Claude dallas

A guy should be able to hang some venison that far from town...

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Can't Imagine jackrussel not chiming in on this one!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I like the Song,think the Singer & Song Writer done a great job!

Doesn't mean I'm saying Claude was right,I wasn't there,but I'll be f'd if I'm gonna spend 30 years in the Can over some Winter Time PISSCUTTER Meat!

Come on, B-BOP-A-POO-POO....there's nothing wrong with shooting a doe or two out of season. Not if you're miles from the nearest town! Why is it the governments right to tell a guy when he can trap bobcats? The animals don't go by the governments rules, why should Claude Dallas?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

So Wisz?

Are you sayin:

"We got Our Own Laws"?

WORST SONG EVER , just based on the subject matter . It's kind of a shame since I used to really like Ian Tyson . Heck , I even meet Tyson one time , and THOUGHT he was the real deal . I quickly changed my mind after I was disgusted that he would profit and ride the coat tails of such a terriable event .

I guess I just assumed Tyson had some morrals and ethics and really lived the buckaroo lifestyle , and understood the concept of theft .

I don't think the hangin some venison was the real issue here . The couple of bobcat pelts that Dallas had in his tent was the bigger issue . Hard to imagine Dallas was hungry enough to eat bobcat , but I can beleive that he was going to profit from the bobcat pelts .

Hard to remember what fur was going for back then , but I remember the fur market was good and those bobcats where probably worth 20 or 30 bucks a piece back then .

My guess is that Ian Tyson is a story-teller. Who knows if he thought much of Claude Dallas or the events that made him famous....but it is an intriguing story so that is probably why Tyson wrote a song about it. Only Ian Tyson knows for sure....

B-BOP- Some live by their own sets of laws...like the animals Claude Dallas had in his sights. I don't live by those laws currently....but if I had the same mindset as Claude Dallas, I probably would.

Steve

But Wisz?

You seem Intrigued highly by Claude?

WTF?

Lets face it that Ian Tyson is not considred main stream music , and there is only a small percentage of people that even know about him or listen to his music .

The funny thing is I have BS'd with a lot of the old cow pokes that like his music and like that song . Most of them are not even aware of the real story on that whole Claude Dallas deal . Once they have heard all the details of how he was breakin the law and stealing , and then gunning two game wardens down in cold blood they start to question the song . For most it seems the fact that Dallas quartered one of the wardens and hide him in a coyote den for close to two years before the family even knew where their loved one was , is the last straw that makes them question why Tyson would glamorize such a piece of garbage like Dallas .

Whats next ? Some body gonna write a song about Timothy McVeigh ?

Blatantly criminal minds intrigue me. That's why I'm so fascinated with Manny and Homer!

B-BOP- You know my MO on this topic....or you should by now. Funny thing is, I didn't start this one! :)

Steve

Easy foundation!

The Song kinda sings a little of each side of the Story!

I surely ain't Praisin Claude for what He done!

I got a Death Threat once right here on MM from Claude Dallas,so I've gotta be careful of what I say or it will cost me another name!:D

Wisz!

You are glued to this Thread like no other!

I know you that well!:D

And one more thing Wisz!

You can't live off the land in KALI!:D

Death threats here on the happy Monster Muley place , Geez that doesn't make me feel all warm an fuzzzy .

I have kinda wondered why Claude Dallas moniters this web page since he can't hunt any more ? Maybe just longs for the good ol days , but things have changed a lot in 20 or 30 years and I don't think he will get the warm embrace of his neighbors and back ward thinkin folk like he did back in the day .

Huntinfool , you can do a goggle search and find out some good info . In a nutshell Dallas was a dude that dreamed of livin in the west . He came from back east some where . He wanted to be a cowboy , but he kept getting fired from the big ranches for abusing his mounts , and various things .

He didn't beleive in obeying the laws regarding hunting . He was caught with some untagged bobcat pelts . The wardens wanted him to go to town and jail , but he had other plans . He basiclly shot booth wardens in cold blood , and finished them with a shot behind the ear . He cut up and quartered a warden and hid him in a coyote dens . Then he went on the run , he was caught , and then escaped . Vowed to never be caught and was goin to live off the land , but after a while he was caught in Calif. at a seven eleveen panhandling or eatin out of trash can or some thing .

If you get a chance there is a book " give a boy a gun " It's a pretty interesting read .

Gonna have to have 'jackie' clue us in on rather these clips are True?

NevadaBadger should be Chiming in soon also!

I think when he was caught at the 7-11 he was drinking a $.69 Coca Cola slurpee. He loved that flavor.

Steve

So Wisz?

You think it's OK to live off the Land just to show the world you can & will?

Just askin...............?

After being in the Backwoods & Jail that long the 7/11 Slurpee was just too resisting!:D

KER-PLOP....Firstly, I'd be the first to admit that I would not be able to survive off the land...especially in Ca. My luck, I'd stumble onto one of these huge marijuana grows and the illegal aliens would shoot me dead!

Secondly....I don't necessarily think it is wrong to live off the land if you only take what you need. However, I would never pop a cap in someones ass if I were busted for breaking a law as weak as taking game out of season or illegal trapping. I'd do my time, pay the fines and move on.

Thirdly.....YOUR MOM IS UGLY!

Steve

You caught me, B-BOP! It could be worse....I could be just like HomerJ and instigate Brown Pride all day? LOL

It's all in good fun. :)

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-11 AT 07:32AM (MST)[p]a million thanks elk hunter for sharing ! i will be buying that soon as i get home ! great tune

Here is a much better song on this same topic, couldn't find an audio file but these are the lyrics. Brenn Hill sings it.

The Ballad Of Pogue And Elms
(Brenn Hill/ Scott Bragonier/ Red Cliffs Press Music BMI/ Silversongs West Music BMI/ Ox Yoke C Music ASCAP)

My name is Conley Elms
I died in 1981
Gunned down in cold blood
By an outlaw on the run
On a cold gray afternoon
I felt that bitter chill
By the banks of the Owyhee
And my soul it lives there still

My partner William Pogue
He fell that day with me
A straight and honest lawman
As fair as he could be
His good name put on trial
We watched in disbelief
As the system we relied on
Set a killer all but free

But with every freedom comes
An even greater cost
The answer seldom easy
The question sometimes lost
For though our lives were shortened
Our work was not in vain
And given one more chance
I'd wear that badge again

Now many years gone by
Our families carry on
Though our lives have been lost
Our legacy grows strong
And every man must answer
For the things that he has done
We find our peace in knowing
The judgment day shall come

Convictions forged in campfires
For the work we live and breathe
Let the burden be to those
Who live farther on than me
The Owyhees to the Sawtooths
Let the Boise run its miles
And let our memory's stand
For all that there lives wild?

For with every freedom comes
An even greater cost
The answer seldom easy
The question sometimes lost
For though our lives were shortened
Our work was not in vain
And given one more chance
Given one more chance

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

Good lyrics...praising the the lawmen is a better idea. I'd like to hear the song itself.

Steve

>Good lyrics...praising the the lawmen is
>a better idea. I'd like
>to hear the song itself.
>
>
>Steve
>Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha
>sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team
>America World Police

It's by Brenn Hill and it's on his "What a Man's Gotta Do" album, definately worth the 10 bucks on itunes. Also got a great song about Elk Hunting in McCall, Id.

Its lonely at the top.... just the way I like it.

the" pouge" part of that song would set my ol'man on FIRE ! he and his mates told me of some of there incounters with him

I like the lyrics of the song that in the shadows posted . I would like to hear the actual song , and will have to do some research to find it .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom