Hatch chili recipe

Thanks Outdoorwriter ! I actually bookmarked that page about an hour ago. They must be good then. I made Quesadillas with them after seeding and used 4 cheese Mexican blend. They were amazing Quesadillas. I will try tbe pork chile verde tomorrow.

20210820_202402.jpg
20210820_205228.jpg

I went back and bought some already roasted today. The guy uses a rotisserie BBQ with 4 flamethrowers, lol. It works better to cook hot and keep them tumbling quickly.

Colorado Green Chile: the very best use of Hatch or Pueblo roasted chiles. Recipe: it tastes different every time (always good)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 quarts of chopped green chilies
2-2 1/2 lbs pork loin
1 huge or 2 chopped onions
4 large cloves garlic chopped
regular olive oil to sauté pork and onions
1 tbl cumin
1 tbl mex. oregano
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp grad coriander
2 15 oz cans chopped tomatoes
2 tsp salt
1 32 oz box chicken broth
+ 1 15 oz chicken broth
1 15 oz can water
1 tbl sugar

To do:
Cube pork to 1/2 to 3/4 “ cubes (or whatever), combine with flour and shake in plastic/ paper bag. Brown pork in batches and remove. Sauté onions until softened. Add oil as needed. Add garlic for about 1 minute. Add back pork. Add chopped green chile. Add tomatoes. Add spices. Add chicken broth and water. Add sugar.
Bring to boil and lower heat to a simmer. Simmer for 2 hours if you can wait that long. Play with the recipe and make it your own. I use 1 qt medium chiles and 1/2 qt hot chiles. Every year the chiles are different. Find your level of heat. Enjoy the burn and flavor. Most may say no sugar, I like it. It’s like adding sugar to Italian tomato sauce.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom