Nevada muzzleloader

LAST EDITED ON May-27-12 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]If the ignition is an "Open" ignition it is legal...just because it uses percussion caps does not mean it is legal. Look at your regs very closely. Some inlines are not legal but like mine the "Traditions" Evolution is. I am from Oregon and if you are from Idaho you have very similar regulations. I can not use 209 primers but #11 and musket caps are legal. My bad... I thought you were looking to use the rifle in Idaho...Nevada ???????

Thanks for the replies. I will look closely at the regs. The initial look was somewhat confusing. I am from Idaho and I have the Bighorn which is an "open" inline and legal in Idaho. I use musket primers, loose powder and power belt all lead bullets.

I see sabots are legal in NV but I hate to change my setup that already works.

Looking forward to muzz hunting NV over Thanksgiving!

Your set-up is legal as-is. Closed breeches are legal as well. They weren't at one time but they changed the regs years ago to allow them...

Good luck with your 081 muzzy tag - take advantage of the rut and be prepared for temps below 0. You will be many miles off the pavement so be careful!

Horniac

Thanks Horniac.

I was fortunate enough to draw the 81 tag in 2008, the last year the rifle tag ended 11/5. We were happy to see the temps drop as the rains had made the roads nearly impassable. I'm thinking coal for the stove this year!

I hunted in the goose creek area near the Idaho border. The weather didn't move in until late in the hunt. I was thinking that the deer would be in that same area just down in the burned cedars in November.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom