Leftover Antelope This Year

They are considering going to an online sale of leftovers instead of a leftover draw. It would be a first come, first served deal, and would likely guarantee a server crash. ;-)

ColoradoOak, are you sure it's going to be an online dealio? I thought you had to be physically at a counter?

Online would work if they set up a waiting queue everyone could go into while waiting for a chance to buy. The queue would open 1/2 hour before permits go on sale which would give everyone a chance to get into it. Then they simply randomly pick people out of the queue when the permits go on sale.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-09 AT 08:12AM (MST)[p]Talking to the G&F ,they said that you have to buy the leftovers at a selling agent or the G&F office in person or make some arrangement with an agent to purchase thru the mail.
No Internet sales for leftovers as of yet.

No I'm not sure. That's why I said that they are considering it, and why the brochure says that there may not be a leftover draw. I don't know how they will do it this year, but it will eventually be on-line, as that is their goal.

Several years ago I tried to buy some leftover tags by phone the morning they officially went on sale. I was told by the retailer that they wouldn't sell the leftover by phone until they had sold the tags to all of the residents that came into the counter. I was very dissapointed as my group of hunters have been hunting in Wyoming for several years paying the special price. So about 3K a year we were dropping in Wyoming. So I called the Fish and Game. I was told basically thats the way the cookie crumbles, they were not concerned with that at all and if that was what the retailers wanted to do, I was out of luck. So if they do go to leftovers over the counter, kiss your tag by phone good bye unless you have a connection.

I wrote a letter and received nothing back. Wyoming has been good to me so I shrugged it off. But with this change, kiss the leftover tags goodbye.

Rich

I believe that by the time they have to sell the leftovers, there will either be an on-line option or they will have the leftover draw like previous years. Too many leftovers to sell over the counter like they do after the leftover draw. JMO

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-09 AT 04:55AM (MST)[p]The place I deal with on leftovers does the same thing,people in line get first preference then they go to the mail in apps.No phone in apps are accepted.
The area I hunt always has plenty of leftovers so it makes no difference to me.I have drove out and bought my license the day before season.You never know for sure about leftovers ,but in the past that is what I have done.I have almost stopped applying in the draw and wait for leftover license to come out.same thing in Colorado for elk,I usually get a leftover.

so if i know sombody in WY, and they have all of my info can that person go to a vender and buy a tag for me???

Talkedto the G&F today and was told it looked good for the sale of leftovers to be bought on the internet,not positive but the chance is looking good.

If there would be leftover deer tags in region d , How would I go about buying one if you cant buy one on line? Is there any chance of getting a leftover antelope tag in an area close to Encampment, during the same time frame as the deer season?

If you are a non resident and cannot go to a selling agent and you cannot buy on the internet,you will have to contact a selling agent and find out how they will handle the leftover sales at there business.Different businesses handle mail in apps differently.A list of selling agents will be listed on the G&F web site.

I have in the past called a selling agent and bought them over the phone.(after the first day cahos is over) I think they charged em a 5 dollar convience fee. Some do it some won't...

Last year I had some buddies drive up becuase there was only 20 tags left over. They stood in line for 6 hours because the server crashed. Still didn't get there tags.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom