Kids Outdoor/Hunting Magazine?

N

NDBadlandsbucks

Does anyone know of any good outdoor amgazines for kids. It wouldn't necessarily have to have any hunting slant on it - but of course if it did - that would be better, but just something with some good quality photos of wildlife, scenery, etc. I have a daughter that is almost 7 years old and would like to get her a subscripion to something like that. All kids like to get mail, and what better to get in the mail than a good magazine. (maybe money or a good tag - but that's beside the point) I was reading a hunting magazine teh other night and she asked me if she could look at one too - which made me unbelieveably proud, so I got her an issue of what else - good ol' Trophy Hunter magazine to look at. She had lots of questions about all the animals and other things in the magazine that I was happy to answer, she also liked the fact that in that issue there were a couple of stories with pictures of women with their animals. I just thought that it would be nice for her to have something of her own. Thanks

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I get this for my son..8 years old... his younger sister 5 years old loves to read it and look at pictures. They both learn from it each time they get it and can not wait for it to come im the mail.
Greenwing Program Ducks Unlimited

Puddler Magazine

Puddler magazine is a children's magazine with a critical mission-to educate our youth about the importance of wetlands and the many species of wildlife that depend upon these natural habitats for their survival.

Published quarterly for children under the age of 12, Puddler offers a great way for kids to learn about wildlife, general ecology, ecosystems and animal behavior. It includes illustrated stories and wildlife adventures, animal folklore and tales, quizzes, puzzles, and other interactive features designed to entertain, stimulate curiosity, and reinforce learning.

http://www.ducks.org/media/index.asp

My boy has has a subscription to Jakes magazine and it is wonderful! He reads every page and it gets him asking lots of questions - which I get the chance to answer. See the link above.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Pheasants Forever has a good magazine for kids. It's called Ringnecks. It gets as much into conservation as it does huntin. I think it's a quarterly or bi-monthly magazine. Their membership for kids is only about $10.00 a year.

Thanks for the info guys, I just went to the websites and got her signed up for both the Jakes, and Puddler magazines.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom