Hyde park buck update with pic?

Ok time to chime in. photo properties on a computer are not hard to change. Or even setting a date back on a camera so the encryption code reads an earlier date than the day it was taken. Facts are it can be done. It's not that hard. If you need proof I can send anyone here willing to check the encryption of a photo with a date set for April of 2017. or how about I take a picture back in the old west with a date of 1805!
The last day of the hunt the deer was bedded across from the church in the hay field. I was not present for this occurrence but a credible good friend of mine was there until 6:00 that night watching him! Two days after the hunt ended he was seen alive and well! I was on the phone with a friend of mine telling me he had made it through the hunt and that I should come see him hanging out a block away from where he was the last night of the hunt. I got there just after the deer had wondered elsewhere.
I personally know that this deer was alive and well after the hunt ended. Besides this factor, the deer would have had to moved all the way up to the mountain anyway to make it a legal kill. All the land up to the base of the mountain is private property and without written permission to hunt there it would STILL be deemed an illegal kill! So try to tell me the deer went from a field in the middle of town clear up to the "actual" legal public hunting grounds more than a mile away, I call some serious bull sh1t! The deer disappears at the earliest, two days after the hunt ended and doesn't resurface untill all time based evidence has expired. Obviously this moron has some close friends willing to blindly follow the word of a liar and vouch for him when they weren't even present for the kill!
I only wish credible testimony from multiple witnesses could be enough. Other than that. Congrats low life, you beat the system!

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest
have been wasted"

Trophymuley,
In a earlier post you stated "I am one of the people who did see him after the hunt ended in city limits. " Are you now saying you did not see him after the hunt ended? If this is the case you are losing your credibility real fast!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 02:06AM (MST)[p]Butts,
Everyone on this site would have loved to shoot that buck, and if we all knew it was legally shot I'm sure most of the people in here would surely applaud and congratulate the hunter.
I, for one, have always thought that this deer was shot the last day of the hunt. There are a lot of questions, that if the people here knew the answers to would make believers out of them. Sounds like you must know a lot about how this all went down and it seems to me that the hunter, and you, as his friend, would want to put them to bed. So, I'm just going to ask them:

1. Was your friend targeting this buck when he went hunting?
2. What was the time and date he shot it?
3. Where EXACTLY was the kill site?
4. Was there anyone with him?
5. Did he, or anyone, take photos of the deer in the field?

Harlan B. Cooper
http://www.harlancooper.com

[email protected]

>Ok time to chime in. photo
>properties on a computer are
>not hard to change. Or
>even setting a date back
>on a camera so the
>encryption code reads an earlier
>date than the day it
>was taken. Facts are it
>can be done. It's not
>that hard. If you need
>proof I can send anyone
>here willing to check the
>encryption of a photo with
>a date set for April
>of 2017. or how about
>I take a picture back
>in the old west with
>a date of 1805!
> The last day
>of the hunt the deer
>was bedded across from the
>church in the hay field.
>I was not present for
>this occurrence but a
>credible good friend of mine
>was there until 6:00 that
>night watching him! Two
>days after the hunt ended
>he was seen alive and
>well! I was on the
>phone with a friend of
>mine telling me he had
>made it through the hunt
>and that I should come
>see him hanging out a
>block away from where he
>was the last night of
>the hunt. I got there
>just after the deer had
>wondered elsewhere.
>I personally know that this deer
>was alive and well after
>the hunt ended. Besides this
>factor, the deer would
>have had to moved all
>the way up to the
>mountain anyway to make it
>a legal kill. All the
>land up to the base
>of the mountain is private
>property and without written permission
>to hunt there it would
>STILL be deemed an illegal
>kill! So try to tell
>me the deer went from
>a field in the middle
>of town clear up to
>the "actual" legal public hunting
>grounds more than a mile
>away, I call some serious
>bull sh1t!

>The deer disappears
>at the earliest, two days
>after the hunt ended

>and
>doesn't resurface untill all time
>based evidence has expired. Obviously
>this moron has some close
>friends willing to blindly follow
>the word of a liar
>and vouch for him when
>they weren't even present for
>the kill!
> I only wish credible
>testimony from multiple witnesses could
>be enough. Other than that.
>Congrats low life, you beat
>the system!
>
>"I've hunted almost every day of
>my life, The rest
>have been wasted"

trophymuley, you said:

>The deer disappears
>after the hunt ended

But on one of the other threds you said you "personaly" seen him a week after the hunt was over????

So which is it, do you just know somebody that "seen" him two days after the season, or did "you" see him a week after the season, your arguments have not been very clear, and do you or any of the other 23 "worlds best muledeer glassers/hunters/guides/enthusiasts" have any photos of the deer alive after season was closed.

because at this point they have more evidence that it was killed in season, then you do that it wasnt.

Just sayin, LOL

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Tristate, "troll", "pig",............prophet??????

I have been very quiet on this thread for my own enjoyment. It has become quite interesting to say the least. Flopgun has remained a belligerent zealot more interested in screwing people than preserving justice or even hunting itself. I guess vanilla isn't talking because he has just realized he has probably padded jails with the lives of innocent people he lynched with nothing more than "witnesses".

Could this deer have been poached? Yep. Could this deer be a legal kill? Yep. But what is truly becoming significant, and what I told Grizzly on the previous thread is the act of killing a large antlered deer is becoming the equivalent of JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE. This is very bad. All this stuff I have read on here about killing the king's deer is exactly what many of y'all want. We will have to prove our innocence under threat of severe penalty every time we successfully engage in hunting. That's what you want for your kids? THESE ARE DEER PEOPLE.

Let's start hearing the stories of how wily and cunning this buck was so the shooter can feel like he accomplished a major feat.
If anyone is actually jealous of this buck being shot by anyone then maybe they need to rethink why they "hunt".
Do you hunt to emulate Governor tag holders shooting tame or winter ground bucks or do you enjoy the challenge of actually outsmarting a wild buck who has outsmarted other hunters and not just photographers on main street?

If you think a tame town buck filmed by hundreds at less than 20-50 yards that gets whacked by anyone who cannot get it done any other way needs to be applauded...WOW

If you think a big buck is a big buck no matter what then go to the zoo and euthanize one and put it on your wall but do not expect all of us to applaud you for it.

TheKnack---Great post and I see Frick and Frack are now on here together to share all their great wisdom again, LOL!

Maybe, just maybe the hunter had no idea this was a park buck gone missing?
This is possibly the most entertaining post of all time. How come nothing mentioned about the supposed disappearance of the Bend buck? Must be the holy water in Tardville.

Obviously with his defending friends on here...They knew about this buck....Maybe just maybe they helped usher the buck out of town limits as well? just a thought.

>Obviously with his defending friends on
>here...They knew about this buck....Maybe
>just maybe they helped usher
>the buck out of town
>limits as well? just a
>thought.

The more I read this darn thing the more I realize most people in Utah live up to the tardville comments. How about this, the buck is wild anyway you look at it and it had the option to venture off into the wild crazy idea right. The Cemetery buck did the same thing didn't it? I am kinda getting annoyed by the stupid people in this state giving us all a bad name. Oh and just a FYI I have no clue about the hunter, his friend, or the buck in real life. I have seen photos on the internet of this buck and thats it but my god go linch a man that is probably innocent by all accounts as the buck was taken in season, and their is no proof of someone herding the darn thing. The AMERICAN Justice system is founded on the principle of letting 10 guilty walk over convicting one innocent man or woman!

The Cemetery buck did the same thing didn't it? No.
I am kinda getting annoyed by the stupid people in this state giving us all a bad name. Agreed. Oh and just a FYI I have no clue True ! about the hunter, his friend, or the buck in real life. I have seen photos on the internet of this buck and thats it. Good be done then.

I can't wait for OJ to get front page of the hjnews

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]Is it possible this buck wandered out of town on it's own? From those that knew the buck by seeing it every day I would say unlikely.
Anyone shooting this buck must have known the questions were going to be raised....Anyone wonder why it shows up a few months later on MM?
As far as I am concerned all that question it have the right. Just look at how many other threads of poached bucks in town have been posted.
Just goes to show if you wanna be lazy and shoot a big buck. Maybe a town buck is more trouble than it's worth.

Kinda reminds me of the SCI World Record buck thread that so many defended till the pictures of the tied and hooded buck photo's appeared. Once laziness and BS was exposed those supporters kinda went away.

why would anyone want to shoot the town mascot regardless? Shooting a buck like this is like bragging to your friends about all the ass you pulled at a whore house.

Guilty until proven innocent on here.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

lmao. Good one 4000. Ya it makes a lot of sense that hundreds of people have seen this buck in town year round for years, and nobody ever saw the deer on the mountain in that time frame except a lucker hunter on the last day of the season. Perfect sense. I have no doubt that the guy, unless it was dark, could see the mountain, there for it was close enough. Boom.

As for being jealous, no I am not. Why should I be. I never wanted his rack or his sheds, I simply enjoyed filming and phographing a big ass deer that didn't head for cover. He is the 3rd largest deer I've ever seen, and I've seen lots. I simply feared for his life after some guy posted pics of him and stated where he could be found on this site. We all knew it would take some dipchit that figured he could outsmart the system to end this bucks life, and thats what happened. Jealous, no. Angry, yes.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

>lmao. Good one 4000.
>Ya it makes a lot
>of sense that hundreds of
>people have seen this buck
>in town year round for
>years, and nobody ever saw
>the deer on the mountain
>in that time frame except
>a lucker hunter on the
>last day of the season.
> Perfect sense. I
>have no doubt that the
>guy, unless it was dark,
>could see the mountain, there
>for it was close enough.
> Boom.
>
>As for being jealous, no I
>am not. Why should I
>be. I never wanted
>his rack or his sheds,
>I simply enjoyed filming and
>phographing a big ass deer
>that didn't head for cover.
> He is the 3rd
>largest deer I've ever seen,
>and I've seen lots.
>I simply feared for his
>life after some guy posted
>pics of him and stated
>where he could be found
>on this site. We
>all knew it would take
>some dipchit that figured he
>could outsmart the system to
>end this bucks life, and
>thats what happened. Jealous,
>no. Angry, yes.
>
>Yelum
>
>Theres logic, and theres women. They
>don't go together.

You Know YELUM?

If me or You are ever gonna be FAMOUS/CONVICTED/TRIED/AND HUNG on MM!

We're gonna have to change Our Huntin Strategy!:D

I've been Hunting way too Far outa Town!

I haven't been Hunting Muleys in November/December!

I'm a thinkin now if I'm ever gonna get a Buck Big enough for the Wall I'm gonna have to stay in the City Limits!:D:D:D

You know if I ever got the NOMAD Buck they'd HANG Me,RIGHT?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Hope this was a legal kill! And I really HOPE he can enjoy looking at it on his wall.

I could kill a 200+ whitetail and a 350+ elk LEGALLY within 20 miles of where I live in Texas. I could have them hanging on my wall by this summer! But where is the enjoyment in that?

To each his own.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>lmao. Good one 4000.
>Ya it makes a lot
>of sense that hundreds of
>people have seen this buck
>in town year round for
>years, and nobody ever saw
>the deer on the mountain
>in that time frame except
>a lucker hunter on the
>last day of the season.
> Perfect sense. I
>have no doubt that the
>guy, unless it was dark,
>could see the mountain, there
>for it was close enough.
> Boom.
>
>As for being jealous, no I
>am not. Why should I
>be. I never wanted
>his rack or his sheds,
>I simply enjoyed filming and
>phographing a big ass deer
>that didn't head for cover.
> He is the 3rd
>largest deer I've ever seen,
>and I've seen lots.
>I simply feared for his
>life after some guy posted
>pics of him and stated
>where he could be found
>on this site. We
>all knew it would take
>some dipchit that figured he
>could outsmart the system to
>end this bucks life, and
>thats what happened. Jealous,
>no. Angry, yes.
>
>Yelum
>
>Theres logic, and theres women. They
>don't go together.

***Amen Yelum, Amen!!!

Robert, My knee's feeling a lot better. Can we find that Book Cliff buck you had pictures of. Think he's shed yet? BacDoc

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]I have breaking news that buck did not spend every day of his life inside city limits. I think its great that a hunter harvested him. I also think its great a hunter harvested the cemetery buck. Isn't killing a buck in his prime the name of the game. Also OK with the Antelope Island hunt. Guess I like seeing a happy hunter behind a giant deer.
I am sure there is competent people out there if there was fowl play.
Makes sense why no one posts pics on MM.

>Robert, My knee's feeling
>a lot better. Can
>we find that Book Cliff
>buck you had pictures of.
> Think he's shed yet?
> BacDoc

Glad to hear your knee is doing Well BacDoc!

I'm a little Nervous about that Buck!

He Ain't been seen in a while!

And No,My Deer Tag wasn't notched this year!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]So the photos of the kill on the cemetery buck in a legal shooting area, with a DWR officer were photos hoped right?

(edited to add to)

I would be done but for crying out loud I love Utah but can't stand some of the stupid people. If the buck was legal great if not I hope the hunter gets his butt handed to him in court!

LOL! Breaking News? Tonight at 11:00? This is EXACTLY why Topguns's claim in the other thread is completely FALSE. Where is the HARD evidence that this buck ventured outside city limits?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]>LOL! Breaking News? Tonight
>at 11:00? This is
>EXACTLY why Topguns's claim in
>the other thread is completely
>FALSE. Where is the
>HARD evidence that this buck
>ventured outside city limits?

***I don't believe I've ever made a statement of where that buck lived his entire life since I'm up in MI and have no friggin idea, LOL! Good try though at starting more #####! It's strictly locals like Yelum that say the buck never left the city. Carry on and maybe you can find a word or two I didn't spell right and come back with that next!!!

PS: I also think you meant to say "NEVER ventured outside the city limits" but left out the NEVER! Unless there was 24/7 surveillance his entire life there would be no hard evidence that he did or didn't live in the city his entire life.

Dude, you're not very smart are you? My point was that we now have all these witnesses stating all sorts of different things.
That kind of makes your claim to only need a few who saw the deer after the season closed stupid! I never claimed that you made a statement about where the buck lived. Read slower or something.

Why don't you just admit that we need HARD evidence and that you probably misspoke on the other thread. The more you post, the more dumb you sound. It's OK to be wrong, just admit it.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 06:07PM (MST)[p]Not a thing against Yelum as I have a ton of respect for him. But Topgun you are correct that you have no idea. And Yelum is not really local. I live less than 10 miles from this buck and to say he NEVER left the city is just an assumption. The complete truth is this buck could easily leave the "city" which is actually a small town, and be in legal shoot land on less than 3 mins of an easy trot. It is obvious that multiple people are lying in this case. Top why are you not screaming foul on the people claiming they saw the buck after the hunt closed? The actual evidence that has been produced on the Interweb here would show that is the only lying that can be proved. None of us really have a clue, we are all just guessing. If the DWR and Sheriff says no charges then I would hope those accusing would man up and apologize. If the shooter is convicted then I hope we set a precedent and give way tougher sentence than the usual slap on the wrist. The deer is not a pet, he is a wild deer and if it was a legal kill then congrats to the hunter is in order. To say that without personally seeing the area he lives and knowing the habits and hunting area surrounding is ridicules. There have been many many many deer, small and big, a few very big (200+ ) killed in the areas just like this buck was shot if he was indeed a legal kill.

I forgot that in Utah baiting is legal...I guess it is possible a trail of apple flavored jolly ranchers could have led to his demise.
My bad.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 06:51PM (MST)[p]Muley_73---I'm not siding with anyone on this issue and you are incorrect in your assessment of the situation. Just because a guy put a picture up saying the picture was taken before the season ended and one person on here says the meta data he was able to check verified that doesn't mean it's true. As the member stated, the data can be change to show a different date if a person knows what they are doing. It would take a person declared as an expert witness by the court to examine the photo to try to make a definite determination if it was real or doctored and testify to what he found in a court of law. I'm not even going to respond to Frack any more because all he's looking for is another pissing match that I will not get into. He can call me anything he likes, but he will not draw me into anything like he and Frick did in that other thread. If you need further clarification, I'd be happy to talk back and forth by PM so as not to get more responses that aren't of any help on this thread.

>The more I read this darn
>thing the more I realize
>most people in Utah live
>up to the tardville comments.

deerslayer88 said it PERFECTLY!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p]Top,
You've been very quick to take sides on this issue. Interweb detective from the start. How about let the actual authorities sort it out???? Then to comment about whether it should have been shot or not without knowing the area or history of the area is again nothing more than Interweb ridiculousness.

I'm gonna be done posting on this issue as it has proven to be nothing but assumptions and obvious lies by lots of individuals. Kind of another form of buck fever!

Topgun,

It might be time to shut the hell up! I never thought that anyone could make Tristate look smart. Whether the buck was poached or taken legally, you're looking like an a$$.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-14 AT 09:37PM (MST)[p]>Top,
>You've been very quick to take
>sides on this issue.
>Interweb detective from the start.
> How about let the
>actual authorities sort it out????
>Then to comment about whether
>it should have been shot
>or not without knowing the
>area or history of the
>area is again nothing more
>than Interweb ridiculousness.
>
>I'm gonna be done posting on
>this issue as it has
>proven to be nothing but
>assumptions and obvious lies by
>lots of individuals. Kind
>of another form of buck
>fever!

***You are right on the button as far as assumptions and people saying they know people that saw the buck after the season closed and now a person that seems to have a picture that MAY prove the deer was taken during the season. Who knows where is anyone's guess! I've also been saying to let authorities do their job in case you have selective reading! I also can sure give my opinion that if the animal was damn near a pet that anybody could get close to for the pictures that have been put up that would not make much of a trophy in my eyes and that is exactly what Yelum and some others have stated. Why pick me out of the crowd to make that statement?
Sorry I appear to have taken sides on the issue. All I've attempted to say and I guess it wasn't clear enough for some was that it's similar to a Wyoming case I'm familiar with. In WY witnesses came forward and called the G&F when they saw a dead buck posted on the net by a hunter well after the season closed where the buck lived his whole life and was being watched almost daily. It was also a huge nontypical that was impossible to misidentify. The G&F investigation found that the tag on the buck was good for a unit 20-30 miles north of the unit it lived in and the kid that shot it couldn't take the GW to the kill site to prove it was a legally taken animal in the unit the tag was good for. He subsequesntly poached two more big bucks in another county and before they were done with him he ended up with felony charges that put him in prison for what I believe was 7 years. I am now done and will do anything else by PMs so this thread won't continue to develop into the same garbage that the first one did and what I asked of you to begin with that you didn't honor.

...and this is why i said that i didn't miss Popgun while he was away hunting.

In his mind, if you could call it that, we here need him to keep us informed on how it is. So sad for him!!

I'm so far against poaching, i might turn in a friend if i caught him at it and teach my Hunter Ed students the same but i also believe in not jumping to conclusions and condemning a guy over the internet unless he has first been found guilty through a legal process.

If or not, this Huge Trophy Buck was taken on the up and up, i hope many here, including myself, have learned a thing or two and not make those mistakes again.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

The biggest problem with this whole thing is that if the deer was taken legally then the hunter only paid a few bucks for the tag. Just think of the missed opportunity at extra revenue for Utah to help manage it's stellar deer herd. The state should auction off a few Town Buck and Cemetery tags. I bet this one would have gone for a few hundred thousand. Just think of the acres of Kentucky Bluegrass that could be planted to give the herd a boost. What a waste.

I can't see the satisfaction of killing a tame city buck, regardless of whether he scores 150" or 300". Says something about character and actual hunting ability for damn sure.

T264

+100

I live close by and have watched the buck many times. He actually bedded in my buddies back yard most of the summer and early fall, where my buddy got quite a few pics of the deer with his kids in the same photo, pretty awesome stuff. The buck would simply glance their way and continue to chew his cud or eat the apples off the trees in his backyard. One pic he sent was of the buck on the back patio of a house close by and it shows the buck not 3 feet from him on the other side of the door. Pretty awesome stuff. I'm sure many others in the area have similar pics and stories as well.

That to me is the tragedy of the whole thing. Not that this was anyones pet, but a lot of people had a great time having him around.

I still find it hard to believe this deer was killed where the guy said he killed it, I'm not going to call him a hunter, because that would insinuate he hunted the deer. I'm just hopeful the game wardens get it right, if he did shoot it legally, fine, do I still think he's a doucher for doing it? Yep. But if it is found out that he didn't kill it legally, well then, I'm sure they'll prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

smitty,
I understand what you are saying I know that the buck was fun to watch. Along with a lot of the local big bucks that hang around town. However I'm not sure the hunter is a douche if he truly did shoot the buck legally. Lets look at it this way, say there is a giant buck that is living up on say Millers property. Say that buck comes in and eats apples in the backyard of the cabin. He hangs for a couple years and beds under the back tree. They take pictures with the kids they enjoy the buck hanging around. One season there are some does that go into estrus early and he jumps the fence and is shot on the sagebrush hill behind the cabin on public land. Is that hunter a douche? What about the big bucks that have spent the last 2 winters in my dads backyard they lay there and chew their cud while we work in the shop in and out of the house less than 10 yards away. With a little patience I'd bet I could get those deer to eat out of a bucket of oats I was holding. If I see one of those bucks get shot during the season should consider that hunter a douche? I just think if it proves legal then it's a big buck killed on public land nothing more nothing less, some come easy and some are earned. It happens every year on the mountain and on the edge of towns all over the nation.

The problem with the logic on the hunter being a duche if the buck was legally killed is the simple fact that non of us know the entire story, meaning did this guy even know about this buck or was it a omg that thing is huge and boom its over. Also as I will always say that buck was wiled and if you would have put some doe eutrus on you he would have jumped your bones haha.

:eek:

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

I guess I really don't believe this guy owes any of us jack squat! If the DWR investigates then he would be required to answer to them. But he is not required to give anyone else anything. There seems to be some confusion on how hunting deer works. If the deer is legally taken then it's ok. Regardless of whether it has a name regardless of where it sleeps, eats, or frolics with children. It's a deer and we have deer season....to shoot deer. There is not law that states a deer must spend x amount of time in any area. Emotional attachment to this animal is clouding the entire act of hunting and harvesting wild animals. Guess what some of you are kinda sounding like anti hunters that make the same arguements about the innocent animals that live on the mountains that they spend the year enjoying and watching. Location as long as it's legal should be irrelevant.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 12:05PM (MST)[p]Ok so the hunter has pictures stating he shot the deer during the season. Ok, well I'm about to become very famous because I invented a TIME MACHINE. Check it out. Here I have two pictures of myself. One dated in the future! The other I decided to go back to my birthday in the year 2000 back when I was 13 and tablets didn't exist! Anyone wanting to check the meta data on them to verify for me e mail me and I will send them so you can confirm it. Im a time traveler!
9992image.jpg

2975image.jpg

A dated picture of him dead or alive is not substantial evidence. That is the joy of having witnesses in the judicial system. A dated picture will not hold up in court! But enough eyewitnesses and you do have a case. If the hunter wanted to prove it was a legal kill them why in the hell is there absolutely no substantial evidence to prove so besides photo evidence in a garage which has just been proved to not be a reliable source.

For those who keep talking about him being legal "above the power lines" you are still incorrect
3698image.jpg

Here is a map I put together. The red line indicates the telephone pole line. However everything above the telephone poles up to the green line is posted as private property no trespassing or hunting. Even the hill with the green mountain symbol is private, however it is not posted. The yellow circle indicates the area this buck lived within his entire life. The only time he ever went up to the eastern (top) end of the yellow circle was last year during the rut. The purple dot indicates exactly where he was bedded during the evening of the last day of the hunt. Giving him around two hours to make it almost twice the distance he has stayed within his entire life??? Hmm. Let's just assume he was pushed up there by his buddies. Ok, Herding game into legal hunting grounds. Still considered illegal.
My personal opinion. I have watched mule deer my entire life and given the provided information at hand ( besides the fact he was seen after the season ended) it would be some sort of miracle to have "legally" harvested this animal.

I do believe I did my best in this statement to leave any "emotional attachment" to the deer out of this.

have been wasted"

>Let's start hearing the stories of
>how wily and cunning this
>buck was so the shooter
>can feel like he accomplished
>a major feat.
>If anyone is actually jealous of
>this buck being shot by
>anyone then maybe they need
>to rethink why they "hunt".
>
>Do you hunt to emulate Governor
>tag holders shooting tame or
>winter ground bucks or do
>you enjoy the challenge of
>actually outsmarting a wild buck
>who has outsmarted other hunters
>and not just photographers on
>main street?
>
>If you think a tame town
>buck filmed by hundreds at
>less than 20-50 yards that
>gets whacked by anyone who
>cannot get it done any
>other way needs to be
>applauded...WOW
>
>If you think a big buck
>is a big buck no
>matter what then go to
>the zoo and euthanize one
>and put it on your
>wall but do not expect
>all of us to applaud
>you for it.

I was just reading through all this BS (laughing at most of it almost as much as previous posts where guys have tried to claim these city bucks are wild). Thanks for saving me from having to be the first to comment how chicken ##### it is regardless if it was killed legally or illegally. I got an idea. Why don't we all steal our neighbors dog, take them to the nearest field and kill them. Bout the same if you ask me. Heck, I bet the neighbors dog would be harder to kill due to stranger danger. Now if the hunter was handicap it's a different story IMO and would be my only exception. This is at least the third if not fourth or fifth big town buck that I know of killed this year in Utah. Don't know the story on them, don't care either. It's just a shame in my opinion.

Where's the sport in it? Half the tweety birds I killed growing up were more wild than these bucks. Maybe I don't get it. To me it's just KILLING not HUNTING. Pretty sad that that's all some "hunters" care about.

Has anyone thought that the hunter is not on MM?? Maybe he knew NOTHING of the "Hyde Park Buck"?? Maybe he's not into social media...It's possible, I'm one of the few people left that is not on FB. I dont know of anything that happens on there. It was probably his lucky day, right place at the right time... It's funny to me to how many people on here think that the deer was tame, And that it would never leave a 2 block area. Hell, I have horses that my kids ride and they can feed them grain from their hand and they run right up to them,,,, but if i leave the gate open they are GONE!!! They will run for miles! So unless this deer was in a cage it could have been ANYWHERE. If it was shot in the town why didnt all people watching it not see it happen or hear the shot? Or if he arrowed it, not see the blood trail across the sidewalk or see him loading it in his truck??? Sounds like all the spotters were in town looking for it instead of on the mountain.

Cody I couldn't agree more. But the argument at hand is if he was killed legally or not. I am one of those who watched him all the time. Heck I was the first one to start a post about him missing. But if this deer was in legal hunting area given the slim next to none chances that may be, and I had a chance at him. You better believe I would pull that trigger! I would congratulate anyone in that same breath who was lucky enough to harvest him. But in this case, it just reeks of fowl play.
have been wasted"

Trophy,
I understand and I agree that if the buck was illegally taken I hope they hammer the guy. But I sure wish there was this much effort focused on protecting our deer outside the city. And I don't agree with hammering him for shooting a "city" buck if he is proven innocent.

Need a razor?????

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

trophymuley, there's no data to be seen on those selfie images you posted. The EXIF data is not saved for images that are uploaded to threads on MM. They go in a folder: /photos/user_photos2/

On the other hand, images uploaded for signature lines here on MM do retain all of their EXIF data. They go in a different folder: /dcforum/User_files/

I'm no administrator here BTW. I just learned what I'm telling you after a few seconds of checking some of the images posted above.

Nebo, similar area... different deer. Shot during archery season, but inside city limits. Charges filed.

Grizzly

Trophymuley, your little purple dot on that map, is what it is , a little purple dot . It does not represent jack. That buck was dead hours before the EVENING OF THE LAST DAY. Give us 1 legit photo of the buck on Oct. 27th or after. And for the pic. Of the buck lying on the cement. It's wrong ,that photo was taken about 12:00 pm on Sunday, the 27th. Nothing was changed with any data on the photo. Think what you would like. That buck was pushing some does when the hunter shot it. It can't be that a mature mule deer buck would expand his rutting grounds? Right? A deer would never do that right? Wow, personally I think your definetly emotionally attached and delirious . You even stated that the buck was on the edge of (your) boundary last year during the rut. And no the hunter had no idea that this was Hyde park buck when he shot it. It wasn't until someone helped him take care of the buck, that it's identity was revealed.

Please remember you stated in your MAP post that the buck was bedded under your little purple dot, THE EVENING OF THE LAST DAY. where the hell is a pic?

I know the info is deleted on online forums. That's why I said pm me am email and I will send them for verification. I just posted the pics so people could see what pictures I was talking about
have been wasted"

>I know the info is deleted
>on online forums. That's why
>I said pm me am
>email and I will send
>them for verification. I just
>posted the pics so people
>could see what pictures I
>was talking about
>my life, The rest
>have been wasted"
-
You do realize I stated that you can change meta data right? I was at no time denying it could be done. Heck I have a program on my computer to change meta data, it also tells me what the meta data is and if it has been altered to a point. I am by no means a computer expert. Just your average run of the mill, got on with Apple while a under grad and learned a lot. Needless to say I can do the same thing, without doing two separate selfies, and no one is disputing that it can be done. What I am saying is most people throwing photos out there don't think to change that or even have a clue about meta data and therefore it is how they get caught. Hope you have a good time realizing you can change the date on your tablet but just one more thing if you were connected to the internet or a wireless signal the meta data will still show the correct date and your altered date so it might not have done what you wanted it to.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 07:47PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 07:44?PM (MST)

Did you not just read my recent post. A picture doesn't prove sh!t I could give you a picture of the same buck in velvet with the meta data marked for tomorrow to prove a point. Your picture dated for October 27 doesn't prove anything. Dates on photos can be changed
Deer slayer. There's more data in a picture than the basic properties of it. And yes I made sure the wifi. GPS. And all other forms of service were disconnected.
Yes, it is true most people wouldn't think of it. All I am stating is dated photos don't prove anything.
have been wasted"

You Sure it Ain't a Cell Line/Cell Poles?:D

Does the DNR know who shot this deer? I visit the site everyday but don't post much. I have been trying to follow this story but I have yet to see if anyone has been questioned about this deer killing?

>Does the DNR know who shot
>this deer? I visit
>the site everyday but don't
>post much. I have
>been trying to follow this
>story but I have yet
>to see if anyone has
>been questioned about this deer
>killing?

YELUM seems to know something!:D

You know, I think something that may be being overlooked here is the fact that we (humans) are encroaching more and more into the habitat of deer and the deer either adapt to us being there or they leave.

Where I hunt in the national forest, there is a small town of maybe 150 people that live in blocks of cabins. We hunt the legal area surrounding this place almost exclusively because the bucks know they're safe in town but they don't know what the boundaries are. They frequently venture outside of their "safe" zone and are taken by hunters totally legally yet the people that live in these cabins consider them their pets.

One year I was driving through town to go to a popular fishing spot where the river runs behind some cabins. It was the middle of the day during hunting season so I was in my camos but I had left my bow back at camp so I was not hunting. I noticed a 3X3 off the side of the road so I slowed to take a look as I always do when I see a buck even when the season is over. The cabin owner across the street came out yelling at me at the top of her lungs saying she was calling the game warden and I could see her writing down my license plate number. She apparently thought I was going to shoot HER deer in front of her house. I ignored her and went about my business of course but the point is that people do think of these animals as pets.

We can all be certain that no matter what the outcome in this case, it won't be the last time someone's "pet" deer is killed by a hunter. If the person who shot this deer is exonerated there will still be the haters but we should all congratulate him on a tremendous buck instead of adding more fuel to the anti movement. If it turns out that he poached this buck, lock him up and throw away the key as far as I'm concerned.

The question remains however, under what strict circumstances do deer become "pets" or wild animals? If a deer lives within X amount of yards from a house is it a pet? Is a deer living in and around a small town within the national forest a pet? Where do the ethics police draw the line?

Hey nebo???

Did You Guys Scroll down & Read this?

It says this JOKER is being Charged with firing a Firearm?

If I Remember his BRAGGIN Picture,I thought He was a Stick Flipper?

http://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/article_34c2a9e4-4e83-11e3-8b95-0019bb2963f4.html

trophymuley, you said:

>The deer disappears
>after the hunt ended

But on one of the other threds you said you "personaly" seen him a week after the hunt was over????

So which is it, do you just know somebody that "seen" him two days after the season, or did "you" see him a week after the season, your arguments have not been very clear, and do you or any of the other 23 "worlds best muledeer glassers/hunters/guides/enthusiasts" have any photos of the deer alive after season was closed.

Because at this point they have more evidence that it was killed in season, then you do that it wasnt.

And I think you are missing his point that he personaly took the picture on the day that the data says he did. So he is a more crediable witness at this point.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

RE: Hey nebo???

I think your right Bess about that case being a stick flipper. As far as being charged with discharging a firearm in the city limits, most Utah city governments have a ordnance with language that makes no distinction between a firearm or archery. In a nutshell it just says no discharge of a weapon that will launch a projectile inside of the city limits.

> I think your right Bess
>about that case being a
>stick flipper. As far
>as being charged with discharging
>a firearm in the city
>limits, most Utah city governments
>have a ordnance with language
>that makes no distinction between
>a firearm or archery.
>In a nutshell it just
>says no discharge of a
>weapon that will launch a
>projectile inside of the city
>limits.

Potato gun? Catapult? Pitching machine? Tennis ball thrower? Champagne bottle? Blow darts?

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

>> I think your right Bess
>>about that case being a
>>stick flipper. As far
>>as being charged with discharging
>>a firearm in the city
>>limits, most Utah city governments
>>have a ordnance with language
>>that makes no distinction between
>>a firearm or archery.
>>In a nutshell it just
>>says no discharge of a
>>weapon that will launch a
>>projectile inside of the city
>>limits.
>
>Potato gun? Catapult? Pitching machine? Tennis
>ball thrower? Champagne bottle? Blow
>darts?
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,
>I just stir it.[/font]

Its the " spirit " of the law and of course there is always discretion. I think a potato gun would probably get you in trouble inside the city limits and especially if you killed a big ol buck with a potato gun. Then again maybe they would make a new record book of animals killed with potato guns.HaHa

Is it just me or is hippiemuley still dodging the the questions about seeing this deer after the hunt?

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

+1 liecabucks

LOL he has been asked at least 3 times now, twice by myself.... yet still no anwser.

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-14 AT 11:28PM (MST)[p]Yes it does prove something, I was looking for a field photo showing the buck in question with the date set for after the hunting season. Needless to say it didn't work out like the Jack A's who killed the doe by Kamas. Needless to say I was unable to find anything illegal here and that is what I was and I still am looking for. If you notice towards the top the post states to email me photos of this buck so I can check it out. The only photo I got that showed anything was the one showing the date as being in season, but that was not what I was looking for. Also I am aware of the data in a picture, music file, and video. There is more to what is on the top, of things which I have attempted to explain on here that just because one photo states the date was the 27th does not mean that is the kill date the buck could have been killed on the 1 of Nov. I review these things at least once a week for my second job, and my only intentions here are to find out what I can report if there is anything I can find. Worst case someones pet deer was killed and it was a legal kill right?

(By anything I am referring to the fact that the other photos showed the date as Nov 1st)

I would also like him to clear that up.

As well I would like to see the pics of the deer AFTER the season closed.

To me it is more important to be able show evidence proving this buck was shot illegally than for the guy to try to prove here it was killed legally. It is a huge accusation being made by Trophymuley and others that if not true deserves apology.

Doesn't matter what you think of the buck or the fact it was half tame or whether you would shoot it if legal.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

I had a couple friends tell me they saw the buck in Nov, rutting does in the field by the church. However, it was in Dec when they told me this. I now believe their memory played tricks on them. That happens. Others claims simply aren't credible.

I also had a friend tell me he looked all day, everyday, the week after the hunt for this buck, trying to get photos. He talked to hundreds land owners, home owners, and walked all fields in the area without finding the buck. It was his belief that the buck was killed Sunday, as Sat was the last time it was seen by a home owner in town. He reported suspicious finding to the local officer.

That said, there is ZERO evidence that I have personally seen that would indicate an elligal kill.

There may be evidence that the shooter has that could clear his name, but he is not required to give it to me, or anybody else on this site.

Butt, as his username is, has the best insight as he saw the dead deer, and may even be friends with said shooter. He could answer some questions for us, to help support his buddy, but has no requirement to do so.

Butt, if you would be so kind and answer these questions for me.
1. Was the hunter alone when he killed the buck, and if so, did
he ask for someones help in retrieving the animal?

2. Did he take field photos, either with a camera or phone?

3. How long did he have the buck, before he took it to the
Taxidermist?

Thanks

With or without answers to these questions, there is Nothing any of us on this post can do to help this case, without having evidence we can take to the authorities. His friends may have evidence that could clear or convict him, but friends usually don't turn their buddys in. Whether the hunter and/or his friends, who are involved in this are upstanding law abiding guys, I don't know. Would any who know him vouch for his character?

So as it stands, and until the authorities wrap up their investigation, this hunter killed one of the top 2 bucks taken in the state this year. Congrats.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

I cannot vouch for the hunter, i do know who he is but I don't know him well enough to say either way. However, this Butts character IS credible and I do believe he is telling the 100% truth to his knowledge. I do know that the hunter needed help loading/taking care of the buck because of a back injury and a co-worker was called for assistance.

Great post, Yelum. Thank you. If I had killed that buck, there is NO WAY I would come on this site and talk about it. The hunter in NO WAY needs to defend himself if he took this buck legally. He has nothing to gain by coming into this lion's den to be lynched by the self-appointed posse.

Huntin50,

Do your friends take pictures? If not they are no different than the others on here who claimed they saw him and maybe aren't quite sure what or when they saw it.

By the way I think people's phone numbers at best should only be shared via PM at best. I will not call and bother these men but I can not speak for all on this sight.

Thanks Grzz,
I'm a red neck and trying to do too many things at once.

From the reliable sources that say they have seen the buck after the hunt, when and where they saw it, how they know the time and date they saw it. More evidence is being gathered. I say there is ZERO chance that buck was shot above the power lines during the hunt.

>Great post, Yelum. Thank you. If
>I had killed that buck,
>there is NO WAY I
>would come on this site
>and talk about it. The
>hunter in NO WAY needs
>to defend himself if he
>took this buck legally. He
>has nothing to gain by
>coming into this lion's den
>to be lynched by the
>self-appointed posse.

Perfectly stated!
Zeke

Great post YELUM. Pretty much sums the whole thing up.

I do not understand how someone can say there is zero chance the buck was shot legally or outside of a boundary that YOU THINK he has NEVER left. I have heard of and seen bucks that are truly wild and highly adept at avoiding people their entire lives get killed after crossing a road and just standing and watching someone get out and shoot them. They are animals and they sometimes do things that they NEVER would have before the time they did.

Facts are facts and something can be learned by them but conjecture is just that and nothing can be learned from it. Especially from a legal standpoint.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

trophymuley said "The other I decided to go back to my birthday in the year 2000 back when I was 13....."

Man. I wish I was 26 again!:)

The google earth screen shot you posted is interesting to us outsiders. Thanks!

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-14 AT 12:59PM (MST)[p]Apparently I need to clear some things up. Yes I personally saw the deer after the hunt. 2 days after to be exact. My friend called me to come over but by the time I got there he had wandered off behind bushes leaving no clear chance for a photo before dark. He had wandered off into some bushes where I had no opportunity for a clear photo thus I didn't take one nor would it matter if I did. Did I see him? Yes. To be exact on what I saw was his distinct left back forks with the inline and cheaters.
Two;
to clarify, the week after the hunt is how I should have worded my prior statement. Two days after was in a new week if that makes sense. A friend of mine saw him the last day of the hunt. Not me. I originally stated the last date anyone had seen him was the 13 of nov. This was based off of information I gathered from questioning others. I do not personally know the person who told me the 13 thus I leave that as hearsay and am now going off of what I personally saw. Any other questions to clear things up for you?
have been wasted"

Photo's are the key, Now if this Buck was the most photoed buck around you would have to think SOMEONE got a picture or two, the day after the hunt or even 4 days after the hunt. BUT not one has shown up yet.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Better than an old ladies sewing circle!

Brian and sponsors must be absolutely LOVING this thread!!!!! My employer is hating it though...... :p Can't wait for the conclusion!

S.

:)

This my friends is precisely why TOPGUN is 100% WRONG when he says that all we need is witnesses stating that they saw the deer after the hunt ended to get a conviction.

TOPGUN, after reading all of this and calling me all of the names that you called me would you care to apologize and admit that you were wrong? Now is your chance to save some face.

I think Yellum nailed it in his last post. If there is nothing to prove that this deer was taken illegally then we as hunters should congratulate the shooter on an amazing buck.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-14 AT 07:49PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-14 AT 07:44?PM (MST)

Illegal. We can beat this to a pulp and have.

You all want pics of the day or two after the season?
I want pics of kill in the season! lol it would more reasonable?

Soon.. Just wait soon. This one is going to need a court appointed attorney.

Let's make this go 200+
go play with your blk+tans you don't have a freaking clue

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-21-14
>AT 12:59?PM (MST)

>
>Apparently I need to clear some
>things up. Yes I personally
>saw the deer after the
>hunt. 2 days after to
>be exact. My friend called
>me to come over but
>by the time I got
>there he had wandered off
>behind bushes leaving no clear
>chance for a photo before
>dark. He had wandered
>off into some bushes where
>I had no opportunity for
>a clear photo thus I
>didn't take one nor would
>it matter if I did.
>Did I see him? Yes.
>To be exact on what
>I saw was his distinct
>left back forks with the
>inline and cheaters.
>Two;
> to clarify, the week after
>the hunt is how I
>should have worded my prior
>statement. Two days after was
>in a new week if
>that makes sense. A friend
>of mine saw him
>the last day of the
>hunt. Not me. I
>originally stated the last date
>anyone had seen him was
>the 13 of nov. This
>was based off of information
>I gathered from questioning others.
>I do not personally know
>the person who told me
>the 13 thus I leave
>that as hearsay and am
>now going off of what
>I personally saw. Any other
>questions to clear things up
>for you?
>my life, The rest
>have been wasted"

I say prove that you saw the buck after the hunt, and if you do pull that photo out of your hind end I would say that you messed with the metadata.

do you have a note from your doctor that you do not have glaucoma or any other eye issues? do you have a recent eye exam that shows you have 20/20 vision?

did you watch the deer every day of its life 24/7 to prove he never left the city limits, do you have a job or was your job to follow this deer around...and if it was you failed miserably when this buck got wacked, at this point all the evidence shows he was killed legally.

if the guy poached the deer and they have evidence to charge him, then shame on him...but if they don't shame on you for being a rumor monger bent on throwing shadow on the taking of a once in a lifetime buck.....considering what has been shared here you need to move on until the REAL police charge him.

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

I have no personal stake in this debate, but it has been very entertaining.

As someone who has watched "city bucks" in the past in other areas, while I believe they remain in their "home area" most of the time, it is not a stretch that they might wander off a few hundred yards, or half a mile even. Whenever city limits are involved, you can sure bet your butt that the authorities and local "gawkers" are going to be involved because let's face it: If you turn in a poacher, and he is prosecuted, you get a free tag to an LE unit in the state. That's a hefty reward for anyone on this site, or anyone who hunts, period. So, let the accusations fly, and if something sticks... BOOM, Paunsagaunt archery tag baby...

Now, as soon as this thread hits 200 posts- everyone turn off your computers and go see Lone Survivor. Take a tissue.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

trophymuley said,

"It was an illegal kill. Whether it is "proven" or not."

I don't know about you but we Americans have a system of law that says an accused is innocent until proven guilty. I realize that the MM courts are the opposite so let the MM trial begin.

MM Prosecutor opening statement:

The prosecution will show that Mr. Perpetrator is guilty because some people said they saw this deer after the season closed alive and well. I'll call my first witness.

The prosecution calls Mr. Magoo

Prosecution: Mr. Magoo can you tell us where and when you saw this deer?

Witness: I swear that I think my cousin saw his friend's mom looking at this deer on November 3rd at 2:00 p.m.

Prosecution: Does your cousin's friend's mom have any pictures of the deer taken on that day?

Witness: Nope

Prosecution: Uhh... the prosecution rests

Defense: Although we don't feel that the state has established their burden of proof in this case we will start with exhibit A which is a photo of the buck dead that was taken on October 27th at 5:00 pm. Given the proof that we have, it is impossible for the buck to have been killed after October 27th and therefore the defense rests.

Prosecution Closing Argument:

Prosecutor: (crickets) ..... I'M TELLING YOU HE DID IT!

Defense Closing Argument:

Defense: Uhh... Based on the evidence, you the jury are required to acquit the defendant.

The Jury deliberates for exactly 4.2 seconds....

Judge: Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury of MM court have you reached a verdict?

Jury Foreman: We have your honor.... GUILTY! Hang that bastard for killing our pet wild animal!

trophymuley, do you see how dumb this looks? If you know it was an illegal kill then share the evidence you have to squash it because at this point we have only seen the evidence to the contrary.

LOL, Trophymuleys story of the buck sounds alot like a bigfoot siteing. LOL

BrowningRage I belive you only get a tag for the unit the animal was killed in if you catch a poacher, so in this case it would be a "Town Buck" Tag, you drive around the naborhood and pick out what buck you want. LOL

458738e374dfcb10.jpg

> If you turn in
>a poacher, and he is
>prosecuted, you get a free
>tag to an LE unit
>in the state. That's a
>hefty reward for anyone on
>this site, or anyone who
>hunts, period. So, let the
>accusations fly, and if something
>sticks... BOOM, Paunsagaunt archery tag
>baby...

False.

> Now, as soon as this
>thread hits 200 posts- everyone
>turn off your computers and
>go see Lone Survivor. Take
>a tissue.

Truth!

JFP!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom