Muley BUSTED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Never heard of the dude until this thread.

Y’all need to get out of the house!

Go for a walk in God’s country!

Quit tearing each other apart!

Enjoy some positivity for once!

Send out a few compliments!

Founder is prolly slumped over his grave with his face in both hands wondering why all the adult children had to congregate on his website!

I appreciate some good banter every now and again but Geeeeze, I think it’s time for some to walk away from the keyboard and let go of their emotional side for a day LOL!
Like I said on another thread ( that got locked) lot fewer hunters on this site then I realized. Lot a fan boys though.

The only thing known for sure is that there were 3 tickets written, and a court date set. Don't have any more info than that, and will wait for the true blue edition to come out.

Love how Tri and the other convicted poacher indicates they are willing to defend this dude.

the probable cause statement states they drove into Utah, killed a 38 inch buck in Utah. Left part of the meat to water in Utah, didn’t have a tag for Utah, and lied to law enforcement stating the deer was shot in Arizona. But the evidence points to the buck being shot in Utah.

He provided the case number it’s not hard to look this up. Keep defending him you fools.

P.S. I know whose likely to be back to baiting bucks even with the ban. Do I need to re-air that out and post your stalking injunction that federally bared you from owning and possessing firearms? Federal law trumps state law, so your prior argument that your attorney got you a settlement for you to have guns is on deaf ears.

Idiots!

Seems to me that about a year or so ago there was a similar thread about Gregg Ritz and a whitetail buck. Everyone wanted him burnt at the stake; never did hear how his case was resolved. Anyone have any details of the outcome of Ritz’s trial or proceedings?

I was curious as well so I went and looked. Seems he keeps getting continuances.

But I saw this, which I didn't know. Seems a lot of these "alpha" hunters really struggle with laws.

Tri,

I am surprised they still allow you on the inter web. Go play with some dead animals.
You are surprised the guy that tells people to behave like sportsmen and profesionals and to let the criminal justice system do their work is "allowed" on the inter web.

Deerslayer, you keep saying "you" in your posts. Who is "you"?

You have some fundamental problems with reading comprehension and writing.

You are surprised the guy that tells people to behave like sportsmen and profesionals and to let the criminal justice system do their work is "allowed" on the inter web.

Deerslayer, you keep saying "you" in your posts. Who is "you"?

You have some fundamental problems with reading comprehension and writing.

Not sure about your profession.

But in mine, I'd bet 50-60% have gone bankrupt, have professional complaints, have lost licenses, have their wife's, kids, mother in law's as the "owner", are on COD with supply yards, etc.

A few were because of things beyond their control, life does happen.

But the rest are shady, cut corners, play games, cheat, screw everyone they can for $$$.

I'm sure the "alpha male" hunter world is similar. Most likely a bunch of good dudes.

But we keep seeing guys get pinched for shady or criminal behavior, be it your friend WLH, or Ritz, or Darner, or apparently Hatch.

Sure the criminal justice system should play out. But, you might get the benefit of doubt, once. On your 3rd time through, perhaps just maybe, we know enough.

What has WLH gotten "pinched " for? I'm not talking internet lynched. I'm talking about what has he gotten picked up by the law for.?

You make big accusations and then talk about nothing more than internet gossip.

And I've never told you to give the benefit of doubt. Not once. I tell you to let the criminal justice system do their job while we act like professionals and gentlemen. Sit over there and think whatever you want about people picked up by the law. But don't turn your hate into a public spectacle.

Seems to me this Ryan feller is pretty successful at getting attention. I dont know who he is and could give two shirts about him. If he is guilty he should pay the price. I think I will use my limited free time to read something worth while.

Whatever they did, I hope it was worth it when all this shakes out.

These types of things happen all too often. Some people will do just about anything for a rack and some perceived notoriety.

Man...some of you guys are sure tough...when you are on the ol key board ! To me ..arguing about this type of thing..with very little evidence...or..even with evidence is pretty childish. I cannot imagine what some of your daily life must be like ? Kindness never fails.

I first met Ryan in 1994 archery hunting the Kaibab… He was helpful and as you could imagine very knowledgeable of the unit…

In life all you have is you’re name and family… To tarnish that over a deer is the ultimate betrayal of both… JMO

He's,a poacher and an outlaw ,he doesn't deserve respect he deserves a long hard prison sentence and his privelage to hunt and fish revoked for life he'nothing but worthless trash. Like someone else,stated
This ISN'T his,first offense once,a,poacher always,a poacher
only good poacher is a DEAD one
I’d bet my life that you’ve poached in your time. Along with everyone else on here. There’s a good chance you didn’t even know about it. Very few humans know every rule of every place they hunt. So be very careful while throwing rocks in a glass house…

I’d bet my life that you’ve poached in your time. Along with everyone else on here. There’s a good chance you didn’t even know about it. Very few humans know every rule of every place they hunt. So be very careful while throwing rocks in a glass house…
I've said nothing critical about the man as I don't know the details. With that said, I'm sure I've never committed, or even been investigated for or charged with, Wanton Destruction of Wildlife, Obstruction of Justice, and Waste of Wildlife.

Heck, I've never even been given a warning for a wildlife crime, let alone have previous convictions.

Regardless, I don't see the attempt at relativism between all wildlife violations to begin with. I get that you're trying to say many people have inadvertently broken a wildlife law at some point, and I'm sure you're right.

However, failing to get an updated HIP number is not equivalent to shooting trophy deer after the season ends with a .22 by spotlight on private land. There are different types of wildlife crimes, they're not all equal. Statute says they're different and punishments are different for a reason. Not all wildlife crimes are "poaching" either. If you're right and most people here have "poached" then we have a big freaking problem.

The difference between mr hatch and most everyone else who, by your assumption, “poach” is mr hatch had intent and knowledge of what he was doing, was illegal. Most poachers by your definition, do it on accident. Still against the law, but the intent part goes a lot farther in a court room than an accidental crime does. Having prior convictions of related offenses definitely doesn’t help him in this at all.

but your statement of once a poacher always a poacher isn’t accurate or fair. Someone people make mistakes and learn from it, never doing it again. Not everyone has a hard time learning from their errors and correcting their actions in the future.

Gosh damn it you are correct! This one time in Colorado, after my uncle shot a deer, I took my Orange off to gut it. The fish and game officer saw me and made me walk all the way down to his 4 wheeler, asked why I wasn’t wearing any orange, I told him I took my jacket off to gut the buck. That dingleberry had the audacity to write my name in his little black book of sinners.

Ohh and another time, I was guiding an archery elk hunter from back East, I set him in the tree stand and got him set up. Not 30 minutes later he called saying he killed an elk. he was so excited until we told him it was a MOOSE not an elk. ? and we needed to get F&G up here. He was the only one who got a ticket, but it was much less than what Hatch and company are charged with.
And then, this one time at band camp… but we won’t talk about that.

I've been around Ryan a number of times and never seen or heard of any shenanigans. He's always been helpful and nice. Seems to be genuinely Mule Deer's biggest advocate. Like many others have said let justice prevail!

I always enjoy seeing Ryan, very knowledgeable, very helpful. Loves to hunt like all of us, yes a lot of us have made mistakes when we were young, but all be dammed that I would judge him when I no nothing of the story and it seems no one else does. I sure think if this was a big deal everyone would have known about it.

I have never met Ryan and don’t know him. However, when I lived in Utah I knew several people that grew up with him. They said, as a young kid, they were with him when he poached his first trophy buck out of season with a 22. They all said he had grown up and learned a lot since then and that he was a good family man…but, none of them would hunt with him anymore. I really hope the facts given in the PC
Statement are somehow wrong. It would be really sad to see a guy continue to do this after so many chances. His childhood friends all said he poached numerous deer as a youth out of season with a .22.

Since Hatch and Hamberlin are charged with the same offenses, does anyone really know if he did the deed, or his client he was guiding? Under Utah law, if you were doing it for pecuniary gain, I believe you end up being just as guilty as the person performing the act itself???

Since Hatch and Hamberlin are charged with the same offenses, does anyone really know if he did the deed, or his client he was guiding? Under Utah law, if you were doing it for pecuniary gain, I believe you end up being just as guilty as the person performing the act itself???
I think that’s the law, I’d have to double check with my pal Tri the P.I.

I feel a few key details are missing right now. How far into Utah were the two. The laws allow for two people to be charged with the same crime. It’s like the get-away driver being charged with the same crime as the people who committed true actual robbery. If they worked together in the crime then they can both be charged.

What has WLH gotten "pinched " for? I'm not talking internet lynched. I'm talking about what has he gotten picked up by the law for.?

You make big accusations and then talk about nothing more than internet gossip.

And I've never told you to give the benefit of doubt. Not once. I tell you to let the criminal justice system do their job while we act like professionals and gentlemen. Sit over there and think whatever you want about people picked up by the law. But don't turn your hate into a public spectacle.

I know better.

WLH client, **** a sheep, that YOU posted pics of, on a closed unit.

WLH never denied it was a closed unit. They played a "called the Price fisheries biologist" to ask, game, but NEVER claimed it was an open unit.

Of course the legal process is a game. If you have $$$ you can chop off your ex wife's head(OJ), or molest half of Palm Beach Florida(Epstein).

You live in a city with an exploding murder rate because you DA won't charge, and releases violent offenders. Doesn't mean they don't deserve jail, just means Kim Ogg is bought off.

The legal process doesn't determine guilt or innocent.

Which you know.

Sad thing TRI, is once in a awhile you show your true self, but that that troll on you shoulder wins from time to time

Hatch has not been charged with killing that buck illegally. He’s been charged with assisting another to do so, which is also a felony.

I’ve read the PC statement. The specific allegations here don’t really lend to a misunderstanding or an “innocent mistake.” They are alleging they killed the buck in Utah, quickly moved it back to AZ while leaving most of the deer behind at the kill site in Utah, and then lied about where it was killed when questioned by the LEO.

It shouldn’t be too tough to connect the head of that deer to the rest of the animal left behind to waste in Utah. Simple DNA process there. I’m guessing they have that evidence with the allegations made. And they’ll have the statement of where they claimed the buck was killed in AZ. If the state possesses all that evidence, then it’s game over for these two. We’ll see if the state can prove this or not.

And if it really went down the way it’s alleged, you could see Lacy Act violations coming too.

Hey Booty!

I'd Bet He Got A Pic of you as Well!

Not Just Your Name!:D

Should I Post the Pic?

Gosh damn it you are correct! This one time in Colorado, after my uncle shot a deer, I took my Orange off to gut it. The fish and game officer saw me and made me walk all the way down to his 4 wheeler, asked why I wasn’t wearing any orange, I told him I took my jacket off to gut the buck. That dingleberry had the audacity to write my name in his little black book of sinners.

I know better.

WLH client, **** a sheep, that YOU posted pics of, on a closed unit.

WLH never denied it was a closed unit. They played a "called the Price fisheries biologist" to ask, game, but NEVER claimed it was an open unit.

Of course the legal process is a game. If you have $$$ you can chop off your ex wife's head(OJ), or molest half of Palm Beach Florida(Epstein).

You live in a city with an exploding murder rate because you DA won't charge, and releases violent offenders. Doesn't mean they don't deserve jail, just means Kim Ogg is bought off.

The legal process doesn't determine guilt or innocent.

Which you know.

Sad thing TRI, is once in a awhile you show your true self, but that that troll on you shoulder wins from time to time
That still ain't "pinched" no matter how much you wish it.

As for our murder rate it doesn't have anything to do with Kim ogg. I ain't one of her fans but I'm not going to blame her for something out of her hands.

As for our murder rate it doesn't have anything to do with Kim ogg. I ain't one of her fans but I'm not going to blame her for something out of her hands.
Pinched, tugged or shaken you seem to always find the “gray area”.

Pinched, tugged or shaken you seem to always find the “gray area”.
It ain't very gray to the men and women supporting families with that business yall like to throw bombs at.

To yall its all gits and shiggles but for them it's something they've worked their entire lives for. You ever had some bored wanker with nothing better to do make up some bs on the internet and next thing you know your business slams on the breaks and you have a government agency or two crawling up your a55? These are families you bad mouth Milligun.

It ain't very gray to the men and women supporting families with that business yall like to throw bombs at.

To yall its all gits and shiggles but for them it's something they've worked their entire lives for. You ever had some bored wanker with nothing better to do make up some bs on the internet and next thing you know your business slams on the breaks and you have a government agency or two crawling up your a55? These are families you bad mouth Milligun.
Can you give us an example?

Bored wankers on the internet charged them? I misunderstood, I was under the impression they were charged with a crime by law enforcement. Presumably after some investigation where it was determined that a crime was likely committed.

If the industry is too complicated for you to operate within the rules, choose another line of work. For everyone’s sake.

The states make it pretty easy, they even print the name of the state that your hunting right on the tag, most if not all even have the unit printed as well. I think they teach you this in hunter Ed. Most 10 year olds understand

The problem with most of this rhetoric isn’t how or why you poached or my how much margins. After all, the law is blind and right is right and wrong is wrong. I’m not speaking to anyone’s moral compass, just the law. I don’t know this guy or anything about what he has or has not done wrong. I also don’t care. Ppl break the law cause they’re hungry and they break it out of ignorance. Both weigh equally because both are their fault. So your guy that accidentally shot the moose is just as guilty as a guy who knowingly pursues moose illegally. Ignorance is not an excuse and both paths end in a dead animal that should be wandering around for a law abiding hunter.

BS on internet or photographic proof?
The comment was directed to you finding gray area not these majestic others you speak of. With that said they wouldn’t be crawling anywhere without reasonable suspicion?

Out of your 6468+ Messages in this site with over 66% disagreeing with you tell me the math is in my favor

Last edited:
Nope he was totally in the right here, just ask Tri, and the convicted poacher on this thread.

PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT: Hal Stout of the Division of Wildlife Resources, having probable cause to believe that the defendant committed the above-listed offenses, submitted the following evidence in support of the filing of this Information: The Defendant was hunting with another individual in Arizona. They tracked a trophy animal (deer with 38 inch rack) that was in Utah and went into Utah to pursue it. The other individual shot the deer in Utah. Neither individual had the appropriate tag to hunt the deer in Utah. The Defendant continued to assist the other individual and took the head and some of the meat while leaving the remaining carcass to waste in Utah. Upon investigation the Defendant told peace officers that the other individual had shot the deer in Arizona near the white pockets area.

PROBABLE CAUSE STATEMENT: Hal Stout of the Division of Wildlife Resources, having probable cause to believe that the defendant committed the above-listed offenses, submitted the following evidence in support of the filing of this Information: The Defendant was hunting with another individual in Arizona. They tracked a trophy animal (deer with 38 inch rack) that was in Utah and went into Utah to pursue it. The other individual shot the deer in Utah. Neither individual had the appropriate tag to hunt the deer in Utah. The Defendant continued to assist the other individual and took the head and some of the meat while leaving the remaining carcass to waste in Utah. Upon investigation the Defendant told peace officers that the other individual had shot the deer in Arizona near the white pockets area.

CASE NUMBER 161000047 - Other Misdemeanor
CURRENT ASSIGNED JUDGE: GARY L JOHNSON

Parties
RelationshipPartyRepresented By
PlaintiffKANAB CITY
DefendantRYAN SCOTT HATCH

Charges
OffenseOffense Date
Charge 123-19-1(1) - POSSESSION OF LICENSES, CERT OF REGIST, PERMITS AND TAGS REQ
Class B Misdemeanor (amended) to Class B Misdemeanor
Plea: June 15, 2016 Not Guilty
Disposition: July 19, 2016 Guilty - Bench

Thanks for the info deerslayer, why do you suppose none of this has come out in the last couple years

BS on internet or photographic proof?
The comment was directed to you finding gray area not these majestic others you speak of. With that said they wouldn’t be crawling anywhere without reasonable suspicion?

Out of your 6468+ Messages in this site with over 66% disagreeing with you tell me the math is in my favor
Just bs on the internet.

You ain't the law and you ain't a mathamagician. Wouldn't surprise me if you aren't a hunter.

Ask your boy if he's guiding AI this fall

Just bs on the internet.

You ain't the law and you ain't a mathamagician. Wouldn't surprise me if you aren't a hunter.
You are correct I’m not the law. I just have a moral compass. In fact I got 3 if you need to use or share them let me know.
Yes, I hunt enough to keep you employed for life.
flesh away puppet

You are correct I’m not the law. I just have a moral compass. In fact I got 3 if you need to use or share them let me know.
Yes, I hunt enough to keep you employed for life.
flesh away puppet
Always gotta love a guy who talks about his moral compass and calls people names in the same post.

I seriously doubt you hunt.

Getting back to the original post. I have been giving this thread alot of thought... I personally like Ryan and have done some business with him over the past few Years and they have always treated me right and I really enjoyed the Muley Crazy magazine until they quit printing it last year and if you ever talked with him you would know the man is very knowledgeable on hunting mule deer...and if you have ever been to his place of business in Kanab besides a great selection of optics and gear you'd have seen a bunch of great mule deer mounts (some real monsters) so if all this is true his reputation will be tainted for ever..and what for a little bit more fame... and some might even start wondering about some of the bucks he has mounted in his shop..so I guess we'll know the whole story eventually.. Hopefully for his sake this stuff is all a mixup ...but for right now all this has left a sour taste in my mouth...unfortunately many many years ago I knew Kirt Darner and respected him as a good mule deer hunter and alot of us know where that trail ended...

So do we know how far across the border he shot the buck? Not that it makes a big difference, but if it was 100 yards vs. 5 miles it could change the "story". It looks like where he said he shot the buck was about 3-4 miles south of the border.

So do we know how far across the border he shot the buck? Not that it makes a big difference, but if it was 100 yards vs. 5 miles it could change the "story". It looks like where he said he shot the buck was about 3-4 miles south of the border.
Miles!!!

We are to believe he didn't have OnX?

We are to believe he didn't have OnX?
I bet he knew, definitely doesn"t make it right in my mind if they knew they were across the line, but the distance could possibly change things a bit in my mind, just a bit. I bet they were way over though.

No one is mentioning leaving half the deer there to waste. Everyone is focusing on the location. If it was in the right state there are still issues. I spent 30 years in law enforcement and have seen some very good people crack and make huge mistakes. Can’t fix the mistakes except own up to it and prove it won’t happen again. I will leave the judging up to the judge.

Rich

It works in Utah

Ruolon Jones used it to kill moose.

TRI "good friend" Wade used it to kill sheep.

So at least Hatch is in good company.

Good thing is, TRI is here to defend them. I sure hope that remains true into the future ?

Dang Hossblur
It works in Utah

Ruolon Jones used it to kill moose.

TRI "good friend" Wade used it to kill sheep.

So at least Hatch is in good company.

Good thing is, TRI is here to defend them. I sure hope that remains true into the future ?
. Almost sounds like it pays to know me.

Hey milligun. Why don't you share your name and where you work
That’s private info unless I break a law or commit a crime then it becomes public info. You should be well aware of this. With my high profile employment I am not able to share that information for security reasons. Thanks again and have you finished fleshing my kudu, zebra, and axis yet? I will be sending more next week buddy.

That’s private info unless I break a law or commit a crime then it becomes public info. You should be well aware of this. With my high profile employment I am not able to share that information for security reasons. Thanks again and have you finished fleshing my kudu, zebra, and axis yet? I will be sending more next week buddy.
I figured a dude with a strong moral compass wouldn't be scared of people knowing his name. Seems kind of strange. Maybe people would find out you're an anti-hunter.

I figured a dude with a strong moral compass wouldn't be scared of people knowing his name. Seems kind of strange. Maybe people would find out you're an anti-hunter.
It’s quite common for big companies to restrict- or at least discourage- social media activities for people in certain positions.

I was essentially muzzled for 10 years; a wise move on their part.

It’s quite common for big companies to restrict- or at least discourage- social media activities for people in certain positions.

I was essentially muzzled for 10 years; a wise move on their part.
Yeah I'm sure it's not milligun's fault he is yella.

He sounds really tough and confident in his posts.

Are you saying his moral compass is actually determined by corporate America?????

Last edited:
Yeah I'm sure it's not milligun's fault he is yella.

He sounds really tough and confident in his posts.

Are you saying his moral compass is actually determined by corporate America?????
No, I’m saying it’s probably a good idea that someone discourages him from arguing publicly with the likes of you and I. :)

Corp America paid me to re-align my values temporarily. It was a very fair capitalist arrangement.

No, I’m saying it’s probably a good idea that someone discourages him from arguing publicly with the likes of you and I. :)

Corp America paid me to re-align my values temporarily. It was a very fair capitalist arrangement.
Dang. Re-aligned values doesn't really sound like a moral compass.

Mulligun, are you an elk killing kid? Can't tell from the pics. If you're actually a kid speak up. I'll cut your self-righteousness some slack.

Mulligun, are you an elk killing kid? Can't tell from the pics. If you're actually a kid speak up. I'll cut your self-righteousness some slack.
It was more like teaching me where the corporate moral compass points in terms of social issues.

I’m retired because the economics didn’t work for me anymore. But at least I got paid to re-align. :cool:

When it comes to your families survival, almost everyone has a price. I believe you made that point here.

Take the money out of the game and this stuff goes away.

Ben, that’s one of my boys is all. This is not a hard topic or discussion. I’m not self righteous just try to make decisions with the least amount of gray area is all. If you had any sense at all you would let the WLH die but people know they can troll you with it. You are your friends worst enemy
Again the math is in my favor. I’ll call you later today and see if my mounts are ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom