Need help for my daughter, please

• Thread starter muleyhunterfromhell
  • Start date
M

muleyhunterfromhell

My daughter has turned 12 and is ready to go do some hunting. She passed her hunters safety class and has all her stuff ready to go. My problem is that she is so small that she can't hike very well and she can't shoot her rifle off hand. She is a very good shot as long as she has a rest. I know I will have to resort to road hunting until she gets a little bigger. I was just looking to see if there might be a land owner in this great state, that might allow her to hunt on there property. This has nothing to do with me. I just want to find a place to take her hunting that won't be pressured. She really wants to go deer hunting and get a deer but has problems hiking and packing the rifle due to her size. So if there is anyone out there that might allow my daughter to hunt on there property and help a girl out to get her first deer. Please let me know, My daughter and I would really appreciate it. I will follow all rules. Or if anyone knows someone that might be able to help, please let me know.
Thanks so much for any help offered. Pm me if you would like and good luck to those of you already hunting

Is this for this year or next? What area are you looking to go hunting in? Get a list of landowners from the WY Gamd and Fish and start calling.

If she just wants to take a deer I am sure you could find someone that would allow you to take a doe no problem. What area are you looking at taking her??

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-10 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]Mike, What area are you looking to take her and how far from Rock Springs are you willing to go, I assume you want her to take a buck right?

Let me know, I know some ranchers a bit North of you.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER
www.ElkHunterSports.com

First off I would like to thank everyone for your help and your time with this. I have talked to a few landowners about her hunting on there land and have been unsuccessful. They say they already have people lined up to come hunt. I am willing to travel as far as i need to, to help her get her first deer. She wants to shoot a buck and she doesn't care how big it is. As long as it has horns.

Scott, thank you so much for offering your help with my daughter. I owe you big time. I guess I should of been finding other places to hunt instead of backpacking everywhere I go. Knowing that hiking those steep mountains was something that she doesn't want to do. In a couple years she should be good to go as long as she grows.

We live in southwestern wyoming and I will travel as far as i need to, to hopefully get her a deer.

I thank you all for your help and please keep the information coming. If there is anything I can do to help any of you just let me know what I can do.

Again, thank you all so much and I truely do appreciate all the help that has been offered. Take care and god bless

Mike

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom