Maverick

I thought it was as good or better than the first. Sequels rarely do that.

This is pretty funny if you have a few mins. Tom Cruise is a helluva pilot.

Going to watch within the next hour. First movie I've gone to for 10years or so.

ride hard, stay hard
I never go to the movies and rarely watch anything other than the golf channel, Yellowstone, etc. Lol. My kids barely got me to watch Breaking Bad last year. Top Gun Maverick is great. Highly recommend.

First time in a theater in over 5 years. Good flick. Hit the matinee so it was cheaper. Kind of corny but knew it would be. I was not disappointed.

i normally don’t watch chick flicks but you guys are convincing me I should give this movie a chance. I’ll wait for it to hit a streaming service tho.

I can count on one hand how many I see at the theater every ten years. This one is one of them.
I just can't force myself to go see anything Tom Cruise, Sean Penn or John Travolta are in. Liberal, know it all's make me sick. You're probably helping pay for his new Electric Seatless Bike. ??‍??

Also, more of a Mission Impossible style than a TopGun style………. accept for the 2:15 simulator.

Penn surprised me when he came back from Ukraine. My ideology welcomes converts.

I just can't force myself to go see anything Tom Cruise, Sean Penn or John Travolta are in. Liberal, know it all's make me sick. You're probably helping pay for his new Electric Seatless Bike. ??‍??
Do you watch ANYTHING at all, then??? Ummm..... They're not the only three liberals in Hollywood. ;)

I still laugh at that Yellowstone thread.... :ROFLMAO:

As I am reading about the movie (I'll go see it in a couple weeks) I am reminded of callsigns I knew of in the Navy. In almost every case, a callsign was given or earned, not chosen.

Here are a few that I remember.

Flossy. I asked her how she got her CS; she told me, as she walked away, 'If you are looking at the right part of my anatomy, there is only floss there'. Yes, it was nicely shaped.

Taint. Good dude, very good pilot

Dozer. Could sleep anywhere.

Master. Given to everyone with the last name of Bates

Tingles. Grabbed the ends of bare 110v wires.

Iron Ball. He could fuccck up an iron ball.

Chunky. Barfed in the toilet of a C-130

ass mapper. He was a smart guy. Developed a better seat for helo pilots/aircrew by mapping heat stress points during a number of flights. He didn't like the call sign and asked me what to do (I was his boss at the time). I told him to shut up and it might go away. He didn't shut up, and it stuck. Azzzz Mapper. When he told people he preferred 'Danger Dan'. Nearly everyone chanted 'asssss mapper'.

horse whisperer....he was a farm kid and made the mistake of posting a picture of him cleaning the sheath of one of his ranch studs.

Rick....looked just like Rick Astley

BOFAR. Big, old, fat azzsed Reeves.

P-rick. Fell into some cactus on a detachment to MCAS Yuma.

Radio....given to a black dude who complained it was racist. That started the ball rolling towards socially acceptable call signs. He left the Navy in 2017 and went to work flying for a commercial group.

Beads.... He sweated all the details. Good pilot and good boss.

Dirty... His last name was Sanchez

Shocker.... She had beautiful red hair. Strawberry Headed Ovulating Commie KillER.

Wacker.....he got caught.

FISH....fuk is she huge. Tall girl, SH-60 pilot.

I almost forgot this one.

Squt. She was another sharp kid. Was giving a lecture about land survival to some F-14 crew. She started talking about trapping and snares and water supply. She then asked this question: "would it be better to trap a squirrel with a snare, or, follow him back to his nest and eat his nuts?"
The room erupted in laughter and she turned beet red.

Here is a pretty good list. https://www.f-16.net/callsigns-B.html

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom