I got hit Antelope

deerslayer88

I got hit for a Antelope tag, I put in for San Rafel North (choice 1), and SJ Ranch (choice 2) what are my odds of not drawing my 1st choice? Also I only had 4 points so I will keep the tag instead of waiting 6 more years to be guaranteed a lope tag on the San Rafel. I just hope for some fluke I did not intact draw my 2nd choice and if I did does any one know a thing about SJ Ranch?

No such thing as a second choice is there?

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Well yes and no. I have always been under the assumption your first choice is your only choice on LE in Utah. But either way I got at least one of my tags I have been dreaming about so its all good.

That should be a sweet tag, assuming you drew your 1st choice.
Go find a big one and do yourself proud...and them share pics and a report with your MM pals.
Best,
Zeke

I don't think that the second choice ever comes into play in the big games draws as there are always a lot more people apply than there are permits for any species and unit. Would say your first choice is where you will be hunting. Congrats! Antelope are a blast to hunt...

Thanks and I plan on posting up some photos, once I connect. My other Antelope hunts only lasted 1 day, so this one well it probably won't be long. I takes me forever to get a Elk, but Deer and Antelope seem to walk right into the cross hairs. I am supper excited because if I drew the San Rafael North I should not have drawn with 4 points. The positive thing is I will be hunting :), after last year I need a good year of hunting under my belt.

Set your sights a little higher than normal and if you can't punch a bigger one after a few days, then go back and shoot one of those that just walk into you. That will extend your enjoyment and the hunt... It's not that hard to pass when you know you can find another one right around the corner..

To be honest this was more of a lets have fun and kill a decent buck type of hunt. The year after I started on Utah Antelope I got educated in regards to Wyoming, so when I had 2 points in Utah I also applied for Wyoming and dropped a 14 inched, so needless to say it will be hard to compare to that as most of what I have seen is 12-13 inches. I am just happy to be hunting and I might drop the first nice one I see, or not it all depends on my feeling at the moment.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom