Expo Results

Utah boys cleaned house this year, and dang butler must be a common last name. Nothing for me but I only went in on the once in a lifetime species.

IMG_1116.jpeg

I don’t think those Nine Mile Antelope will know what hit em. The eyes of the Ranger will be upon them.

Thanks! Now I have some work to do. Adding them to my lists of winners since they started in 2007! Let's see who are repeaters! I'll get back to you when I finish. Probably Sunday.
It took longer than I thought it would and I'm still not finished, but here are the repeats with their numbers (as near as I could figure):
Allred, Kenadee---------3
Beck, Jacob--------------2
Beverley, John-----------2
Bledsoe, Darrel----------2
Bowhay, Jeremy---------2
Brown, Bryon------------2
Butler, Andrew-----------2
Cisneroa, Jason----------2
Edwards, Taylor----------2
Fisher, Jared--------------2
Harris, David-------------3
Kay, Terry-----------------2
Kinney, Sue---------------4
Lazenby, Tyree------------2
Leonard, Jimmie----------2
Madsen, Mark------------2
Martin, Randal------------2
Miner, Kent----------------3
Mitchell, Morgan----------2
Parrish, Tyler---------------3
Purser, Dirk----------------4
Reynolds, Courtney-------2
Warren, Remi--------------2
Willis, Koby----------------2
Woolstenhulme, Jake------2

That's 25 out of 200. 12.5%

It took longer than I thought it would and I'm still not finished, but here are the repeats with their numbers (as near as I could figure):
Bowhay, Jeremy---------2

The Sue Kinney one is interesting-4 tags for someone that can, and has purchased BIG dollar tags in the past.

That List Ain't Gonna Cut It!

(((Ya,I Know You're Not Done efa!)))

Don't Forget About The Gal That Drew 3 Tags In One Year!

Bowhay, Jeremy---------2

I know two of those people on that list and I must say, they are lucky people in the draws too.

@elkhunterUT do you remember Jay Roberts from school? He’s had two elk tags back to back from the early years…
Yes, I do remember him-didn’t realize he drew tags back to back.

I guess I can’t whine too much-my Dad, brother and I have all drawn an expo tag over the years but it has been a long time since our last one. I am ready for another!!

Bowhay, Jeremy---------2

You are missing the one person whose amazing luck caused the change in the rules and really drew lots of attention to possible fraud at the expo. Heather Farrar

That List Ain't Gonna Cut It!

(((Ya,I Know You're Not Done efa!)))

Don't Forget About The Gal That Drew 3 Tags In One Year!
Geez! Give me some credit! I only gave you 2024 repeaters and I ain't got time to list on this forum the other 325 repeaters since 2007. Or the 3,500 total EXPO hunts since 2007 with Names, Towns, Year, Species, Weapons, Areas and special regs (no dogs, no baits, early, mid, late, hunter's choice, cow only, public land only, nonres only, etc). Go hire a secretary to do that if you want it that bad!
And her name is Heidee Latham from Lapoint
Bull Elk-SW Desert
Pronghorn-Parker Mtn
Cougar-Fishlake
Now, it's getting late and this ol' man needs to get some sleep. I'll finish the total list tomorrow.

You are missing the one person whose amazing luck caused the change in the rules and really drew lots of attention to possible fraud at the expo. Heather Farrar
Heather Farrar's amazing luck consists of TWO EXPO tags!!!!
2016-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Paunsagunt
2018-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Book Cliffs South
It's a case of being incorrectly labeled for whatever reason and NOBODY doing their homework for whatever reason!

Easy efa!

Did You Miss The Part Where I Said:I Know You're Not Done Yet?

17 years Now & Not A 'B' Boy Out Of Any Of Us Have Pulled SQUAT!

Not Whining!

Enough Is Enough!

Geez! Give me some credit! I only gave you 2024 repeaters and I ain't got time to list on this forum the other 325 repeaters since 2007. Or the 3,500 total EXPO hunts since 2007 with Names, Towns, Year, Species, Weapons, Areas and special regs (no dogs, no baits, early, mid, late, hunter's choice, cow only, public land only, nonres only, etc). Go hire a secretary to do that if you want it that bad!
And her name is Heidee Latham from Lapoint
Bull Elk-SW Desert
Pronghorn-Parker Mtn
Cougar-Fishlake
Now, it's getting late and this ol' man needs to get some sleep. I'll finish the total list tomorrow.

Heather Farrar's amazing luck consists of TWO EXPO tags!!!!
2016-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Paunsagunt
2018-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Book Cliffs South
It's a case of being incorrectly labeled for whatever reason and NOBODY doing their homework for whatever reason!
Well aren’t we pissy, thanks for doing my homework… I stand corrected….

If you draw more then one tag in a year do you receive both or have to pick one of the two or three if you were so lucky to draw that many in one year ?

If you draw more then one tag in a year do you receive both or have to pick one of the two or three if you were so lucky to draw that many in one year ?
You can no longer draw more than one EXPO tag per year, thanks to Heidee Latham's draw. Now, if you draw an EXPO tag you are out of the EXPO pool. However, if you've drawn a tag for the same species from the General Hunts, you have to make a choice which one you want and the other goes back into the pool it came from and is given to an alternate applicant. I think almost everyone picks the EXPO tag because it has no waiting period and doesn't reduce points.

It's All Good efa!

I Was Just Wanting You To Know I Was Only RAZZIN & Yes I Knew You Wasn't Through With Your List!

Can Somebody Figure The Odds Of 3 Permits In One Year?
I probably could have done it when I took integral and differential calculus at USU, but I now have to use a calculator to add and subtract. In any case it is so low that the public thought it was impossible without some kind of corruption going on. There was such an outcry that the DWR changed the rule to only one EXPO tag per year. That's all you can win now.

FWIW, the champion EXPO tag winner so far is Joseph DeRoest from Lehi with 6.
2008-Bear-San Juan
2009-Bull Elk-Arch-Manti
2010-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Paunsagunt
2010-Turkey-SW Region
2011-Bull Elk-Any Weapon-Manti
2019-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Vernon
What are the chances of drawing an Expo tag 4 years in a row?

I probably could have done it when I took integral and differential calculus at USU, but I now have to use a calculator to add and subtract. In any case it is so low that the public thought it was impossible without some kind of corruption going on. There was such an outcry that the DWR changed the rule to only one EXPO tag per year. That's all you can win now.

FWIW, the champion EXPO tag winner so far is Joseph DeRoest from Lehi with 6.
2008-Bear-San Juan
2009-Bull Elk-Arch-Manti
2010-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Paunsagunt
2010-Turkey-SW Region
2011-Bull Elk-Any Weapon-Manti
2019-Buck Deer-Any Weapon-Vernon
What are the chances of drawing an Expo tag 4 years in a row?
I Can't Answer That!

But I Can Tell You What My Chances Have Been In 17 Years!

2024 Utah Expo $5 tags Rigged
Some 2024 tag winners!! Might wanna talk to SFW and get on their GARANTEED TAG LIST for upcoming 2025 Expo $5tags. lol

Gage Butler, Taylor Butler, Andrew Butler, Shane Butler.

Bryce Christensen, David Christensen, Kolton Christensen, Bobette Christensen

Tyler Parrish, Lafe Parrish, McKay Parrish

Cordell Walker, Adam Walker, Joseph Walker

Colby Carter , Dallan Carter

Adam Allred, Kenadee Allred

David Harrow, Jeff Harrow

Mitchell Anderson, Dustin Anderson

Spencer Gray , Michael Gray

Tausha Harris, David Harris

Braden Mitchell, Morgan Mitchell

Koby Willis, Cole Willis

Cyle Jones, Tyler Jones

Sandee Leavitt, Scott Leavitt

Jared Fisher, Carl Fisher

Scott Thompson, Mike Thompson

Some 2024 tag winners!! Might wanna talk to SFW and get on their GARANTEED TAG LIST for upcoming 2025 Expo $5tags. lol

Koby Willis, Cole Willis

Cyle Jones, Tyler Jones

There are indeed a lot of tags that appear to be won by members of the same family. And that's also true of the 17 year list. Especially if you don't confine it to one year or repeats only. I'll check it out, but it'll be week or so to check 3,500 hunts. (I've got some guns to rebuild, some turned wood/epoxy vases and a knotty pine coffin to finish.)

Koby Willis, Cole Willis

Cyle Jones, Tyler Jones

What is your point?

All I want to say is that its noticeable , to me how many " Big Names" for lack of a better term , in the hunting industry that land an expo tag. I think alot of these names to the average person wouldn't stand out. Being a western hunting Junkie myself many names catch my attention every year and have since the first Expo they have always caught my attention,

I like the idea of a true old fashion roll the ticket cage and pick a name in front of others to see rather than the way it is..

Well I know nothing how this expo works but here is my question

Do they draw through a computer or behind doors?

Well I know nothing how this expo works but here is my question

Do they draw through a computer or behind doors?
I don't know how they do it now, but I know it used to be from a computer in a one-man operation in a home per my GRAMA and the DWR merely announced the winner at the DWR Office. They may now do it on stage at the DWR Office, I don't know. However, I do know it's NOT the same draw vendor the DWR uses. The EXPO is not one of System Consultants' clients. I suspect there would be a Conflict of Interest issue if they both had the same draw vendor and maybe that's partially why RMEF didn't get the EXPO contract. Their plan was to use the same draw vendor. We were told they didn't get a good score because they didn't already have the contract, but the real reason could have been, they knew that RMEF wouldn't be allowed to sign a contract with System Consultants and it would stir up more questions about the draw. This is all speculation, but it is troubling isn't it?

We (UWC) questioned the use of a one-man operation, not necessarily because we thought it could be crooked or faulty but because it was a one-man operation with no back-up person to run it in case the man couldn't. But of course, we lost that one too!

I don't think the expo team would be stupid enough to risk their whole cash cow to fix tags for friends/supporters plus risk prison time for fraud involving millions of dollars. They know the value of those tags, they're the ones who auction them each evening.

I do, however, think the draw program they use is flawed and may not be running a true random draw. The odds of an individual making a mistake is greater than the consistent statistical flukes in the results, IMO.

I think it's more likely a coding issue than a deliberate attempt to alter the results, but I'd feel better if a third-party computer expert/programmer could have a look through the code and results and do an audit.

Heck, I'd probably pay for it myself if they'd give me access.

I don't know how they do it now, but I know it used to be from a computer in a one-man operation in a home per my GRAMA and the DWR merely announced the winner at the DWR Office. They may now do it on stage at the DWR Office, I don't know. However, I do know it's NOT the same draw vendor the DWR uses. The EXPO is not one of System Consultants' clients. I suspect there would be a Conflict of Interest issue if they both had the same draw vendor and maybe that's partially why RMEF didn't get the EXPO contract. Their plan was to use the same draw vendor. We were told they didn't get a good score because they didn't already have the contract, but the real reason could have been, they knew that RMEF wouldn't be allowed to sign a contract with System Consultants and it would stir up more questions about the draw. This is all speculation, but it is troubling isn't it?

We (UWC) questioned the use of a one-man operation, not necessarily because we thought it could be crooked or faulty but because it was a one-man operation with no back-up person to run it in case the man couldn't. But of course, we lost that one too!
Last night, I GRAMA'ed the DWR for the name and location of the EXPO tag drawing vendor and they returned a notice that they had received the GRAMA and would get back to me within 10 days. Let's see how that plays out.

I don't think the expo team would be stupid enough to risk their whole cash cow to fix tags for friends/supporters plus risk prison time for fraud involving millions of dollars. They know the value of those tags, they're the ones who auction them each evening.

I do, however, think the draw program they use is flawed and may not be running a true random draw. The odds of an individual making a mistake is greater than the consistent statistical flukes in the results, IMO.

I think it's more likely a coding issue than a deliberate attempt to alter the results, but I'd feel better if a third-party computer expert/programmer could have a look through the code and results and do an audit.

Heck, I'd probably pay for it myself if they'd give me access.
My experience with humans states otherwise.

Last night, I GRAMA'ed the DWR for the name and location of the EXPO tag drawing vendor and they returned a notice that they had received the GRAMA and would get back to me within 10 days. Let's see how that plays out.
How much does the DWR charge you for a GRAMA? Do they charge by the amount of time it takes them to look it up?

How much does the DWR charge you for a GRAMA? Do they charge by the amount of time it takes them to look it up?
It depends on what you're looking for. Sometimes they don't charge anything, but sometimes charge quite a bit if they have to spend a lot of time looking for it and putting it in an email, text, paper copy, cd, etc. They have all of that info on their website.

Grey skies Technologies

Go to the 0:44 mark.
Thanks! Now that you've identified it, I vaguely remember the circumstances. There was trouble in the company and one of the principles ended up in Salt Lake. and started a computer business called Grey Skies Technologies and that's the one the DWR gave me with my GRAMA. Whether or not they were actually using the one that was in Seattle (or Los Angelos) I couldn't say. All I know is they gave me one in Utah and it was a one man (and wife) operation. And he was the only technician while his wife was doing all of the business stuff. We thought it was too risky to sign up with a business like that. But, of course, we lost because the DWR wasn't the ones who had the contract and SFW wouldn't give it to us because of trade secrets.

Having said that, I can't say whether or not their current arrangement is more secure or not. It appears to be a very stable, reliable, honest company now and I wouldn't question otherwise. As far as the actual computer draw goes, that's far out of my territory. I once took a class in Fortran with punch cards and got a good grade, but computerwise it was a long time ago in a faraway galaxy. I remember nothing except the computer would have fit tightly in my house including the basement and it only worked with numbers.

Maybe our view of "random" is different. To me it means a somewhat orderly complete spread of names. But to others it may mean total chaos. This program seems to be in the middle, We get random names, but clumped results. For instance, if we count the number of names beginning with the letter "C" we get 11 in 2020, 16 in 2021, 18 in 2022, (I accidentally deleted 2023), so the trend seems to be pretty steady, right? WRONG! In 2024 we get 1! That doesn't seem right to me, but maybe it just proves the draw is random! (I hate it if it's that random!)
In any case, I can't fault the company or the algorithm. But I'm still not going to apply unless they go back into the regular draw!

I noticed the expo didn’t release any attendance or $ raised press release this year. By now that’s usually done. I’m sure revenue and $ raised has dropped. Last year they left out attendance on their press release. Maybe, just maybe the Expo isn’t breaking records anymore.

I noticed the expo didn’t release any attendance or $ raised press release this year. By now that’s usually done. I’m sure revenue and $ raised has dropped. Last year they left out attendance on their press release. Maybe, just maybe the Expo isn’t breaking records anymore.
I would guess your wrong. They had great attendance again. I didn't make it this year.

If they are not doing the random based on numbers and doing keywords instead, that seems very odd. Is that why multiple same last names where drawn? They where closet to one of the random keywords? Like draw the closest name to keyword "but" = equals 4 butlers being drawn?

Thanks! Now that you've identified it, I vaguely remember the circumstances. There was trouble in the company and one of the principles ended up in Salt Lake. and started a computer business called Grey Skies Technologies and that's the one the DWR gave me with my GRAMA. Whether or not they were actually using the one that was in Seattle (or Los Angelos) I couldn't say. All I know is they gave me one in Utah and it was a one man (and wife) operation. And he was the only technician while his wife was doing all of the business stuff. We thought it was too risky to sign up with a business like that. But, of course, we lost because the DWR wasn't the ones who had the contract and SFW wouldn't give it to us because of trade secrets.

Having said that, I can't say whether or not their current arrangement is more secure or not. It appears to be a very stable, reliable, honest company now and I wouldn't question otherwise. As far as the actual computer draw goes, that's far out of my territory. I once took a class in Fortran with punch cards and got a good grade, but computerwise it was a long time ago in a faraway galaxy. I remember nothing except the computer would have fit tightly in my house including the basement and it only worked with numbers.

Maybe our view of "random" is different. To me it means a somewhat orderly complete spread of names. But to others it may mean total chaos. This program seems to be in the middle, We get random names, but clumped results. For instance, if we count the number of names beginning with the letter "C" we get 11 in 2020, 16 in 2021, 18 in 2022, (I accidentally deleted 2023), so the trend seems to be pretty steady, right? WRONG! In 2024 we get 1! That doesn't seem right to me, but maybe it just proves the draw is random! (I hate it if it's that random!)
In any case, I can't fault the company or the algorithm. But I'm still not going to apply unless they go back into the regular dr

Well, I got my reply from the DWR this morning (that was really fast because it didn't take much research or paperwork) and they didn't even charge me. Imagine that! I made the mistake of asking who CONDUCTS the draw, In any case, the name that I got was Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, so I guess they still hire Grey Skies.

Well, I got my reply from the DWR this morning (that was really fast because it didn't take much research or paperwork) and they didn't even charge me. Imagine that! I made the mistake of asking who CONDUCTS the draw, In any case, the name that I got was Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, so I guess they still hire Grey Skies.
Well, I’ll be dipped in Remi Warren sh!t…. That’s weird…

Well, I’ll be dipped in Remi Warren sh!t…. That’s weird…
It's weird alright! I thought at least they did it by a randomly assigned number not a keyword! Unless I'm not understanding what a "keyword" is, it seems to me that doing by a keyword would be MUCH easier to manipulate! There's 24 letters in the alphabet but only 10 numbers available and a keyWORD will NEVER include a triple letter or a long sequence or a pattern, but it would HAVE to have an "a","e", "i", "o", "u" or "y" and that omits a whole lot of possibilities. My last name is Tracy, Try and get a keyword out of that!

Last edited:
DAMN!

That Gal That Gave Me An A+ & I Never Cracked A Book Must Of Lied To Me?

She Said There Was 26 Letters In The Alphabet!

DAMN Her!

But Then Again That Might Be The SFW Alphabet!

They Don't Recognize B's & S's Evident-ally!

It's weird alright! I thought at least they did it by a randomly assigned number not a keyword! Unless I'm not understanding what a "keyword" is, it seems to me that doing by a keyword would be MUCH easier to manipulate! There's 24 letters in the alphabet but only 10 numbers available and a keyWORD will NEVER include a triple letter or a long sequence or a pattern, but it would HAVE to have an "a","e", "i", "o", "u" or "y" and that omits a whole lot of possibilities. My last name is Tracy, Try and get a keyword out of that!

DAMN!

That Gal That Gave Me An A+ & I Never Cracked A Book Must Of Lied To Me?

She Said There Was 26 Letters In The Alphabet!

DAMN Her!

But Then Again That Might Be The SFW Alphabet!

They Don't Recognize B's & S's Evident-ally!
Thanks! I stand corrected! It seems like I'm having more senior moments each day! (I couldn't find the blush face,)

Just RAZZIN Ya efa!
I know. My post wasn't any more serious than yours. I'm 82 and haven't been to school for so long that it's hard to remember even simple things! There are 2 posts on this forum that tell me I just wasted 20 minutes typing a reply when in fact it took me an hour each time! I had to check spelling, punctuation, and phrasing And edit it! Plus I'm losing the feeling in my finger tips and my hands are starting to shake a little. Imagine me trying to do it on a cell phone? It ain't gonna happen! Getting older has its issues, but it's a whole lot better than the alternative! (y)

Hey efa!

You Must Be Doing Perty Damn Good!

I Haven't Seen Homer Ever Give You Too Many GRAMMAR Lessons!:D

I know. My post wasn't any more serious than yours. I'm 82 and haven't been to school for so long that it's hard to remember even simple things! There are 2 posts on this forum that tell me I just wasted 20 minutes typing a reply when in fact it took me an hour each time! I had to check spelling, punctuation, and phrasing And edit it! Plus I'm losing the feeling in my finger tips and my hands are starting to shake a little. Imagine me trying to do it on a cell phone? It ain't gonna happen! Getting older has its issues, but it's a whole lot better than the alternative! (y)

elkfromabove, Congrats on 82 years!!!! Thanks for keeping track of the names drawn all these years. It is greatly appreciated year in and year out. I hope you share a copy of your spreadsheet with someone every time you update it. It would be a shame if that data disappeared due to circumstances we don't want to see happen to you for another 20 years.

elkfromabove, Congrats on 82 years!!!! Thanks for keeping track of the names drawn all these years. It is greatly appreciated year in and year out. I hope you share a copy of your spreadsheet with someone every time you update it. It would be a shame if that data disappeared due to circumstances we don't want to see happen to you for another 20 years.
I haven't had time to re-page it all, but since you so readily "volunteered," PM me your email address and I'll send you copies (total list and repeats). I've got them both alphabetically by last name on a Word document and all I have to do is plug in the new names and re-page it. Homer might find some errors but 3,500 names, towns, hunts, species, weapons, units and restrictions is not easy to do. In fact, EVERY time I update it, I'll find previous errors to correct. Give me a few days.

Edited: See! I already messed up/ I forgot years chronologically for each name. :giggle:

Last edited:
You have my respect for keeping up with these forums. I'm just hoping to be still alive at 82. I'm sure my hunting days will be long behind me at 82.

You have my respect for keeping up with these forums. I'm just hoping to be still alive at 82. I'm sure my hunting days will be long behind me at 82.
Thanks, but it's all in the genes! My mom died at 91 with a sharp mind-no cause (her body just quit working. My Dad at 90-leukema and I had 2 great grandmothers over 100. The others? Paternal grandfather whom I never met-30 from a sawmill accident. Paternal grandmother I barely remember-about 70 from a home fumigation accident (She went in after the cat.) Maternal grandmother about 70 auto-pedestrian accident. Maternal grandfather whom II never met- about 70 from lung cancer smoking 3 packs a day. So, it looks like if I'm careful and don't smoke, I might be here for a while longer. BUT my solo 10,000 feet treestand elk hunts are over. but I'll keep the name (ELK FROM ABOVE) Now, there's more than you ever wanted to know! 🥱

Thanks, but it's all in the genes! My mom died at 91 with a sharp mind-no cause (her body just quit working. My Dad at 90-leukema and I had 2 great grandmothers over 100. The others? Paternal grandfather whom I never met-30 from a sawmill accident. Paternal grandmother I barely remember-about 70 from a home fumigation accident (She went in after the cat.) Maternal grandmother about 70 auto-pedestrian accident. Maternal grandfather whom II never met- about 70 from lung cancer smoking 3 packs a day. So, it looks like if I'm careful and don't smoke, I might be here for a while longer. BUT my solo 10,000 feet treestand elk hunts are over. but I'll keep the name (ELK FROM ABOVE) Now, there's more than you ever wanted to know! 🥱
Probably hung like a horse too

Probably hung like a horse too
Actually, my mom told us of a time they went out picking choke cherries and they met another family and the husband praised him for taking his grandchildren out picking. My grandfather corrected him and told him they were his children! Of course the man was surprised and asked my grandfather his age. When grandpa told him, he asked "How old do you have to be before you can't have kids.?" Grandpa----"How the hell should I know?"

Last edited:
I haven't had time to re-page it all, but since you so readily "volunteered," PM me your email address and I'll send you copies (total list and repeats). I've got them both alphabetically by last name on a Word document and all I have to do is plug in the new names and re-page it. Homer might find some errors but 3,500 names, towns, hunts, species, weapons, units and restrictions is not easy to do. In fact, EVERY time I update it, I'll find previous errors to correct. Give me a few days.

Edited: See! I already messed up/ I forgot years chronologically for each name. :giggle:
Done! Please send me your email address. I've also got all of the year lists except 2023 which I accidentally deleted. I'll drop by Carlyle's (former VP of UWC) and see if he's willing to keep them updated.

Last edited:
Actually, my mom told us of a time they went out picking choke cherries and they met another family and the husband praised him for taking his grandchildren out picking. My grandfather corrected him and told him they were his children! Of course the man was surprised and asked my grandfather his age. When grandpa told him, he asked "How old do you have to be before you can't have kids.?" Grandpa----"How the hell should I know?"
No smiles? I guess I'm no good at telling funny stories because I left out grandpa's age when he had kids. His first one was born when he was 48 and his last one was born 2 days after his 60th birthday with 4 in between I don't know if he HUNG like a horse, but he apparently STIFFENED like a horse. :giggle:

Last edited:
love it! You need to start a thread to tell us some stories!
Maybe we should have a forum where ALL of us can share fun stories, some hunting and some not. No trophy bragging, no arguing, no politics, no bad language. Just fun/funny things that have happened to you and yours We might even get some of our members lurking in the shadows to post. A forum like that would probably cut down some (or a lot) of the rhetoric we see here because we would know those names we see here belong to people.

Anyhow: here's another one. My dad worked for Kennicott (or whatever it's called now) and sometimes they would have potluck instead of separate lunches. My dad ALWAYS brought my mother's marvelous chocolate cake made from scratch. But one time he forgot to tell her about it the night before and in the morning he woke her up to get her to make the cake. Oh! Oh! She was beyond mad! She just throw that cake together with no measuring, no proper blending of the ingredients, no greasing or powdering of the pan and no frosting. I was awake by then and I remember for the first time, I heard my mother "swear" at my dad. "Here's your damn chocolate cake!" and she shoved it to him still in the warm pan. Well, when he got home, he told her that the men thought it was the best cake she ever made and they wanted another one just like it. I don't think they slept in the same bed that night!

Last edited:
Now a hunting story. When I was growing up we always had a Tracy camp. my dad, my 2 brothers, my dad's 2 brothers and 2 of my cousins. One time we invited one of my mother's brothers, Uncle Dave, who had hunted as a kid, but not as an adult and hadn't held a gun in hands for 5 or 6 years. So, we bought him a tag and went to camp near Scipio. We didn't have enough guns for everybody so we shared and Uncle Dave ended up with lever-action 30-30 and me and my 2 brothers ended up with nothing. Me and my brothers went with Uncle because we knew how to field-dress a deer. We picked a good hillside with the sun to our backs and we all sat down We quietly started to tell Uncle where to shoot the deer and how to wait for a good shot. But we were interupted by a small buck working it's way up to us on our hillside and we stopped talking. Uncle Dave just sat there so one of us had to tell him to shot. He didn't! So one of us bumped him and he exploded and jumped to his feet and grabbed the gun with his left hand, the lever with his right hand and pumped every shell out of the gun with the pump, yelling "Shoot him," "shoot him," "shoot him". We were laughing so hard we almost rolled down the hill and it wasn't until we calmed him down and showed him the bullets on the ground that he finally admitted he must have gotten buck fever. Luckily, he did much better the next day and got a 3-point as I recall. That's the worst and funniest buck fever I've ever seen

email the updated list to me please!!!

Maybe we should have a forum where ALL of us can share fun stories, some hunting and some not. No trophy bragging, no arguing, no politics, no bad language. Just fun/funny things that have happened to you and yours We might even get some of our members lurking in the shadows to post. A forum like that would probably cut down some (or a lot) of the rhetoric we see here because we would know those names we see here belong to people.

Anyhow: here's another one. My dad worked for Kennicott (or whatever it's called now) and sometimes they would have potluck instead of separate lunches. My dad ALWAYS brought my mother's marvelous chocolate cake made from scratch. But one time he forgot to tell her about it the night before and in the morning he woke her up to get her to make the cake. Oh! Oh! She was beyond mad! She just throw that cake together with no measuring, no proper blending of the ingredients, no greasing or powdering of the pan and no frosting. I was awake by then and I remember for the first time, I heard my mother "swear" at my dad. "Here's your damn chocolate cake!" and she shoved it to him still in the warm pan. Well, when he got home, he told her that the men thought it was the best cake she ever made and they wanted another one just like it. I don't think they slept in the same bed that night!
See how fun it was and good it felt to swear Lee. Your mother was a great woman too. The hells, damns and sh!ts aren’t all that bad and they sure help emphasize an emotion better, in the virtual world……….. don’t ya think?😉

Now a hunting story. When I was growing up we always had a Tracy camp. my dad, my 2 brothers, my dad's 2 brothers and 2 of my cousins. One time we invited one of my mother's brothers, Uncle Dave, who had hunted as a kid, but not as an adult and hadn't held a gun in hands for 5 or 6 years. So, we bought him a tag and went to camp near Scipio. We didn't have enough guns for everybody so we shared and Uncle Dave ended up with lever-action 30-30 and me and my 2 brothers ended up with nothing. Me and my brothers went with Uncle because we knew how to field-dress a deer. We picked a good hillside with the sun to our backs and we all sat down We quietly started to tell Uncle where to shoot the deer and how to wait for a good shot. But we were interupted by a small buck working it's way up to us on our hillside and we stopped talking. Uncle Dave just sat there so one of us had to tell him to shot. He didn't! So one of us bumped him and he exploded and jumped to his feet and grabbed the gun with his left hand, the lever with his right hand and pumped every shell out of the gun with the pump, yelling "Shoot him," "shoot him," "shoot him". We were laughing so hard we almost rolled down the hill and it wasn't until we calmed him down and showed him the bullets on the ground that he finally admitted he must have gotten buck fever. Luckily, he did much better the next day and got a 3-point as I recall. That's the worst and funniest buck fever I've ever seen
I’ve heard of others, here in South Central that did the same thing. It must be a positive gene stain from this area.

My dad has a few story's like this (people ejecting live rounds and never shooting) but one story about one of his cousins is the best. Apparently someone else had shot a buck and a small group went over to gut it and drag it out, as they got to the ravine the deer was in another much larger buck jumped up and took off, only one of them had brought his gun along and as the buck was running off he would load a bullet, aim, say "bang", and then eject the live unshot round out of the gun, lol he ejected every bullet he had and never fired a shot. Everyone had a good laugh about that.

My dad has a few story's like this (people ejecting live rounds and never shooting) but one story about one of his cousins is the best. Apparently someone else had shot a buck and a small group went over to gut it and drag it out, as they got to the ravine the deer was in another much larger buck jumped up and took off, only one of them had brought his gun along and as the buck was running off he would load a bullet, aim, say "bang", and then eject the live unshot round out of the gun, lol he ejected every bullet he had and never fired a shot. Everyone had a good laugh about that.
I’ve heard various versions of the “bang”……. stories too Jake. It’s usually about dubious family member of some sort. I’ve started to believe it might be redneck legend, like the bobcat in the suite case stories. Still……… fun to imagine.

Too much whining on this thread. Y’all just need to quit putting in for tags reserved for the political few. Then you won’t have to come on here and complain about the chance you never had to draw a tag that was never for you😂😂😂

Too much whining on this thread. Y’all just need to quit putting in for tags reserved for the political few. Then you won’t have to come on here and complain about the chance you never had to draw a tag that was never for you😂😂😂

But then we wouldn't have as many funny hunting stories to tell, would we? When people ask me why I hunt when I could just go to Walmart and buy it cheaper, I just ask them , "When was the last time you sat around a campfire with a bundh of family and friends while telling stories about buying your meat at Walmart.?"
As for the lists, I planned on sending emails and/or sharing after I got home from church on Sunday, but I was rudely awakened at 4:20 am by an elephant sitting on my chest! My heart was pumping 180 and we called 911 and I spent these last few days in two seperate hospitals. The prognosis? Open heart surgery in about two weeks. I pray for the best, but I'm spiritually and emotionally prepared for the worst. These bodies are marvelous, machines, but like any machine, parts wear out and they are not easily replaced. I have to slow down (not quit) my activities for a while but sitting on my butt in front of a computer ain't one of them. ANY of you is welcome to those lists "cause they are public knowledge., However, get them more from each other than from me please. I've got some other things to clear up. And don't stop the stories!

As for the lists, I planned on sending emails and/or sharing after I got home from church on Sunday, but I was rudely awakened at 4:20 am by an elephant sitting on my chest! My heart was pumping 180 and we called 911 and I spent these last few days in two seperate hospitals. The prognosis? Open heart surgery in about two weeks. I pray for the best, but I'm spiritually and emotionally prepared for the worst. These bodies are marvelous, machines, but like any machine, parts wear out and they are not easily replaced. I have to slow down (not quit) my activities for a while but sitting on my butt in front of a computer ain't one of them. ANY of you is welcome to those lists "cause they are public knowledge., However, get them more from each other than from me please. I've got some other things to clear up. And don't stop the stories!
Dang Lee, you and I have had our conflicts but I’m very sorry to hear that. Hope you have a full and rapid recovery. Besides these marvelous machines, modern science has added amazing solutions to recovery as well. Prays in your behalf. Any updates will surely be look forward to……. by all of us.

Dang, good luck on the surgeries!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom