Has any one heard of this?

MO

As a previous resident of No Calif, I can understand how you don't get the benefit of living in a state with any real opportunities for big game hunting. Hell, your own state had to replace "Game" with "Wildlife".

Your arguments that our F&G supports BP systems falls flat as just last week our own Commission Chairman said so: "We did a statistical analysis of this and what the numbers showed was the general hunter is much better off in the lottery than he is in the bonus-points scheme," Trevey said.

I keep writing long detailed responses to your ridiculous rants but erase them because I can't make you understand, because all you know is that this will benefit you. It won't benefit the majority, as the majority of responses here support, and it certainly won't benefit the next generation of our sport. Residents have spoken and will continue to, if NR's choose to demand this, though the sentiment seems to be shifting away from yours more and more, be prepared to pay for it and don't get caught on here complaining when you do, as you have already advertised you don't mind paying to play.

Of course you support Auction Tags if it will defer some cost to you. Of course you support LO tags if you can get an opportunity to buy one instead of draw one like everyone else. You clearly are focused on what will benefit yourself. Well, one fact you ought to consider is that, we as resident sportsmen in the state of ID, unlike in CA, are a pretty strong majority of the voting population. While we may not represent the special interest that large landowners do, we represent a much larger number of voters. Therefore, as you can see here, when we speak loudly we will be able to impact the decisions of the guys that make the rules, even if it will cost them some special interest donations. So, good luck! Oh and thank you, as others have said you have me riled up and speaking loudly against your position.

PS I don't want to sound like I am completely against LO's. They have to deal with a lot of crap from trespassing, etc. and I feel for a guy that own's a bunch of land and can't get a tag. I'm not for leveraging our public resource(wildlife) for them to simply increase profit. I am willing to make a reasonable compromise to exchange habitat and access for tags. Emphasis on "reasonable".

>Unlike some, I am not opposed
>to Governor's tags. I
>don't have a jealousy and
>hatred for those who have
>worked hard to be successful
>and wealthy. I hope
>someday that I can be
>one of those people, unlike
>the "haters" who are influenced
>by the current administration of
>this country to think that
>they deserve the same and
>should benefit from others hard
>work and success. Giving
>up a few tags isn't
>a problem for me in
>exchange for the silly amount
>of dollars that the Gov.
>tag programs bring state wildlife
>agencies. Ultimately, that defrays
>costs for the rest of
>us.
>I'm also a believer that if
>someone owns a substantial amount
>of land with game that
>resides or spends a lot
>of time on it should
>have the opportunity to hunt
>it, protect it, and benefit
>from it. In
>reality, I think those tags
>should come from either the
>Resident or NR pool, depending
>on whether the landowner is
>a resident of NR.
>This is how other states
>do it.

Apparently you know more about whats good for Idaho's game population and managmet agency than all of the members of our fish and game commission.
Have you ever considered running to be a state Rep?
Justin

>PS I don't want to
>sound like I am completely
>against LO's. They have
>to deal with a lot
>of crap from trespassing, etc.
>and I feel for a
>guy that own's a bunch
>of land and can't get
>a tag. I'm not
>for leveraging our public resource(wildlife)
>for them to simply increase
>profit. I am willing
>to make a reasonable compromise
>to exchange habitat and access
>for tags. Emphasis on "reasonable".
>

I feel the same. The problem I see is... If a reasonable bill that accomplished this was introduced. What would our Reps do to it before it was passed?
Snakes don't understand reasonable!

Let's face it the only thing that has needed amended lately is the influence lobbyists have on politics.

Justin

BPK and Elkmagnet pretty much echo's the sentiment of all of the residents that i hunt with,and of the SCIENTIFIC data that the Commission and IGFG have proposed.Even the out of state residents don't agree with a Bonus system! A proposal that is being floated around the legislature is to give a Bonus point system,but to take it out of the non resident pool,much like Wyoming does. It would basically have no effect on resident draw odds,and create an added "POOL OF MONEY" for the IDFG. That's probably not what guys like Quack Head wants to see. LOL The term SELFISH &SELF CENTERED comes to mind when some one from California always wants Idaho to conform to what they think is best for our state!!

Should landowners be able to hunt their property when it supports wildlife populations?

Yes, that is why w have a Landowner Appreciation Program (LAP). This program allows landowners that meet certain criteria to apply for tags from a much smaller pool than the general public with much higher odds, most landowners get a tag every year or at least every other year. They have no waiting period after drawing a tag and they can use their tag unit wide. I think this program does an excellent job of giving opportunity to landowners. What they pushed for last year, and are lobbying for in the legislature now is the ability to have guaranteed tags every year and the ability to sell those tags.

This proves that they are not motivated by the genuine desire to hunt the animals on their land (which we can all understand)but by greed. And they cannot argue that they need to sell tags to compensate for depredation because other programs exist by which they receive compensation for those losses.

Even if residents of other states are happy with their Bonus Point system, the residents of Idaho do not want a points system.

I am always a amused by the NR hunters I meet who bash the hunting in Idaho and expound the virtues of their state only to tell me they are hunting in Idaho because they didn't draw a tag at home. A lot of good their points system is doing them.

>I think it's funny how guys
>on hear wine about not
>being able to hunt and
>only drawing a tag once
>in forever if idaho went
>to a points system, there
>isn't a state out west
>that uses a points system
>that you couldn't draw a
>deer tag every year in
>some unit. If you are
>in it just to go
>hunt deer there will be
>units you can draw and
>hunt every year with a
>points system, points will just
>help the guys that actually
>want to work towards a
>chance to hunt some of
>the better units, instead of
>the ridiculous odds you have
>now. Bottom line is points
>are fair, everyone has a
>chance to accumulate them, and
>eventually it gives everyone a
>progressive chance to draw. I'm
>surprised so many are against
>them.
Residents and non residents can hunt deer every year with over the counter tags in units just as good as the units in other states that require low points all of this while applying for dream hunts through the draw.

So why do we need points?
They only work in the easy to draw units. if you want to hunt in one of those buy a tag and go hunting. In the hard to draw units BP's are an absolute mess. look at Montanas moose sheep and goat draw it's laughable, having 10 or 20 points statistically makes little to no difference. It just doesn't work.

lots of other states that have points systems would like to get out of them but they can't because then the people would see them for the Ponzi schemes they are when they collapse.

The internet is full of threads about point creep written by unhappily applicants who are seeing the light.
Justin

While I have many relatives who ranch and the respect the rights of property owners I do not believe they should entitled to a special right to the wildlife which is owned and managed by the people and for the people. It is ironic that landowners always think the public is entitled to access to hunting but yet believe they too are entitled to something. What ever happened to compromise and public interest in this country.

Mallard (dave castro) is so wrong-headed it defies logic. The guy is a walking contradiction.

Make no mistake this guy and others with his philosophy are the enemy.

Let's shut 'em down...

the artist formerly known as "gemstatejake".

Really gemstateeinstein? Show me where I contradict myself? You guys are the ones throwing misinformation around and calling it "fact." You keep claiming that the residents of ID don't want a BP system and yet more than 50% have voted that they do and the only reason more NR's aren't chiming in in support here is because it's the ID state forum and they aren't viewing the silly rant by you and your buddies.
The reason I am not opposed to Auction tags is not because it's gonna make it cheaper for me. I'm not opposed to them because it helps wildlife. If some guy with deep pockets wants to throw away hundreds of thousands of dollars for a sheep tag and that money directly benefits wildlife and is not detrimental to hunting, why wouldn't anyone support it? I'll tell you why. Because selfish, self-centered residents see those game as their OWN and hate the fact that someone else gets to come hunt them because they worked hard, paid a helluva lot of taxes over the years that did way more for wildlife and wildlife programs than they ever did, and are willing to donate that hard-earned money to have access to an animal. It's not something I would do but I'm not a hater like the rest of you.
As for landowners, your argument borders on absurd. So now, are you going to prevent landowners from leasing their land for hunting too because that benefits them financially? In a sense, that's the same as selling their tags. I guess we shouldn't allow them to sell their water, minerals, or natural gas either because somehow, you'd claim that belongs to you too because you have a mailbox somewhere in the state. You guys are unbelievable. Somehow, you think that because you have a mailbox and an apartment somewhere in the state of ID that you OWN the game that resides in every part of the state, including that on private property.
You're wrong. It's actually guys like you who are the enemy. Your attitude is what divides hunters as a group and prevents effective legislation that is fair and beneficial for us all.
Tell me something, Einstein...why do you think the majority of the western states have implemented a points program of one kind or another? To screw guys like you? While a noble possibility, my guess would be "no." It's because it institutes an element of fairness into the system and also generates additional funding for their programs. Now, perhaps you'd like to explain why you're opposed to fairness and financially supporting wildlife management.

The name calling and bickering needs to stop it gives us all a black eye. personaly I could go either way on these issues. Hunted all over the west on a blue collar income and I have family out of state I hunt with most years. I have in the past and currently use other states BP programs as well as refuse to use others. I spoke with fish and game this year and last year at sportsman show in boise. One take away was that landowners have a loud voice and a listening ear with f&g their hands are tied and they cannot ignore landowners concerns, complaints, and request. I thought they did a good job in mitigating the 39 late season and blacks creek mess last year. Granted there not going to get landowners to open all there land to everyone but, at least they didn't hack up the late archery season just because landowners wanted cow hunts. The bigger issue is the process the legislature is saying sportsman aren't the only voice on these issues! The trophy regs are already out BP systems are complex I don't see anyway were stuck with one this year. This site has a lot of F&G haters and doubters. I don't agree with ever decision they make but overwhelming support the effort they put in to managing Idaho wildlife. These issues may not be what you and your family and friends want. Arguing that on this site with individuals who do want them will do little to effect the out come. There are avenues to make your voice heard. It's in every ones best interest to acknowledge the role of landowners , F&G, NR, meat hunters, and trophy hunters as well. Alright enough said please don't beat me up to bad for post!

Boise-Good post and I agree with about the bickering. However, I believe this has been a good thread and has created discussion. This thread has now got me involved game and fish management as I have been on the sidelines.
I particularly believe voters need to be active and informed of what will happen with the LAP program. I am willing to compromise but I believe allowing the landowner to sell the tag benefits very few accept the landowner and is a slippery slope to start in fish and game management.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-15 AT 12:07PM (MST)[p]>Really gemstateeinstein? Show me where
>I contradict myself?

For one you have said that a bp system wouldn't affect drawing odds. Then you said res hunters don't want a bp system because more non res will apply if we have one.

You
>guys are the ones throwing
>misinformation around and calling it
>"fact." You keep claiming
>that the residents of ID
>don't want a BP system
>and yet more than 50%
>have voted that they do
>and the only reason more
>NR's aren't chiming in in
>support here is because it's
>the ID state forum and
>they aren't viewing the silly
>rant by you and your
>buddies.

>The reason I am not opposed
>to Auction tags is not
>because it's gonna make it
>cheaper for me. I'm
>not opposed to them because
>it helps wildlife. If
>some guy with deep pockets
>wants to throw away hundreds
>of thousands of dollars for
>a sheep tag and that
>money directly benefits wildlife and
>is not detrimental to hunting,
>why wouldn't anyone support it?

Because it shouldn't matter how deep your pockets are everyone should participate in the same system.

> I'll tell you why.
> Because selfish, self-centered residents
>see those game as their
>OWN

It is, the wildlife is entrusted to the people of the state.

and hate the fact
>that someone else gets to
>come hunt them because they
>worked hard, paid a helluva
>lot of taxes over the
>years that did way more
>for wildlife and wildlife programs
>than they ever did, and
>are willing to donate that
>hard-earned money to have access
>to an animal. It's
>not something I would do
>but I'm not a hater
>like the rest of you.

I don't hate rich people I just don't think trophy by auction is right for Idaho because its a slippery slope that you are trusting the legislature to regulate. Bad idea!

>
>As for landowners, your argument borders
>on absurd. So now,
>are you going to prevent
>landowners from leasing their land
>for hunting too because that
>benefits them financially? In
>a sense, that's the same
>as selling their tags.

You are still confused on who the wildlife belongs to. Wildlife DOES NOT belong to landowners. It belongs to the people of the state. The landowners knew this when they purchased or received the land.

>I guess we shouldn't allow
>them to sell their water,
>minerals, or natural gas either
>because somehow, you'd claim that
>belongs to you too because
>you have a mailbox somewhere
>in the state.

This is a totaly different subject with different laws governing it.

You
>guys are unbelievable. Somehow,
>you think that because you
>have a mailbox and an
>apartment somewhere in the state
>of ID that you OWN
>the game that resides in
>every part of the state,
>including that on private property.

That's the LAW as it is written!

>
>You're wrong. It's actually guys
>like you who are the
>enemy. Your attitude is
>what divides hunters as a
>group and prevents effective legislation
>that is fair and beneficial
>for us all.

More misinformed dribble...

>Tell me something, Einstein...why do you
>think the majority of the
>western states have implemented a
>points program of one kind
>or another? To screw
>guys like you? While
>a noble possibility, my guess
>would be "no." It's
>because it institutes an element
>of fairness into the system
>and also generates additional funding
>for their programs. Now,
>perhaps you'd like to explain
>why you're opposed to fairness
>and financially supporting wildlife management.

Two wards... Pressure and money!

IDF&g sat back and watched other states implement point systems and how they worked in real life and didn't like what the saw. So they decided it wasn't right for Idaho.

A lot of states have caved to the pressure of misinformed hunters such as your self.

None of your arguments even address the problem of the legislature thinking it knows how to manage wildlife better than our game department who happens to focus on the management of wildlife?!?!

Justin

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-15 AT 12:16PM (MST)[p]Elkmagnet slaps dave the mallard man so hard gemstate doesn't even need to get off the couch!
Read Elkmagnet's post dave, then re-read it, then consider yourself educated. Then make your plans to collect a point in colovadazonafornia!
How much does your taxidermist charge to stuff those points? I'll bet you've got an impressive collection!

No point in any more discussion with a wanker like dave. He's a pathetic, angry little fella whos opinion matters less than not at all. Wants to project blame on Idaho hunters for the fact he can't do $hit.

Being called names doesn't bother me one bit. The only name being done a disservice here is "hunter" when the term is applied to dave. There are many other names that describe dave with much greater accuracy. I'll leave it to you guys to figure those out...
;)

You know I was once an advocate for bonus points. I know the frustration of the draw system. When I was in my mid twenties I had little knowledge of how they affected draw odds for youth, or me, or overall applications the first year, or any of the negative things that points inherently bring with them. All I knew was that I had lived in Owyhee county my whole life. I had applied for deer, elk and pronghorn for 15 years in unit 40 and never drawn a tag. It was frustrating to say the least. It was hard to see the well off hunters buy lap tags for 5-10k and hunt every year it was hard to see my coworker draw a 40 deer tag on his first year ever applying for anything. I was frustrated and I wanted MY chance. It wasn't fair!
But then I started talking to a lot of hunters who apply in a lot of states. Not just weekend warriors on bar stools but hard core knowledgeable hunters the type who could recite dawing odds for random units in random States off the top of their heads. They sparked my interest so I researching other states and what happened when they adopted point systems. Over the years I watched more states convert and talked to more hunters. I talked to countless f&g emplyees. I still read ever thread i can find about point systems even if i dont apply for the state. I spent three hours on the phone one February day with the local f&g bio for owyhee county when we were done I had multiple pages of notes and a real respect for their grasp on points systems. Over the years my position on bp systems has changed 180? I no longer think bps will help anything at all or perhaps I'm less of a selfish @$$. Really I think both had to change for me to see the light.

After 18 years of apps I still have never had the privilege to hunt 40 and I don't think I ever will because I quit applying for 40 a while back but I love seeing kids get to do what I never did.
I have drawn some easier tags and made the most of my over the counter opportunities in the form of a lot of great memories.

I'm not willing to lose what we have because you think you have an idea that will make life fair!
Guess what, life isn't fair!
Justin

This may be selfish on my part but the biggest reason I am against a point system in idaho is the trophy species draw odds and what it would mean for them. Idaho is one of the few states where a person can realistically expect to draw all 3 trophy species tags before they need a day pass from the nursing home to hunt. Since i grew up there and I am familiar, I'll use WA as an example. Say you are a 10-12 year old who just passed hunters ed class. Welcome to the world of special permit apps where max point holders are at 20+ points. There are still hundreds of max point holders chasing "quality" deer and elk tags not to mention the thousands holding max points on sheep, goat and moose and the other 10's of thousands of applicants who are ahead of you. Yea most of them will die of old age or quit applying due to inability to hunt long before they will ever draw so at some point that 10 year old kid may be a max point holder but not until he is in his 80's.

Well said boise. But allow me to point out gemstatejackoff's and ID_Elkmagnet's incorrect claims.(sorry for the name calling. Immature crybabies tend to bring that out in me)

Correction #1.
First, I never said having a BP would system would bring more NR's into the drawing. I said THAT is what you guys fear. Whether that would happen is speculation. And without additional hunters in the system, BP's DO NOT affect drawing odds.

Correction #2.
You said it shouldn't matter how deep your pockets are, everyone should participate in the same system. Everyone DOES participate in the same system. If F&W decides to allocate a few extra tags for auction, you and anyone else is welcome to bid on those tags as well. Allocation of these tags doesn't impact the tag allocation, drawing, or any other aspect of the normal hunt system.

Correction #3.
The wildlife does not belong to the people of the STATE. The wildlife belongs to the PUBLIC. That includes both residents and nonresidents. The state is entrusted to MANAGE the wildlife.

Finally, and I never thought I'd say this because I'm opposed to just about everything in politics, but I'm starting to think the Legislators and politicians DO know more than the sportsmen of your state and I can understand where they're coming from when the say they don't care what sportsmen want. With guys like Justin and Jake as representatives, why wouldn't they say that?

The internet grab-ass is over. Nothing more to be said. It's clear who lines up where in this debate. Politicians/lobbyists/big-money interests vs. Idaho Sportsmen. The issue is out there, contact info provided.

Make the calls and send the emails (get as many involved as you can) and let the chips fall where they may.

>Well said boise. But allow
>me to point out gemstatejackoff's
>and ID_Elkmagnet's incorrect claims.(sorry for
>the name calling. Immature
>crybabies tend to bring that
>out in me)
>
>Correction #1.
>First, I never said having a
>BP would system would bring
>more NR's into the drawing.
> I said THAT is
>what you guys fear.
>Whether that would happen is
>speculation. And without additional
>hunters in the system, BP's
>DO NOT affect drawing odds.

It's more than mere speculation it's what has happened in all of the other states that have implemented a bp system it happen for residents and non-residents alike.

It will happen if bps are implemented.
>
>
>Correction #2.
>You said it shouldn't matter how
>deep your pockets are, everyone
>should participate in the same
>system. Everyone DOES participate
>in the same system.
>If F&W decides to allocate
>a few extra tags for
>auction, you and anyone else
>is welcome to bid on
>those tags as well.
>Allocation of these tags doesn't
>impact the tag allocation, drawing,
>or any other aspect of
>the normal hunt system.

Is this a real reply?

>
>Correction #3.
>The wildlife does not belong to
>the people of the STATE.
> The wildlife belongs to
>the PUBLIC. That includes
>both residents and nonresidents.
>The state is entrusted to
>MANAGE the wildlife.

From the the Wildlife Trust doctine a branch of the public trust doctrine

The public trust doctrine has roots in ancient Roman and English common law, but its application to wildlife in the United States dates to the late 19th century. In an 1896 case, Geer vs. Connecticut, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the wildlife trust doctrine imposed on states a duty ?to enact such laws as will best preserve the subject of the trust and secure its beneficial use in the future to the people of the state.?

>
>Finally, and I never thought I'd
>say this because I'm opposed
>to just about everything in
>politics, but I'm starting to
>think the Legislators and politicians
>DO know more than the
>sportsmen of your state and
>I can understand where they're
>coming from when the say
>they don't care what sportsmen
>want. With guys like
>Justin and Jake as representatives,
>why wouldn't they say that?
>
You are only saying that because they align with what you want.

Justin

Fair:

Just, equitable, impartial, unbiased, dispassionate, objective. Free from favor toward either or any side. Fair implies a proper balance of conflicting interests <a fair decision>.

Which system does this best describe?

A remedial english course would do dave and his credibility wonders.

Stay in chico dummy.

WOW talk about a long winded back & forth topic here is my suggestion ALL OF US THAT HAVE MENTIONED OUR LIKES & DISLIKES NEED TO MAKE SURE THE FRICKING "IDIOTS" THAT ARE PUSHING THIS GET "SHUT DOWN" NOW !!!!!! ALL THIS KEYBOARDING IS EXPRESSING LOTS OF IDEAS BUT MY BET IS F&G & OUR LOCAL POLITICANS ARE NOT ON LINE READING ANY OF THIS !!!! THE MEETINGS THEY HAVE IS WHERE THIS NEED BROUGHT UP !!!

>Because they institute a level of
>FAIRNESS into the system.

That's absolute BS.

Fair ; Adverb
Without cheating or trying to achieve unjust advantage:

A system that gives everyone the same chance every time is fair. A system that appears to create an advantage based on a previous activity excluding those who were ineligible in previous years is not fair in any way. Points are like participation ribbons for the losers. How would this system work in any other situation:

NFL- every team in the league gets to keep last year's points and use them this year except the Patriots because they won so they have to start over.

Powerball- Congratulations to another 98 year old winner who was able to compile enough points to win the jackpot. To bad they will have a hard time enjoying it.

Grade School- Sorry kindergarteners you weren't here last year so you have to go too lunch last and hope there is something left over. After all some of these kids have been here for years.

Conservation fund raisers- Make sure to buy your raffle tickets this year. Jim over there has 10,000 stocked up from years past but hey you still have a minuscule chance to win... maybe.

Facebook Giveaways- This time we are giving away a Kifaru pack worth $9000 like and share this post. Fans with 5000 previous likes and shares have a 1 in 234 chance of winning while everyone else is just liking for points.

Politics- Congratulations Ron Paul you are the new president of the United States. You didn't get the most votes in any election but you got to roll them over every time you lost.

Employment- GM has announced its new president it's a guy who spent the last 50 years putting on hubcaps. He has no qualifications but he's got the most points.

Points are Fair- what a joke

I sent emails to all of the individuals named below last week (listed in post 90 of this thread). I have not gotten ANY response from ANY of these people. Marc Gibbs is one of my Reps too. I have never experienced the kind of deafening response as I have in this years legislative session! Their secretive, back-room-dealing method of legislating is disturbing.

Any one else received a response from any of the fellows?

House side

Scott Bedke; 208-332-1111 [email protected]
Dell Raybould; 208-332-1173 [email protected]
Terry Gestrin; 208-332-1124 [email protected]
Mike Moyle; 3208-332-1120 [email protected]
Marc Gibbs; 208-332-1042 [email protected]

Senate Side

Steve Bair; 208-332-1385 [email protected]
Bert Brackett; 208-332-1336 [email protected]
Jeff Siddoway; 208-332-1342 [email protected]

The Governor?s office should be included on all of this as well.
http://gov.idaho.gov/ourgov/contact.html

>I sent emails to all of
>the individuals named below last
>week (listed in post 90
>of this thread). I have
>not gotten ANY response from
>ANY of these people. Marc
>Gibbs is one of my
>Reps too. I have never
>experienced the kind of deafening
>response as I have in
>this years legislative session! Their
>secretive, back-room-dealing method of legislating
>is disturbing.
>
>Any one else received a response
>from any of the fellows?
>
>
>
>House side
>
>Scott Bedke; 208-332-1111 [email protected]
>Dell Raybould; 208-332-1173 [email protected]
>Terry Gestrin; 208-332-1124 [email protected]
>Mike Moyle; 3208-332-1120 [email protected]
>Marc Gibbs; 208-332-1042 [email protected]
>
>Senate Side
>
>Steve Bair; 208-332-1385 [email protected]
>Bert Brackett; 208-332-1336 [email protected]
>Jeff Siddoway; 208-332-1342 [email protected]
>
>The Governor?s office should be included
>on all of this as
>well.
>http://gov.idaho.gov/ourgov/contact.html

I also sent an email last week. Gestrin is my rep. NOTHING...

>>I sent emails to all of
>>the individuals named below last
>>week (listed in post 90
>>of this thread). I have
>>not gotten ANY response from
>>ANY of these people. Marc
>>Gibbs is one of my
>>Reps too. I have never
>>experienced the kind of deafening
>>response as I have in
>>this years legislative session! Their
>>secretive, back-room-dealing method of legislating
>>is disturbing.
>>
>>Any one else received a response
>>from any of the fellows?
>>
>>
>>
>>House side
>>
>>Scott Bedke; 208-332-1111 [email protected]
>>Dell Raybould; 208-332-1173 [email protected]
>>Terry Gestrin; 208-332-1124 [email protected]
>>Mike Moyle; 3208-332-1120 [email protected]
>>Marc Gibbs; 208-332-1042 [email protected]
>>
>>Senate Side
>>
>>Steve Bair; 208-332-1385 [email protected]
>>Bert Brackett; 208-332-1336 [email protected]
>>Jeff Siddoway; 208-332-1342 [email protected]
>>
>>The Governor?s office should be included
>>on all of this as
>>well.
>>http://gov.idaho.gov/ourgov/contact.html
>
>I also sent an email last
>week. Gestrin is my
>rep. NOTHING...

Crickets!

Justin

To my friends to the North-

I am lifelong resident of the State of Utah, and I hunt and apply for tags all over the west. I would be thrilled if Utah implemented the system that Idaho currently has (no points, no landowner tags, no governors tags). Mark my words, once you go down this road and the F&G, the landowners and the conservation groups get addicted to the money, there will be no turning back. If I were you, I would fight tooth and nail to maintain Idaho's current system and avoid the cancer that many refer to as the "Utah Model." Good luck!

Hawkeye

"The professional market hunter . . . and the rich people who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions - these are the men who are the real enemies of game."
Theodore Roosevelt

As a nonresident who is very much in love with Idaho and it's hunting grounds I have to say that a BP system would be disastrous. Anyone who says a BP system would make it more fair is crazy. How much fairer can it be to have the EXACT same odds as evey other applicant? And it keeps the odds of drawing higher by keeping those out who are only interested in point banking for that one or two hunts in a lifetime, out of the draw pool.

New hunters will always be at a disadvantage just because they were not in it on the ground floor.

This arguing and name calling is childish and unnecessary. We are all entitled to our opinions. State yours and move on. All of this other BS is a waste of time.

Mike Henne

ID Elkmagnet, I too sent my opinion to them and have heard no response. Hope there are enough of us put a bug in their ear and they choose for the better good of Idaho's wildlife. I am pleased to hear from people who actually deal with points system and landowner / governor tags that they are not all they are cracked up to be. Thank you for your input.

Thanks,

Funny. I sent emails to them and got quite a few responses. Perhaps, it was because of the respectful and insightful way it was written, rather than just slinging lies, fallacies and personal attacks. In addition to instituting fairness into the system and I won't explain statistics again for those who can't seem to grasp it based on lack of intelligence, the other thing that BP's do is allow for hunters who apply in many western states to plan their hunts.
If every state had a system like ID, you'd have to apply in every random draw every year. One year, you might draw 2 conflicting hunts. The next year, you might draw none. Having a point system allows one to "bank" points, foregoing drawing a tag for several states while cashing in for one state and having a quality hunt.
Don't bother replying GSNJackoff. It's time for you mom to drop you off at kindergarten.

Mallard,

Your implication is that for the several of us who have not heard boo back from these legislators it is because we were not "respectful and insightful" and were "slinging lies, fallacies and personal attacks". That is quite accusatory and childish. While I can't speak for others, my emails were in fact polite and respectful. I suspect you received a response because you agreed with their agenda to overturn the will of the hunters in Idaho and their duly appointed Idaho Fish and Game Commission. It is easier for them to respond to a like minded constituent than one with whom they disagree.

>Funny. I sent emails to
>them and got quite a
>few responses. Perhaps, it
>was because of the respectful
>and insightful way it was
>written, rather than just slinging
>lies, fallacies and personal attacks.
> In addition to instituting
>fairness into the system and
>I won't explain statistics again
>for those who can't seem
>to grasp it based on
>lack of intelligence, the other
>thing that BP's do is
>allow for hunters who apply
>in many western states to
>plan their hunts.
>If every state had a system
>like ID, you'd have to
>apply in every random draw
>every year. One year,
>you might draw 2 conflicting
>hunts. The next year,
>you might draw none.
>Having a point system allows
>one to "bank" points, foregoing
>drawing a tag for several
>states while cashing in for
>one state and having a
>quality hunt.
>Don't bother replying GSNJackoff. It's
>time for you mom to
>drop you off at kindergarten.
>
Another lame excuse for bonus points. Here's a thought, if you don't draw a controlled hunt,just by a general tag,and you can still hunt!.In fact you can hunt EVERY YEAR IN IDAHO! So your'e point about being able to plan a hunt could still be true. But you don't want to hear that,probably because you are stuck in your'e self centered thinking!.Big article in The Statesman today,stating that the F&G, and the Commission are totally against the bill as it is written,and that it looks to be shelved until 2016..

>Funny. I sent emails to
>them and got quite a
>to grasp it based on
>thing that BP's do is
>plan their hunts.
>like ID, you'd have to
>every year. One year,
>hunts. The next year,
>you might draw none.
>one state and having a
>quality hunt.
>time for you mom to
>

Please copy and paste the responses, including the Representative's name.

WOW Mallard your a real piece of work !!! U keep sending emails & keep agreeing with these Idiots pretty clear there is a reason why they replied to U !! its pretty clear us Idaho boys have it pretty damn good !! we don't have & will NOT have a BP system like most of the other western states !! I put in every year for select tags & have not drawn a tag in 13 years & that SUCKS But By God I get too hunt all the same animals I apply for EVERY SINGLE YEAR !!! I know a lot of people that have been putting in for years & years & years in states that HAVE your Precious BP systems & they STILL DONT DRAW TAGS one of my buddies has had MAX points for Utah for over 10 years & STILL has NOT drawn a ELK tag !! WOW now that is something too BRAG about & try to push on Idaho well "Duck Ass" U keep pushing for that BP system & sending emails & pen pal requests & maybe these Idaho politicians pushing for this waste of time BP system will let U be their MASCOT !!!!

>>Funny. I sent emails to
>>them and got quite a
>>few responses. Perhaps, it
>>was because of the respectful
>>and insightful way it was
>>written, rather than just slinging
>>lies, fallacies and personal attacks.
>> In addition to instituting
>>fairness into the system and
>>I won't explain statistics again
>>for those who can't seem
>>to grasp it based on
>>lack of intelligence, the other
>>thing that BP's do is
>>allow for hunters who apply
>>in many western states to
>>plan their hunts.
>>If every state had a system
>>like ID, you'd have to
>>apply in every random draw
>>every year. One year,
>>you might draw 2 conflicting
>>hunts. The next year,
>>you might draw none.
>>Having a point system allows
>>one to "bank" points, foregoing
>>drawing a tag for several
>>states while cashing in for
>>one state and having a
>>quality hunt.
>>Don't bother replying GSNJackoff. It's
>>time for you mom to
>>drop you off at kindergarten.
>>
>
>Please copy and paste the responses,
>including the Representative's name.

I kind of think he's full of it.

Justin

Info from brymoore
That I trust to be true-

Idaho's majority leader has taken this bill out of House Resource committee (it might have stalled there) to the Ways and Means Committee for a quick vote. The chairman of W&M is supporting the bill.

Idaho F&G and Idaho Fish and Game Commission oppose the add-ons to HB 32.If they pass the bill with add-ons, Bonus Points will happen in Idaho, Land Owner Tags can be sold and Governor Tags will be sold.

HELP Idaho Sportsmen by sending an email in opposition to Idaho's House Ways and Means Commission.

Christy Perry [email protected]
Mike Moyle [email protected]
Brent Crane [email protected]
John Vander Woude [email protected]
John Rusche [email protected]
Mat Erpelding [email protected]
Donna Pence [email protected] Gov.
Butch Otter [email protected]

They are banking on us being too lazy to have our voices heard to another committee.

DON'T BE LAZY MAKE YOU VOICE HEARD NOW!

Justin

Just e-mailed all reps on the "ways and means" committee that I do not support HB32 add-ons and a e-mail to my local F&W commissioner supporting them. Thank you Justin for keeping us updated.

Mallard,

One of the reasons that Idaho's controlled hunt drawings are so late in the year is so that NR who didn't draw in other states can apply. So your arguement that hunt planning is difficult because you don't know if you'll draw is moot. By the time NR apply in Idaho they already know what tags they have in other states.

I think the majority of IDAHOANS are against this. It is just a matter of whether they make there voice heard of not.

I wonder if any of these politicians are receiving any advice, assistance, or money from the Sportsmens for Fish and Wildlife Organization. I have no doubt they would be in support of this.

Just sent my emails and sent a message asking the Idaho Big Buck and Bulls Facebook page to make a post educating their followers and listing contact information for the committee.

Mallard

341760139285.jpg

RE: Mallard

After receiving an email from the Fish and Game commission today I sent an email to each member of the Ways and Means committee and voiced my opposition to the HB 32 add ons, I hate the thought of having bonus points part of hunting in Idaho
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

>Funny. I sent emails to
>them and got quite a
>to grasp it based on
>thing that BP's do is
>plan their hunts.
>like ID, you'd have to
>every year. One year,
>hunts. The next year,
>you might draw none.
>one state and having a
>quality hunt.
>time for you mom to
>

I have a quality hunt every year, $hit for brains. Shoot me your email and I'll flood your inbox with more "grip and grin" pics than your moms old desk top can handle.
Feel free to hang a few up on your ol' trophy wall. Your wife will thank you...;)

I got a better idea. Why don't you hand-deliver them. Then I can show you what a worthless tool you are. I didn't realize ID was such a liberal state. All the arguments against this legislation is typical liberal argumentative style. Make up lies, launch personal attacks and shift the argument when the facts don't come close to supporting your agenda. I'm done here. Clearly, you guys have your agenda and refuse to acknowledge facts. I will spend my time more wisely by sending e-mails to ID politicians. Ironically, I probably never would have done this until you crybabies prompted me to do so with your childish rants.

It's hilarious how I lord over you on this thread....;)
Been a while since I owned someone so completely!

Stay in Chico Dave!

>I got a better idea.
>Why don't you hand-deliver them.
> Then I can show
>you what a worthless tool
>you are. I didn't
>realize ID was such a
>liberal state. All the
>arguments against this legislation is
>typical liberal argumentative style.
>Make up lies, launch personal
>attacks and shift the argument
>when the facts don't come
>close to supporting your agenda.
> I'm done here.
>Clearly, you guys have your
>agenda and refuse to acknowledge
>facts. I will spend
>my time more wisely by
>sending e-mails to ID politicians.
> Ironically, I probably never
>would have done this until
>you crybabies prompted me to
>do so with your childish
>rants.

Hey Dave thanks for linking other people to this thread. The more people who see through your arguments the better.

Still would love to see those emails you are receiving from your rich landowner buddies in the legislature.
I mean, unless, you were lying?

Justin

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-15 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p]HEY lets ALL give Old Dip S%@T Duck a round of applause he finally said something of real USE " HES DONE " thanks Duck for all your worthless info You really should see if PETA is looking for a new spokes person They like intelligent minded people like U OH & a BIG OLD IDAHO Baaaaa BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Duck Boy, looking forward to your'e RANTS next year when and if this topic comes up again. You might want to change your'e name though to CRYBABY, WHINER, SELF CENTERED,EGOCENTRIC, LONER, NO FACTS JUST MADE UP B.S., ETC. Oh and while your'e writing Idaho's legislatures, make sure you give them your'e address for a real laugh!!!

Mallards while a BP system over an infinite amount of time will make a draw system fairer none of us have infinite time on this earth. The problem we are facing is a limited resource(tags) with a demand that far outweighs supply. The biggest complaint of the BP crowd is that some people draw more than their "fair share", and while on rare occasions a few individuals may buck the trend that doesn't mean that we should saddle future generations and new hunters with a broken draw model that will never help them. Keep building points in other states mallards and I'll keep hunting every year here in idaho.

Here's a response to an email my father sent. According to her the bill is likely to pass through ways & means. Keep the pressure on more calls and emails directed towards the ways & means commitee and our governor.

H32 is being held and a new bill written which will attached those things you railed against. It will likely go through the Ways and Means Committee this late in the session. This committee is made up of Minority and Majority Leaders of the House and the committee chairman. The Minority Leadership will be against this move but the vote will be 4-3. When this gets to the floor I see few republicans courageous enough to vote against their leadership.

I will oppose it, but you have done what you need to by writing to your legislators and the body as a whole. Urge other to do the same to keep pressure on them. Thank you for siding with the wildlife of Idaho.

Sincerely,

Donna

Representative Donna Pence

Minority Caucus Chairman

Idaho Legislature

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom