrets. I think that there is no better family activities than hunting and fishing but some people/kids just aren't into it and that is totally fine too, there are plenty of hard working successful people that don't want anything to do with it, trust me,

Mark

like i said, cant have nice things. Californians are a disease Idaho knows well. glad you appreciated the post newguy, some people don't really have the brain power to comprehend such things

That you shouldn't hunt and should spend time with your kids instead.
Like you can't do both.
AND the whole anti non-resident thing.
Only someone that never aspires to travel and enjoy the incredible offerings of other states would say something like that.
hunt all over. and every state i hunt in's residents deserve every advantage over me they can have. i go to their state i play by their rules. i don't like it i can stay my ass at home. i think Wyoming 90-10 was great for those guys, hell i bet they'd like 98-2, and more power to them. not everyone is dumb enough to live in California and they shouldn't be punished with having to give those dumb asses opportunity residents should have.

Idahos starting to come around. love to see us go to the extreme on it.

OK, fair enough, but. I saw it as someone who regretted choosing to hunt over spending time with his kids, either when his kids were too young to hunt or perhaps his kids weren't into it. I honestly thought it was one of the better posts I have seen on here as it takes a lot to own up to such things, and it was probably something that some people need to here to help them avoid having the same regrets. I think that there is no better family activities than hunting and fishing but some people/kids just aren't into it and that is totally fine too, there are plenty of hard working successful people that don't want anything to do with it, trust me,

Mark
I read it the same way and I‘m from NorCal ?

Horniac

Wouldn't be shocked if it was today late afternoon. Last year was the 28th. My guess is Tuesday the 27th.
today would be cool. but i still don't think they get it done in June and then they run into a week with a holiday right in the middle of it so kick it to the week of the 10th like there original notice set a due date to. we'll see

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom