Elk CC hits.

Standard time the last few years was the last week of the month, 2017 and 2018 were mid March.

Last edited:
They will send an email with the date for cards to be good, then draw the next day. Unless they don't, and then it will be the next day after they re-send the emails a couple times!!! :)

Searched an old post from last year. March 18th was the date cards got hit. Over/under odds in Vegas for this year are March 10th. I'm taking OVER!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Does AZ post when the results are supposed to be released, regardless of when cc hits start?
No, all they have is a mail out date for tags but if they don't make it they just move the date. However I think they will be charging cards soon as they are messing with the credit card update page this morning.

Screenshot_20220221-073116_Chrome.jpg

do you think they will hit cards or post results before Utah is due March 3rd or New Mexico is due on March 16th?

I have a possibility of drawing my early archery elk tag in AZ this year unless point creep kills me. Utah isn't too big of an issue since both AZ and UT allow tag returns, but NM has no tag return system. Always hate to have conflicting hunts/dates.

M
do you think they will hit cards or post results before Utah is due March 3rd or New Mexico is due on March 16th?

I have a possibility of drawing my early archery elk tag in AZ this year unless point creep kills me. Utah isn't too big of an issue since both AZ and UT allow tag returns, but NM has no tag return system. Always hate to have conflicting hunts/dates.
My guess is we will have card hits before both but probably not results until after March 3rd but before March 16th. Unless azgfd does what they do best and f it all up.

Barring the repeat fiasco of last year, I bet you’ll know prior to those dates. Have a feeling things are going much smoother this year. I expect the “Update CC“ email will be out shortly! At least I hope! Haha

Last year was a disaster, so we can’t use it as a barometer. I bet we see the update CC email this week.
Yep. Last year was a total disaster. I don't remember how the deer draw went last summer. Hopefully the issues are resolved now, but if AZG&F has the same IT department...
Well, I already placed my bet. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My memory says previous years were towards the end of February.

Good. Then hits will happen before Utah is due. It’s always the next day after deadline when my card gets hit. ?

So didn't get any email from AZGF to update my CC. But I see on their website that the draw is currently in progress. Do they send CC update emails to everyone who applies or do you have to subscribe to their "E-News Signup" to get the CC update emails?

What was the deadline for the CC updates?

So didn't get any email from AZGF to update my CC. But I see on their website that the draw is currently in progress. Do they send CC update emails to everyone who applies or do you have to subscribe to their "E-News Signup" to get the CC update emails?

I posted the deadline info in this section yesterday under the intuitive title of CC Update Deadline.

March 1

Original deadline to update CCs was Feb 20th. Now changed to March 1st. One more delay and the Vegas oddsmakers will be paying my bet!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, good luck to everyone and I hope it isn't delayed again.

Original deadline to update CCs was Feb 20th. Now changed to March 1st. One more delay and the Vegas oddsmakers will be paying my bet!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, good luck to everyone and I hope it isn't delayed again.
Where did it state feb. 20 as a deadline?

Sounds perfectly normal to me as well Skycarp! I have the same dreams each year for 5 states, but my dreams usually get crushed and then I seek out someone to talk with LOL. Anyways, good luck and hope you guys get good results.

C
GWP. She turns 3 later this month.
She looks great man and that's exciting. We used to breed and train bird dogs and had quite a few out of AZ. My mentor was Bill Gibbons and most of our training methods developed from him and Bill West. Even Rutting and screaming bulls have still not yet passed up my passion for locked up bird dogs or honoring.

Dang. Lost my bet on March 8th :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, congrats to those that are drawn. Glad it is a couple weeks earlier than last year.

I guess the elk part is over so looks like waiting another year to try again.

Any ideas on when the do the pronghorn draw same time or is it after

Is unit 10 any good? Had a buddy put in with 0 points just to start building points and got a $650 credit card charge
It's a good unit, but 51% of the land is on the Big Boquillas Ranch, which belongs to the Navajo Nation. There is a trespassing fee.

It's a good unit, but 51% of the land is on the Big Boquillas Ranch, which belongs to the Navajo Nation. There is a trespassing fee.
Is that where all the elk are or is he going to be able to hunt on public land without paying a trespassing fee?

Is that where all the elk are or is he going to be able to hunt on public land without paying a trespassing fee?
With 0 points, what hunt did he draw? Assuming late? My brother in law was drawn again for the late cow hunt there this year.

The Big Bo ranch is not like you would think when hear "trespassing fee". Just get the pass, hang it from your rear-view, and go hunt. Such a big unit, elk are anywhere/everywhere.

Like above, lots of open range, national forest, etc, without having to get the "Big Bo" tag. I've been east of highway 64, heard bills bugling on the west side, last fall. Cool way to spend an evening.

It’s only $110 ( half tank of gas by fall) and pretty much essential to cover unit. Which hunt did he draw ? BIG differences

He put his first choice as the early rifle hunt and his second choice as late rifle but he hasn't got the email yet saying what hunt he drew

With 0 points, what hunt did he draw? Assuming late? My brother in law was drawn again for the late cow hunt there this year.

The Big Bo ranch is not like you would think when hear "trespassing fee". Just get the pass, hang it from your rear-view, and go hunt. Such a big unit, elk are anywhere/everywhere.
You are correct he did in fact draw the late hunt, I'm amusing its not near as good as the early hunt?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom