Colonoscopy- How bad?

Had my first one exactly one month ago today,after it’s all over you will literally think, that was way better than I was thinking it was going to be. you won’t remember a thing from the procedure. The worst thing about the whole thing, the “lube” leaking back out for the ride home.

You’ll be starving when you leave there, so a word to the wise…you’ll be empty from top to bottom so don’t go eating an entire Little Caesar’s pepperoni pizza by yourself 2 hours afterward. Eat light and stay away from spicy for a day. Sh!tting pepperoni is no fun!

Here you can choose to get sedated or stay in the present. I’ve been told staying in the present is rather entertaining but I’ve had three and they ain’t no way in hell I’m going through that in the present.

I say “in the present” because I’ve been told by people work in those procedure rooms, the person getting checked for polyps is only sedated and pretty much awake the whole (no pun intended) time, you just can’t remember being awake when they “unsedate” you.

Knowing what I may or may not have said or done while sedated is a little unnerving when I walk past them on the street.

The amnesia is wild. I picked up my conversation with the nurse where I left off when I feel asleep. We all had a good laugh. Then the first fart came out with that laugh. Followed by dozens more.
I almost forgot about the farts. You’ll think maybe it’s gonna be a shart, but it’s bone dry, just the air they pump you up with.

Wisz's doctor called him after the test and said "I've got bad news and some really bad news" Wisz said to give him the bad news first. The doctor said "The bad news is the lab said you have only two days to live." Wisz then asked what the really bad news is? The doctor said " I tried all day yesterday to reach you."

Had my first one exactly one month ago today,after it’s all over you will literally think, that was way better than I was thinking it was going to be. you won’t remember a thing from the procedure. The worst thing about the whole thing, the “lube” leaking back out for the ride home.
lol...he's used to that

Have had two. Piece of cake.

Cut back on your food intake the day or two before prep and you will probably be happier.

I found Cheese-its to be my favorite post op snack.

Don’t spend a second worrying about it, one of the easiest procedures you can go through.

I've had one and am overdo for another. I see advertisements for the poop in the box test and ask my Dr. about it. He said they're not as accurate but I said they're not as invasive.

My daughter has a friend who had the regular colonoscopy and they found a small polyp and decided to remove it while they were in there. I guess that's normal procedure. They accidently cut something that wasn't suppose to be cut and she lost a lot of blood in the process. Nearly didn't make it and she spent several days in the hospital.

Thus my interest in the new poop in the box method has increased.

Worst part was wiping the butt so many times. Get quite raw!
This is no joke. I had to stay at a hotel the day before as I live too far from the hospital. That cheap hotel TP starts to feel like 80 grit sandpaper when you have to use it too much. Buy some soft TP and some wipes.

I've had one and am overdo for another. I see advertisements for the poop in the box test and ask my Dr. about it. He said they're not as accurate but I said they're not as invasive.

My daughter has a friend who had the regular colonoscopy and they found a small polyp and decided to remove it while they were in there. I guess that's normal procedure. They accidently cut something that wasn't suppose to be cut and she lost a lot of blood in the process. Nearly didn't make it and she spent several days in the hospital.

Thus my interest in the new poop in the box method has increased.
Did this 3 years ago...its called Cologuard. It was easy but not as accurate I was told as well.

Don't trust a fart after the prep Wisz, I have had three of them been awake with all three. Find them sort of humors! That drug they give is some good stuff. The last one I had I had the nurses and Doc were laughing, the Doc finally told me to quit laughing so much I guess my butthole tighten up and he couldn't get the probe going. I told them the story being raised on a dairy farm and watching the old Holstein cows eat too much green alfalfa. When they cough and crap at the same time there was a lot of velocity there. Told them to stand clear if I start coughing.

I'm gonna die of old age or colon cancer......which ever comes first.
You don’t want colon cancer ! I was diagnosed a year ago ! I caught mine just in time and did the operation to remove my cancerous tumor, at first they told me stage three and do the radiation and then all the chemo, it scared the crap out of me but luckily with more tests it showed the cancer never got outside the colon wall so the robotic machine removed it . I get blood tests every three months and a few scans , that cancer was the reasons why they found spots on one of my lungs but they went away . I had a spot on my forehead that was a type of cancer not melanoma, that operation I thought was going to be a quick easy but it wasn’t . Where your hats !

Just do it ...then forget about it!

I'm secure enough with my manhood that I can go to sleep and let a guy probe me. No big deal (because you're asleep). The aliens that abducted me did way worse! LOL

Yes, like others said, prep comes with some discomfort but beats hell out of living with cancer.

Catch it early and snip snip all good. Find out too late and say goodbye and/ or crap in a bag forever.

No big deal.

Zeke

As everyone else has said, the prep is the worst part. Honestly, it's one day out of your life every five years if you're lucky. I know a 40ish year-old kid who is in stage 4 colon/rectal cancer right now. Couple little kids, nice wife, good business. Things don't look good. I had another good friend, a lady, who died from it after a couple years of fighting and feeling terrible.

Get it done. Come back and tell us all about it. This is not the thing that will put your manhood in jeopardy.

Not a big deal at all. They give you some good meds and you sleep right through it and have no memory, except for the pics the docs and nurses take while you are out. I didn't understand the need for the bows and ribbons, but I guess it's part of the medical procedure. Best nap I took all year.

I have had 2 family members experience issues with their procedures. One they perforated his bowel and he had to use a colostomy bag.
The drugs didn't work properly for the other and she was completely awake, but couldn't move during the procedure, while feeling and hearing everything. She said the Dr and nurses didn't say very nice things while doing it...
Both of those experiences give me pause.

The perforated bowel would be terrible and very unfortunate for all parties.

Doctors and nurses not saying very nice things, during the procedure, gives me faith in humanity…….. honest folks are hard to find these days.

Years ago, when I had my first prostate exam, I slipped up and said the wrong thing to my Doctor…….. who was a good friend.

He said, “Bend over.”

I said, “I hate having to do this.”

He said, “Shut your damn mouth……… how’d you like to be me…….. doing this all day, everyday.”

I shut my mouth and grabbed my knees…….

I've never heard of any issues with colonoscopy before what you're saying, Packout. That would suck, but I think those instances are very rare.

If your family has a history of colon cancer you best be especially wary! Another fellow I play poker with is currently dying from colon cancer. He eats slim jims and cheetos for dinner along with his BV and coke. Religiously.

I've never heard of any issues with colonoscopy before what you're saying, Packout. That would suck, but I think those instances are very rare.

If your family has a history of colon cancer you best be especially wary! Another fellow I play poker with is currently dying from colon cancer. He eats slim jims and cheetos for dinner along with his BV and coke. Religiously.
Yep, In 20 years I’ve had three. At age 55 they cut three polyps off me, at 64 none, at 70 they cut one more. I will push them for one more, this year, even though they’ll balk doing it. Government says “their odds makers say, after 75 the odds are you’ll die before colon cancer can kill you, so no need to check again.”

Too hell with that!

To be fair, the perforated issue was 18 years ago and the other issue was 15ish years ago so I am sure the tech is better. And speaking of tech- I wish it were all camera pills.

Doctors and nurses not saying very nice things, during the procedure, gives me faith in humanity…….. honest folks are hard to find these days.
I was taught that respect to women is an honorable trait, too. (I have no doubt you respect women- the Dr and nurses that day not so much) I agree with you in liking honest folks.

To be fair, the perforated issue was 18 years ago and the other issue was 15ish years ago so I am sure the tech is better. And speaking of tech- I wish it were all camera pills.

I was taught that respect to women is an honorable trait, too. (I have no doubt you respect women- the Dr and nurses that day not so much) I agree with you in liking honest folks.
You’re good PO, I just think those folks have really unpleasant jobs and they generally do it very well, all day, everyday………. Granted they asked for the job but it would be extremely hard to not get calloused abd find yourself saying things to break the stress and tension.

I do believe women earn and deserve respect……. We are definitely in a different world than how I was raised. I understand women’s quest for being treated the same as men but I’d prefer they were more than equal, when it comes to being respected.

Last edited:
I've had to have one every 5 years since the early 1990's. Everyone on here has it right. Prep is a pain in the @$$. BUT (ha, ha, another funny! :ROFLMAO:) there are different kinds. Some you have to drink a gallon of nasty stuff over two hours. Some come in a small (4 oz?) bottle that you drink once, or maybe twice. Still tastes crappy (ha, ha, again!!).

So bottom (dang, I'm on a roll today!) line, ask your doc for the one and done drink. Your taste buds will thank you. You'll have to drink a gallon of water, or Sprite, but a heckuva lot better than the gallon jug of nasty stuff.

You’re good PO, I just think those folks have really unpleasant jobs and they generally do it very well, all day, everyday………. Granted they asked for the job but it would be extremely hard to not get calloused abd find yourself saying things to break the stress and tension.

I do believe women earn and deserve respect……. We are definitely in a different world than how I was raised. I understand women’s quest for being treated the same as men but I’d prefer they were more than equal, when it comes to being respected.
That's what the Bible teaches Lumpy. Men are the spiritual leaders in our homes. The man is called to love and support his wife ,the example is Christ gave up everything for His Bride.

Wiz,
I've had it done a hand full of times now and like most everyone else that has had one, I'm telling you it ain't that bad.
I think the prep isn't even that bad. I think it's good to clean out the old system once in a while so stop messing your pants over it.

Can’t believe some people need a fiction book to remind themselves how to act.! ?
That’s quite apparent.

Tick Tock……. if we survive how we act, long enough, we figure it out. Some sooner than others. To skidmore’s observation, there’s already a bullet on its way, metaphorical that is.

Have a great day……… If you get time, ponder this for a second…….. Is there a reason some of these fiction aka metaphoric (your term for them, not mine) books keep resonating with nearly 3 billion humans, which the other 5 billion haven’t read? Still…….. after over 3,500 years? Can you believe that?

You’re a little off…..That last person you refer to said all along that his purpose for living was to die for all of us.
no he was a liberal that didn’t want to get a job. He tried to spin it that it was for us but in reality his public assistance ran out and he was dealt with.

Jesus would of voted for Biden.

no he was a liberal that didn’t want to get a job. He tried to spin it that it was for us but in reality his public assistance ran out and he was dealt with.

Jesus would have voted for Biden.
Well…….. there you go again…..?. The book you own and read says he was a carpenter………. by golly maybe you do have reading comprehension problems. Or…….. maybe you just get happy hour from pulling links tight to watch us squeal.

Well…….. there you go again…..?. The book you own and read says he was a carpenter………. by golly maybe you do have reading comprehension problems. Or…….. maybe you just get happy hour from pulling links tight to watch us squeal.
I’m beginning to think you’ve never read the Bible. Even if he was a carpenter it had to be tough finding work. Not much work for a gay carpenter back then. Now you’re going to tell me he wasn’t gay? . Hanging around dudes the whole time? A virgin at his age? Even the term amen was actually “ah men”.

To be fair I’ve only read the Old Testament.

82BB238C-08B9-4E21-97E2-A55F24BD016F.jpeg
41130CB7-F88C-4D09-86CB-8FE5CB0327DF.jpeg

Agreed. Last person who thought he was ended up on a cross!
SS, you are So misguided. JESUS knew exactly what He was doing sir. God became flesh and dwelt among us, a propeciation ( willing substitute) for a sin nature each of us have, a sin wall that a Holy God the Father can not overlook , God is Holy and by His very nature Can NOT be in the presence of sin. Jesus shed His perfect Innocent BLOOD ( a blood that you and I don't possess) to PAY a debt we could not pay. It was God's perfect plan to be able to stand Righteous in the presence of Holy God the Father. The only way into Heaven is to believe in Jesus and His annoying sacrifice on that cross you mentioned. Once you recognize that, you are a new creation " Born Again " its Real, my life was transformed in 1997. You state you've read the NT, in Hebrews it tells us that without the shedding of blood there is No Remission of Sin. Not just any blood can do that , its only Jesus as he lived a sinless life. ITS A MAJESTIC PLAN OF SALVATION. He knew what He was doing.

Last edited:
SS, you are So misguided. JESUS knew exactly what He was doing sir. God became flesh and dwelt among us, a propeciation ( willing substitute) for a sin nature each of us have, a sin wall that a Holy God the Father can not overlook , God is Holy and by His very nature Can NOT be in the presence of sin. Jesus shed His perfect Innocent BLOOD ( a blood that you and I don't possess) to PAY a debt we could not pay. It was God's perfect plan to be able to stand Righteous in the presence of Holy God the Father. The only way into Heaven is to believe in Jesus and His annoying sacrifice on that cross you mentioned. Once you recognize that, you are a new creation " Born Again " its Real, my life was transformed in 1997. You state you've read the NT, in Hebrews it tells us that without the shedding of blood there is No Remission of Sin. Not just any blood can do that , its only Jesus as he lived a sinless life. ITS A MAJESTIC PLAN OF SALVATION. He knew what He was doing.
9BA57CC8-EF7F-45FA-BF34-4D8B1B1F4C4B.jpeg
86171AED-8C81-43E4-BAC6-9126F275C45D.jpeg

Jesus was a flat brimmer

So much for a colon scope.
It’s either political or religious any more and I’m anti both so oh well.
Hope your colonoscopy goes well.

Docs can tell with a blood test now. No reason to have it checked. Unless you just like having it checked!
We don’t call you Joe2Cool for no reason…… it takes information longer to reach the gravel road counties in these parts.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom