Halibut

Pellet grill is just a grill, like any other, unless you are talking about actually smoking it heavily. It is a pretty tender fish, and can be easily overcooked and made tough. Get you a meat thermometer and don't go above 140-145 degrees. Traeger has a recipe that I like, but more for the lemon cream sauce than anything. The one I did a week ago and posted here was just oil oiled and salt and pepper.

I have smoked my salmon on my camp chef quite a bit but I worry about doing that with halibut cause it isn't as fatty. I'll take a look at your post. Thank you

Best I’ve found for halibut is to coat it light with olive oil, then season and add a thin slab of butter along with a squirt of lemon, then wrap sealed in foil and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes until temp hits about 135-140. Delicious!

Best I’ve found for halibut is to coat it light with olive oil, then season and add a thin slab of butter along with a squirt of lemon, then wrap sealed in foil and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes until temp hits about 135-140. Delicious!
This is how I cook it on my oak pit bbq also. I use a few tabs of butter as well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom