money ?

hey to be honest im on disability income i get 80 a week . the disibality also pays my rent im mentally disabled . i have scizophrenia . i also get a little more money at end of every month

Ya im on medication right now. Maybe ill tell you what i take on the medication line . When i get my night meds ill take a look at what i take . Sorry for the stuttering outdoorwriter im disabled so bear with me

i cant afford a pair of swarovskis but atleast i get a little money a week to buy things
Well with that $80 put on your debit card three times a week, it sounds like you've got...

burnmoney.gif

ALMOST rich, as I had typed, is better than being dirt poor, no? ;)
I sometimes wonder if that's true
Some of the most laid back down to earth give you the shirt off their back people I've met are dirt poor
where as the most stuck up.irritateting ,high strung holier then thou people (my in-laws )
Are those that seem to use $100 bills to wipe them selves (Again my in-laws)

Some of the most laid back down to earth give you the shirt off their back people I've met are dirt poor
where as the most stuck up.irritateting ,high strung holier then thou people (my in-laws )
really 100 dollar bills to wipe ? lol

I ain't that ALMOST rich where I can afford using $100 bills. Have to make do with sawbucks or revert to the ol' fashioned toilet paper or nature's way.

dogbuttwipe.gif

P.S -- Sounds like you need some shirts & new in-laws. ;)

I’m more concerned about my debt than I am my bank account. About 30 years ago I opted to gamble on less annual income and focus on a retirement pension rather than chase investments and Roth accounts. Been retired for 10 years this July. So far…… the pensions have been far less nerve racking and my annual income keeps me comfortable, in a middle class kinda lifestyle….sorta way. No regrets……. so far. Who the hell can predict what tomorrow will bring, so I try to keep my debt as low as possible.

I scratched a lot of itches over the years, had some great times, seen a lot of amazing places, done a lot of fun things, met a lot of amazing people, raised a bunch of great children and have great grand kids…….. so far ?, not a whole lot of “to do’s that are eaten at me anymore……that feel’s pretty good now days.

I feel rich………

I've always thought real estate was the best investment , and it has been.

I never trusted the stock market until about 15 years ago when I realized the stock market really can't fail long term. at least not as long as there's any economy as we know it. for one simple reason, most investors have nowhere else to go in the modern world.

Today there's a lot of money out there, where else can you go where you have inflation protection, a reasonable expectation of profit and liquidity ? this is what investors want and you can't find it anywhere else . that's why we're on the longest run in history, you have no choice but to come back.

So it's down a little now, it should be WAY down. the DOW is a couple thousand off it's high that's not crying time. when this war ends, and it will the markets will rally. because that's how it works now, we shrug off the bad and jump on the good.

I still prefer real estate but if you're heavy in the markets don't worry. they'll be back.

I never trusted the stock market until about 15 years ago when I realized the stock market really can't fail long term. at least not as long as there's any economy as we know it. for one simple reason, most investors have nowhere else to go in the modern world.

Today there's a lot of money out there, where else can you go where you have inflation protection, a reasonable expectation of profit and liquidity ? this is what investors want and you can't find it anywhere else . that's why we're on the longest run in history, you have no choice but to come back.

So it's down a little now, it should be WAY down. the DOW is a couple thousand off it's high that's not crying time. when this war ends, and it will the markets will rally. because that's how it works now, we shrug off the bad and jump on the good.

I still prefer real estate but if you're heavy in the markets don't worry. they'll be back.
this is all well and good about the market until the US dollar isn't the worlds reserve currency anymore. that will happen one day, nothing last forever and China deals in centuries not decades. hell, we don't bother looking to next year.

real estate is good long term, but its only as good as the economy at the time right? if your looking for it to pay you out when your 70 and we lose the dollar going into a 20 year recession. well, theirs likely nothing that will be working.

i know, doom and gloom. sorry

You are correct. Most 401k are invested in the Stock Market. The better our Stock Market does the better the world is. My retirement was heavily based on the market, I purchased stock bi- weekly and had matching funds to help. It was a sweet deal. I’m a gambler so I invested in high risk funds and let it ride during hard times. I had to teach myself about stocks and such and I’m still no expert but I learned enough to compile a sum of money which allowed me to retire early. I also invested in real estate along the way and it’s done well over the past few years. Although it’s on a downward spiral, all of it, stocks and property are cyclical. One thing about land, they are not going to make anymore of it. What a roller coaster ride it can be.

I scratched a lot of itches over the years, had some great times, seen a lot of amazing places, done a lot of fun things, met a lot of amazing people, raised a bunch of great children and have great grand kids…….. so far ?, not a whole lot of “to do’s that are eaten at me anymore……that feel’s pretty good now days.

I feel rich………
wellsaid.gif

If I die tomorrow, I'll have no regrets on how I lived my life. Well, maybe one; I never got to sleep with Sophia Loren. :cool:

Exactly, if stocks go down everything goes down . and you can't always bail out of real estate or other investments fast so why not buy stocks ? and they will.

Even if you did want to get in real estate today it's more questionable than ever in my opinion. I feel the profit for the next decade might be priced into it right now the market is crazy. but I've been saying that for 5 years so who knows.

If time isn't on your side that changes things , but there's no safe place for growth that comes without at least short term risk and inflation is going to eat you alive in cash. maybe some good bonds would make sense.

just catch the post war rally you don't want to be on the side line when it hits. it might not be based on realistic fundamentals but you know it's coming.

Exactly, if stocks go down everything goes down . and you can't always bail out of real estate or other investments fast so why not buy stocks ? and they will.

Even if you did want to get in real estate today it's more questionable than ever in my opinion. I feel the profit for the next decade might be priced into it right now the market is crazy. but I've been saying that for 5 years so who knows.
Again, correct, at least where I live. Not bragging, but, in March of 2020 I bought a little lot in town for 8k, in March of 2021 I sold it for 20k. Sometimes you just get lucky. We are a small military town and there is not enough housing on or off base, they are moving another three squadrons in and they don’t have the housing inventory here so contractors are building like crazy. They are making a killing right now. With that said, interest rates are climbing and I think we are sitting on another big housing bubble.

Again, correct, at least where I live. Not bragging, but, in March of 2020 I bought a little lot in town for 8k, in March of 2021 I sold it for 20k. Sometimes you just get lucky. We are a small military town and there is not enough housing on or off base, they are moving another three squadrons in and they don’t have the housing inventory here so contractors are building like crazy. They are making a killing right now. With that said, interest rates are climbing and I think we are sitting on another big housing bubble.
Are you in or near Roswell?

I grew up outside of Texico, NM. We hunted deer and still do in the Capitan Mountains of the Lincoln National Forest, I know you’ve seen that mountain from Roswell. I was a kid for half of the 80’s then struck out on my own, I don’t remember any Camera shops.

I grew up outside of Texico, NM. We hunted deer and still do in the Capitan Mountains of the Lincoln National Forest, I know you’ve seen that mountain from Roswell. I was a kid for half of the 80’s then struck out on my own, I don’t remember any Camera shops.
Mack's Camera was right on the main drag in downtown Roswell. We became good friends. One afternoon, we towed his boat to a nearby small lake to waterski.

If time isn't on your side that changes things , but there's no safe place for growth that comes without at least short term risk and inflation is going to eat you alive in cash. maybe some good bonds would make sense.

just catch the post war rally you don't want to be on the side line when it hits. it might not be based on realistic fundamentals but you know it's coming.
I ALMOST moved my IRA to a safer harbor to avoid the downturn that's been going on. I didn't, however, knowing the upturn has to start eventually. And I don't wanna miss it. :ROFLMAO:

Right now as I type this, my IRA fund is getting hammered again. NASDAQ was down 2.75% a bit ago.?

My buddy owns his own photography studio and is an avid collector of of old cameras. If you’re serious about selling let me know what you have and how much and I’ll pass it on.
Will do. Right now, all of the older stuff is packed away in a box in an upper cabinet. I don't even recall what's in it since I haven't looked in years. I recall there are even a couple old movie cameras.

Made some yesterday, but that and lots more will go away if today's downward spiral continues. It's now at 3.25% down! :mad:
I met with my "financial advisor" last week and he said to expect up and down all summer. Then he said he thinks September will be very rough. He rebalanced my holdings, so it won't be as painful. We meet again in October.

I thought the idea was to get invested to keep up with inflation. Inflation up and income down at this point. Let's go Brandon.

I met with my "financial advisor" last week and he said to expect up and down all summer. Then he said he thinks September will be very rough. He rebalanced my holdings, so it won't be as painful. We meet again in October.

I thought the idea was to get invested to keep up with inflation. Inflation up and income down at this point. Let's go Brandon.
My financial advisor isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I've been thinking about getting rid of the jerk, but then I don't know what I would do with my spare time other than cooking.

bidenname.jpg

Just follow whatever Nancy Pelosi's doing and you'll be fine.... she consistently outperforms Warren Buffet by a wide margin

I
I went to India and to conserve resources they use water and their hands to wipe. I had shook hands with a few until I found out. ??
Hmmm, you didn't need to tell me that. I have been buying most of medications from a pharmaceutical company in India for about 5 years now. I hope they wear rubber gloves. :unsure:

If you move things around now and get in safer funds you've basically sold those shares at a loss. I’m letting mine ride.

Grrrrr, ?

Today...
  • Nasdaq -514.109
    -3.95%
That drop cost me $3.11 per share, which translates to about $2500!
I just opened a letter from my pension provider. My monthly payment went up $11, my wife’s increased $7. Never checked the market……. again today.?

I just opened a letter from my pension provider. My monthly payment went up $11, my wife’s increased $7. Never checked the market……. again today.?
I own 800+ shares in the very tech-heavy

T Rowe Price Growth Stock Fund (TRSAX)

These are the top 10 holdings.

COMPANYSYMBOLTOTAL NET ASSETS
Amazon.com Inc.AMZN11.49%
Microsoft Corp.MSFT11.19%
Apple Inc.AAPL7.38%
Alphabet Inc. Cl CGOOG4.49%
Alphabet Inc. Cl AGOOGL4.44%
NVIDIA Corp.NVDA2.63%
Meta Platforms Inc.FB2.57%
Tesla Inc.TSLA2.07%
Intuit Inc.INTU2.04%
Visa Inc. Cl AV1.83%

I guess I'm a lot richer than I thought. I received this email today.
UNITED NATIONS OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL OVERSIGHT SERVICES

Dear: Beneficiary,

With due respect, This is to inform you that I came to United Kingdom yesterday from USA, after series of complains from the FBI and other Security agencies from Asia, Europe, Oceania, Antarctica, South America, and the United States of America respectively against the Federal Government and the British Government for the rate of scam activities going on in these Nations.

Right now, as directed by The United States FBI, We are working in collaborations with the international monitoring fund (IMF) and have decided to waive away all your clearance fees/Charges and authorize the bank to effect your compensation payment of $10.5 Million approved by both the British government and the United Nations into your Account or ATM card. or Online Account with our bank without any hesitation. The only fee you will pay to confirm your $10.500.000 fund in your Bank Account is only your Authorization fee . Sincerely,you are a lucky person. BE ASSURED THAT YOU WILL CONFIRM YOUR FUNDS.

Send your information, to enable us transfer the said funds into your account without any hesitation.

Full Names:
Direct Number:
Address:

I have a very limited time to stay here so I would like you to urgently respond to this message so that I can advise you on how best to confirm your funds in your account within the next 42 hours.

Kindly contact directly to official email: [email protected]

Sincerely yours,
Mr James Andrew

With due respect, This is to inform you that I came to United Kingdom yesterday from USA, after series of complains from the FBI and other Security agencies from Asia, Europe, Oceania, Antarctica, South America, and the United States of America respectively against the Federal Government and the British Government for the rate of scam activities going on in these Nations.

Right now, as directed by The United States FBI, We are working in collaborations with the international monitoring fund (IMF) and have decided to waive away all your clearance fees/Charges and authorize the bank to effect your compensation payment of $10.5 Million approved by both the British government and the United Nations into your Account or ATM card. or Online Account with our bank without any hesitation. The only fee you will pay to confirm your $10.500.000 fund in your Bank Account is only your Authorization fee . Sincerely,you are a lucky person. BE ASSURED THAT YOU WILL CONFIRM YOUR FUNDS.

Send your information, to enable us transfer the said funds into your account without any hesitation.

Full Names:
Direct Number:
Address:

I have a very limited time to stay here so I would like you to urgently respond to this message so that I can advise you on how best to confirm your funds in your account within the next 42 hours.

Sincerely yours,
Mr James Andrew
Are you going to put it in the stock market?

Full Names:
Direct Number:
Address:

Sincerely yours,
Mr James Andrew
“. The only fee you will pay to confirm your $10.500.000 fund in your Bank Account is only your Authorization fee .”

Kinda seems like a lot of trouble to go to for 10 bucks. Just saying…… but folks do say, “take care of the pennies and the lucky persons will take care of themselves”.

“. The only fee you will pay to confirm your $10.500.000 fund in your Bank Account is only your Authorization fee .”

Kinda seems like a lot of trouble to go to for 10 bucks. Just saying…… but folks do say, “take care of the pennies and the lucky persons will take care of themselves”.
That's the ploy. Once they have the info & authorization, they can use it to WITHDRAW money from a checking account. That's how my pharmacy in India gets its payment every time I order meds.

Full Names:
Direct Number:
Address:

Sincerely yours,
Mr James Andrew
You truly are a lucky person…

I don't have much $$ but I sure feel rich. I live right where I want to, in rural Wyoming. 60 miles to WalMart and even small-time craziness. I see mule deer every day. I get to hunt multiple species every year. I have old pickups; newest one is a 2004. Oldest a 1948.

My family and friends are precious to me. I'm thankful for my life on a daily basis.

We don't eat caviar, but we get lots of beef and wild game. We raise potatoes and a big garden.

I've got tons of places I can go chase coyotes and take pictures. When the wind blows and the weather is terrible, I can hunker down. I worked at least 3 jobs for over 40 years. I've built a couple of our houses, plus lots of barns and outbuildings.

I've only really loved four things in my life. My wife (and family), mule deer, Wyoming's wide-open and rugged places, and cattle. I've been blessed to be around all of those regularly.

We never had a lot from a wealth perspective, but we recently gave every single thing we have (except rifles, tools and vehicles) to our kids. We don't want any assets around that the government can take as we die.

There are lots of folks here that I'd help. They have helped me. So yep, the whole MM crew is pretty rich from my perspective.

So yep, I'm rich by my standards. I hunt, shoot, travel to see family and work hard. That's the American dream and it's still possible in the country today, in spite of our inept national leadership.

If you love cattle you just haven't had them long enough.
69 years. Love them. Learned a lot about them and from them. And working with cattle means outdoors in real conditions. Cattle are like deer. They don't get days off. They have to get up and go to work every single day, regardless of weather. What's not to love about that? Unless you count all the physical abuse that accrues over the years. ?

I'm coming up on 60 and there hasn't been a day in my life until this spring I didn't have something to worry about with cattle. I thought it would be that way until I died .

But when I can sell my hay for $250-$400 a ton I asked myself why I'd work at raising anymore calves just to lose money and I couldn't give myself a good answer . so they're gone. best move I ever made I feel liberated.

I'm coming up on 60 and there hasn't been a day in my life until this spring I didn't have something to worry about with cattle. I thought it would be that way until I died .

But when I can sell my hay for $250-$400 a ton I asked myself why I'd work at raising anymore calves just to lose money and I couldn't give myself a good answer . so they're gone. best move I ever made I feel liberated.
My wife feels the same as you. We sold our cows about 10-12 years ago. But we winter cattle and sell hay now. So I still get to be around them. Sounds like you are on the same path we took.

Shameless commercial:

Well everything is better with some cows around
Livin' in town sometimes brings me down
Let me bestow this western blessing share what I have found
May you always have cows around
What else you gonna spend that extra money on
What else is gonna get you up hours before dawn
What else is gonna keep toiling on and on and on
C'mon you know that you got too much time on your hands
Not merely enough complication in your plans
You need to invite all the frustration that you can
Everything is better with some cows around
Let me bestow this western blessing leave you saddle bound
May you always have cow around
What else can make the bishop swear like a sailor might?
What else can cause such tension between a man and his wife?
What else could ever bring all these enhancements to your life?
What else is gonna get out when ya don't close the gate
What else'll make ya prematurely show your age?
What else'll take a run at you in a fit of bovine rage?
Well everything is better with some cows around
And although this western blessing leaves you cattle bound
What kinda cows Corb?
Well there's Hereford, highland, semmental, west, black and maine Anjou, chianina, limousine, shorthorn, charolais, watusi too, texas long horn, kuri, any roan, ankole, galloway, red angus, brahman, brangus, jersey, guernsey, Holstein, Hey!
Well ya mighta had to let em dig for oil and gas
Ya mighta had to turn the place to an exotic game ranch
Ya mighta had to do all things to raise the cash
So you'd always have cows around
How else ya gonna lose it all like daddy did
What else will make sure you leave nothing for your kids?
It's too late now you know it is you might as well admit
That you'd a barely floatin, sentimental, masochisticness
And that despite all the statistic and the advice that you get
You will always have cows around
Ya everything is better with some cows around
Livin' in t own sometimes brings me down
Well you won't know what you're missing till ya hear that sound
Mooo moo

Sure DON'T miss that every couple of hours at night getting up to check on calves coming in the middle night during a snow storm. Use to do it off horseback now all my brother's and Sister's and nephews and niece's use SS or Quads. I guess they are getting soft. LOL

It's just a dumb business really, even in the good times you don't make much and right now it's a loser. find another business where a good share of your competition is going to do it whether they show a profit or not and I'll show you a bad investment. they don't care it's just for grins.

99% of the money made in cattle has been by land appreciation . so lease your grazing or sell it if money is the goal.

Markets are up 2-4% today , these clowns really know how to work it to make bank. like I said if you're not going to play it just let it sit it'll come back just like a boomerang.

Markets are up 2-4% today , these clowns really know how to work it to make bank. like I said if you're not going to play it just let it sit it'll come back just like a boomerang.
Yup, almost gained back all of my loss from the Tues. hosing with a $2.71 per share gain. It was truly like a miracle...

miracle3.gif

Yes sir, plus we’ve got a healthy TSP. I just hope I live long enough to get a little Social Security.
I just transferred all my $$$ into the G fund. Lost a few grand the last quarter. F fund got me and being bonds, I neglected to pay attention to effects of inflation on that. Didn’t take too much of a beating, but being retired I need to pay closer attention in the future.

Well, with the big hit on Friday, my IRA hit the lowest it's been over the past year, losing more than $33K since Jan. in the process. I'm getting really, really mad & wanna ....

shriek.gif

I just transferred all my $$$ into the G fund. Lost a few grand the last quarter. F fund got me and being bonds, I neglected to pay attention to effects of inflation on that. Didn’t take too much of a beating, but being retired I need to pay closer attention in the future.
Im still in the C and S funds. That TSP has been really good to me over the years.

Does anyone think they have enough money? Even the very wealthy want more. Some take a vow of poverty, but not many. I worked my whole life until I retired at 67 due to health issues that can't be fixed. I'm satisfied and happy with where I am, paid-for house and investments to live on. But I still buy power ball tickets. I never worry about spendig too much on them since I have a pre-set budget in my monthly ynab budget. Fun to wish for a property/ranch to fly fish on, help family and friends, and start a charity. Yes, I would like more, but it's not important to me.

Does anyone think they have enough money? Even the very wealthy want more. Some take a vow of poverty, but not many. I worked my whole life until I retired at 67 due to health issues that can't be fixed. I'm satisfied and happy with where I am, paid-for house and investments to live on. But I still buy power ball tickets. I never worry about spendig too much on them since I have a pre-set budget in my monthly ynab budget. Fun to wish for a property/ranch to fly fish on, help family and friends, and start a charity. Yes, I would like more, but it's not important to me.
See post #56 in this thread. Why would you copy a post verbatim and re-post it in the same thread under your name? You are one weird individual.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom