Bread recipe

If you have an enameled covered cast iron Dutch oven, I got a super easy recipe that produces crusty dense loaves every time. Not sandwich material, but awesome bread none the less.
Sure, will try. I have never made bread and I'm going to make 1 recipe every weekend.

3 cups flour, 2teaspoons yeast, 1.5 teaspoons salt, 1.5 cups of water at 105 degrees. Do NOT exceed 110.
Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl. If you have a mixer w a dough hook, that works the best. Add yeast to warm water for about 10 minutes. Add water/yeast to flour and mix until combined. This will be a sticky dough at this point.
Dump out dough onto flat surface, sprinkle with flour and hand knead about a dozen times or so.
Place dough in a bowl ( you can divide at this point for 2 loaves. This is what I do as the loaves aren’t as dense, but they are smaller) Cover with a wet towel and let rise in. a warm place. A window sill works good or you can turn the oven in for just a few minutes and then turn off when about 90-100 degrees. Let rise for at least 3 hours , I’ve let it rise for up to 6 hours.
About 45 minutes before baking, put your Dutch oven and lid in the oven and set oven at 450. After 45 minutes, pu loaf into Dutch oven and put on the lid.
After 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for another 15 minutes. At this point the bread is done.
It is hard crusty bread, which is just the way I like it. ?

3 cups flour, 2teaspoons yeast, 1.5 teaspoons salt, 1.5 cups of water at 105 degrees. Do NOT exceed 110.
Combine flour and salt in mixing bowl. If you have a mixer w a dough hook, that works the best. Add yeast to warm water for about 10 minutes. Add water/yeast to flour and mix until combined. This will be a sticky dough at this point.
Dump out dough onto flat surface, sprinkle with flour and hand knead about a dozen times or so.
Place dough in a bowl ( you can divide at this point for 2 loaves. This is what I do as the loaves aren’t as dense, but they are smaller) Cover with a wet towel and let rise in. a warm place. A window sill works good or you can turn the oven in for just a few minutes and then turn off when about 90-100 degrees. Let rise for at least 3 hours , I’ve let it rise for up to 6 hours.
About 45 minutes before baking, put your Dutch oven and lid in the oven and set oven at 450. After 45 minutes, pu loaf into Dutch oven and put on the lid.
After 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for another 15 minutes. At this point the bread is done.
It is hard crusty bread, which is just the way I like it. ?
Is that the Fast-Rise yeast with Red Label ? I will try this either this weekend or next . Mama said she might teach me but she lost her famous recipe...I think I have my Moms recipe she kept in a book. I've cooked all my life and don't want to say I can't make bread. Barbecue and Chinese are my best fares. Thank you City...

It’s regular fleischman yeast in a bottle though I’ve now started buying 2 pound packages from Sam's. Either way, I store all of my yeast in the freezer to help it last.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom