Hungry Man Breakfast

Blank

Long Time Member
Eggs and bacon. Sliced up and parboiled some Idaho spuds, then fried them in bacon grease, season salt and pepper. It was a 3 coffee meal!!

IMG_5010.jpeg

IMG_5011.jpeg

Nostalgic. Looks like a farm meal from the 50s. Eaten after the cows have been milked, dams been reset, and the horses feed.

I spent every summer on the farm from when I was about 8, until 15 years old. Up at 0600, chores finished and filling the woodbox for GrandMa, and breakfast at 0800. Only difference was Sunday, when we had from 0900-1000 to get ready for Church!!! :)

I spent every summer on the farm from when I was about 8, until 15 years old. Up at 0600, chores finished and filling the woodbox for GrandMa, and breakfast at 0800. Only difference was Sunday, when we had from 0900-1000 to get ready for Church!!! :)
Sure glad I got to live that life style Blank. It really is unfortunate every person couldn’t have those experiences in their lives. Summer days started really early and lasted until the last cow was milked at night. Sundays were days off……… but the cows still needed milking, the dams still needed to be moved and the horses still got feed……… ???

Kinda funny when I think back on it. My grandpa wanted to buy her a new electric stove, but passed away before he got it. My uncle bought her one a couple years later, but he had to put it next to the old burner. She lived for another 20+ years, and I think she only used the range to keep stuff warm, after cooking on the original.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom