Demand this year

ridgerunner

Very Active Member
Does everyone think that preference point creep will be slowed or even go back a little this year, with alot of guys sitting on the sideline waiting for the later season dates next year? I'll be curious to see what the draw odds end up being, I know alot of guys have been talking about waiting another year for the later season dates.

You need to wonder.....are there that many that will wait until next year...or.... is there a lot of people starting rumors so they will have a better chance THIS YEAR?????

It will grow as normal! Sorry but there are really only a very few that would put that much emphasis on the dates! Even if it does not jump this year, next year will more than make up given the people who did wait!

It will be a nonissue all the way around.

My son applied for 442nd deer with 7 N.R. pts. With creep the way it is thats probably what it will take to draw that tag this year. Maybe with the Gunnison units having a 4th season this year it might take some demand off 44 3rd and 4th for the highest point holders but for those of us non-res. with 14 or fewer pts. we may not live long enough to draw a premium tag.
Hopefully after this year there will be one less buck in 44 and one more in our collection. If all goes well I may go ahead and put in for 44 2nd next year with 12 points. Now thats some creep. The way I see it thats the only way we will be able to hunt that unit in my lifetime. Im already 58 an am starting to get tired of playing the points game.

I think there will be a substantial number of guys holding off this year in lieu of better dates next year. That will help a little this year but next year it will be tough going in lots of units

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-15 AT 07:05AM (MST)[p]I don't think there will be much of any noticeable decrease in preference point creep this year, unfortunately.

>My son applied for 442nd deer
>with 7 N.R. pts. With
>creep the way it is
>thats probably what it will
>take to draw that tag
>this year. Maybe with the
>Gunnison units having a 4th
>season this year it might
>take some demand off 44
>3rd and 4th for the
>highest point holders but for
>those of us non-res. with
>14 or fewer pts. we
>may not live long enough
>to draw a premium tag.
>
>Hopefully after this year there will
>be one less buck in
>44 and one more in
>our collection. If all goes
>well I may go ahead
>and put in for 44
>2nd next year with 12
>points. Now thats some creep.
>The way I see it
>thats the only way we
>will be able to hunt
>that unit in my lifetime.
>Im already 58 an am
>starting to get tired of
>playing the points game.

If I were a betting person I'd bet the Gunny 4ths won't affect what would happen in 44. A lot of folks sitting on points are just dead set on 66/67 hunts or dead set on 44. It'll help weed through them a little faster, but more will roll up to take their places.

I know the died-in-the-wool trophy hunters here won't agree, but I think the quotas in some of the premium units are ridiculously low. They could be raised some and still provide a quality hunt. This is the only thing that will alleviate point creep. I think the pure PP system is great, fair and predictable, but low quotas in relation to the demand is what causes the problem.

Mgmt types hunts would be a great idea to lower numbers, should only take a fraction of the points as well so ppl can get the "experience".

Good question! I had enough pts this year to draw the tag i have been holding out for with 10 pts. i opted to wait until next with the later season dates hoping for colder temps. guess we will have to see

tx
You could be right. My fear is that there are too many that will roll up ahead of me . I will likely never draw a 3rd or 4th season in any of those three units.

Something else that could be a factor in drawing odds this year that wouldn't surprise me, becuase of the less than ideal hunting conditions last year and the fact that there wasn't a winter this year. Could see a increase in deer tags.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom