mule deer permit

L

lightw8

hi there, ended up with a 652 permit in my pocket this year. anybody hunt that before, if so, willing to spill any tips.

All I know is you suck :) I have been putting in for that one. I have not hunted it, but I have friends who know what a good buck is and they out in for that area for a good reason. If I were you I'd take off the whole month of November and show us what a hog looks like. Do you live close to that area...do you have time to scout it?

Just did some research on the unit, and holy buck to doe ratio!!!
Never stepped foot in the unit, but with that ratio, and the low permits compared to total bucks, sounds like it should be a great hunt.

It seems like the last few years there just has not been the same caliber of bucks coming out of 652. Maybe this is the year for that to turn around.

There have been some cool non typicals that have come out of there and I have personally seen a handful of really nice typicals over the years but it just seems lately that the quality has slipped.

I have some pics of landscapes I took in 652 to give you an idea of the what it looks like.

This is in June 2005 from the Highway look west toward the lake.

P6270261.jpg

From the spillway looking South
P6110106.jpg

I have more I just have to find them

Nemont

Thanks for the info and pics. Anything helps. I am going to try and head over early enough to see if i can find bucks still roaming together. i live about five hours away so that is not to bad. Anyway thanks agian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom